The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Just filed my complaint to Infiniti. anyone else?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 06:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jellysick
Can someone check that number? I called it and some elderly woman answered and said I had reached American Airlines
The consumer affairs number for Infiniti per their website is 1-800-662-6200. Looks like he forgot the second 2.

http://www.infiniti.com/iapps/contactus

Old 06-16-2006, 12:36 AM
Got the same problem, probably will file a complaint too just in case!

Old 06-16-2006, 02:59 AM
I called in my complaint this evening... She told me they wouldnt issue a recall solely on my complaint ;-). I told her that I was fully aware of plenty of other owners that were experiencing this same issue!
Anyways, I hope Infiniti takes care of this problem.

Old 06-16-2006, 06:45 PM
My apologies, the number is 800-662-6200. I spoke to my service tech at the Infiniti dealership here. The G is not covered under the same recall as the Z because they are technically different due to the G's longer wheelbase. However, I have notice several compliants from other G owners. I'm still running Michelin PS which are supposed to be a good tire. I'm hoping that if Infiniti gets flooded with the same complaint, they are forced to respond.

Old 06-16-2006, 08:00 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by halmech
The consumer affairs number for Infiniti per their website is 1-800-662-6200. Looks like he forgot the second 2.

http://www.infiniti.com/iapps/contactus
**Corrected in the original post.**
C.

Old 06-17-2006, 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by 03 6MT
My apologies, the number is 800-662-6200. I spoke to my service tech at the Infiniti dealership here. The G is not covered under the same recall as the Z because they are technically different due to the G's longer wheelbase. However, I have notice several compliants from other G owners. I'm still running Michelin PS which are supposed to be a good tire. I'm hoping that if Infiniti gets flooded with the same complaint, they are forced to respond.
Why do you need a tire like the PS for driving on the street? Personally, I'd just use slower wearing cheaper high performance tires. If I am pushing PS's to their limit on the street I need to be in jail. You'll save yourself a lot of money going with something cheaper.

Old 06-19-2006, 02:53 PM
This is pretty interesting - I just received a call from a woman named "Norma" at Infiniti Consumer Affairs. She was calling in regards to my complaint that I called about last thursday. She wanted to tell me that just because the 350Z has a problem with feathering, doesn't mean that my G35 has the same problem, and that I need to have the tire manufacturer take a look at it. After speaking with her more, I explained to her that I was part of a G35 enthusiast group online, and that there were PLENTY of similar complaints. I continued to explain that if owners with different tires are experiencing the same issues, then it would lead me to believe that it is a problem that Infiniti needs to address, not the tire manufacturer.
She still insisted that I take my car to a Michelin dealer to have my tires looked at - maybe they could determine if it was a tire defect or not. She asked that I call her back once I found out more information...

I think this is pretty impressive - just the fact that someone would follow through to this point. I plan on taking it to a Michelin shop to have them inspected, and then I will be calling Norma back to give her the scoup. Maybe we can get Infiniti to address this once and for all!?

I'd really like to encourage others experiencing the same issue to call Infiniti and report the problem if you havent already. To anyone thats interested, Norma gave me this number for Michelin customer service - 1-800-847-3435.

Let's keep things rolling here...

Old 06-21-2006, 10:32 PM
The reason you get feathering of the front tires in the first place is mainly due to toe angle. Both the G35 and 350z use a little toe in or positive toe in the recommended alignment specs. The problem is amplified due to having a staggered setup in which you cannot rotate the tires to offset this uneven wear. The only thing you could really do is to have infiniti pay to realign your vehicle back to spec. Otherwise I would consider this problem to be part of the normal character of these cars and live with it.

Old 06-21-2006, 10:37 PM
I received a call today from Carey from Infiniti Consumer Affairs regarding my complaint filed. Fortunately, when she called I was a block away from the dealer where I purchased my tires. When they pulled my records, I found out that only have 8500k on the tires. After the inspection, their conclusion was there was nothing wrong with the tires. As a follow-up, I called Michelin to file a case as well and there were no known issues with the tires but logged my complaint for future reference. Carey from Infiniti advised me to take my car to my nearest dealer and have it checked. I will do that tomorrow and keep everyone posted. If you are experiencing similar issues with feathering of the front tires, I encourage you to call Infiniti and voice your concerns. From my conversation today, I can tell they have received other complaints other than my own.

Old 06-22-2006, 02:49 AM
hum...when recently checked my tires i noticed that the tires didn't seem to be wearing down evenly

(the way i checked was, the different grooves on the tire itself, the most inside groove seemed to have the most tire left and the most outside groove had the least amount of tire left)

after noticing the differences in the grooves, i came to the conclusion that these tires were manfucatured this way...i just figured nissian was anticipating for these to cars to camber a little bit off the assembly line and so they opted to use tires with more "meat" on the inside (so that the tires would last longer)

can anyone with a new or newer potenza re050a check these grooves to see if they have different size (different depth) grooves
the inner most groove vs. the outer most groove

btw i have the 19s potenza RE050a with
more outer wear than inner wear...how about everyone else?

Old 06-22-2006, 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by techi13
hum...when recently checked my tires i noticed that the tires didn't seem to be wearing down evenly

(the way i checked was, the different grooves on the tire itself, the most inside groove seemed to have the most tire left and the most outside groove had the least amount of tire left)

after noticing the differences in the grooves, i came to the conclusion that these tires were manfucatured this way...i just figured nissian was anticipating for these to cars to camber a little bit off the assembly line and so they opted to use tires with more "meat" on the inside (so that the tires would last longer)
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty darn sure that tire manufacturers to not make tires according to what side of the car they will be mounted on (at least tires that would be used on our cars). Any two tires that you get for the front of the G should be identical, until they are mounted and start wearing... If you are noticing more tread wear on the inside of each of the front tires, you are probably experiencing feathering as well...

Old 06-22-2006, 11:59 AM
Nope these potenzas come with 10/32" from factory.

Old 06-22-2006, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by Jellysick
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty darn sure that tire manufacturers to not make tires according to what side of the car they will be mounted on (at least tires that would be used on our cars). Any two tires that you get for the front of the G should be identical, until they are mounted and start wearing... If you are noticing more tread wear on the inside of each of the front tires, you are probably experiencing feathering as well...
actually they do make the tires according to which side of the car the tires will go on... on the 19s, the tires used are directional tires (which means that the tires are designed to roll in one direction except when reversing) hence theres no rotating of our tires every several thousands miles

Old 06-22-2006, 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by techi13
actually they do make the tires according to which side of the car the tires will go on... on the 19s, the tires used are directional tires (which means that the tires are designed to roll in one direction except when reversing) hence theres no rotating of our tires every several thousands miles
+1, I just put Nitto 555's on & they actually say right/left on them. BTW mine are 18's.

Old 06-22-2006, 10:56 PM
FYI.
UPDATE: A Class Action Suit Has Recently Been Filed Against Nissan For "Tire Feathering" and "Tire Roar" in the 2003 and 2004 Nissan 350z!
ATTENTION INFINITI G-35 DRIVERS: We are receiving an increasing number of claims for premature tire wear issues. If this problem occurs with your vehicle, we may be able to help.
http://www.nissantireproblems.com/

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just filed my complaint to Infiniti. anyone else?