The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Just filed my complaint to Infiniti. anyone else?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 07:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by techi13
actually they do make the tires according to which side of the car the tires will go on... on the 19s, the tires used are directional tires (which means that the tires are designed to roll in one direction except when reversing) hence theres no rotating of our tires every several thousands miles
I see what you are saying, but when you first purchase these tires, I think they can go on any wheel you want, as long as the rotation is correct. To rotate the tires, you cant simply rotate tires+rims, you'd have to remount the tires on the correct rims, rotating in the correct direction - that make sense? Anyways, in regards to these tires we are talking about, I think that uneven tread wear can be blamed on the feathering though - and not an intentional difference between tires from the manufacturer.

Old 06-23-2006, 07:57 AM
Originally Posted by Hutch
+1, I just put Nitto 555's on & they actually say right/left on them. BTW mine are 18's.
Thats pretty interesting - an news to me. Not that I am well versed in the tire industry or anything though. How do you like the Nitto's? Are they an all season tire or summer only tire?

Old 06-23-2006, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by lightforce18
u drive 13k in 6 months? WoW

In one year I havent even put 5k on my G yet.

Driiiiiiiiiive!!!!

Old 06-23-2006, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by Jellysick
Thats pretty interesting - an news to me. Not that I am well versed in the tire industry or anything though. How do you like the Nitto's? Are they an all season tire or summer only tire?
I just put them on, so I cant give much of a review yet. The ride is much smoother & quieter. Of course my Pilots were feathered real bad, so anything would be quieter. They have the same traction rating & a better wear rating as the Pilots, at about half the cost.

Old 06-24-2006, 10:47 AM
Good Info in the link. I just added my name to the list of complaints.

Old 06-24-2006, 12:32 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
actually they do make the tires according to which side of the car the tires will go on... on the 19s, the tires used are directional tires (which means that the tires are designed to roll in one direction except when reversing) hence theres no rotating of our tires every several thousands miles

The 18" ps's are also directional.

Old 06-30-2006, 01:38 PM
Are they unidirectional? I know they're asymmetric. If they're unidirectional and asymmetric, then there would be a left and right designation on each tire, but they only have an outside designation, which leads me to believe they're not unidirectional.