The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

VDC issues? reset?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 11:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VDC issues? reset?

Has anyone else experienced this? My VDC is activating much more often than it used to . . . I notice most on exit ramps, banked turns etc. Basically, what is happening is that the VDC is activating whenever the car is in excess of 30 MPH and the steering wheel is at all turned (I wish I could say by how many degrees). But this is definitely the Grandma version of VDC - I know the difference between ordinary driving and hard driving, and the VDC is definitely pushing well into the ordinary driving. I will NEVER turn the VDC off, because I think it is the most important safety device on the car, but in these new instances, it makes the car "feel" less safe because the handling feels unpredictable. Does anyone know a fix or even diagnostic? Searched on "VDC" and "Dynamic Control" but I did not find anything on this subject. Thanks.

Old 06-19-2006, 11:57 AM
THE BATMOBILE
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
very strange, never heard of this problem........either try the ecu pedal reset method (you should beable to pull it up in the search) or take it to the dealer

Old 06-19-2006, 01:01 PM
i know that one of the parameters of the VDC is to check the "angle" of the steering wheel vs wheel direction, I had this value reset at the dealer using a small elecronic device.

I had this done because VDC was kiking in for no reason , It didint solve the problem because it was "tire" related but I tough I could share.

Old 06-19-2006, 01:39 PM
I only have VDC on in the rain... Never drive with it on otherwise.. makes the car feel like a bigger pig than it already is.. I would say take it to the dealer and have them reset it..

Old 06-20-2006, 08:25 AM
I have had the exact same problem lately. It just started last week. As for the "tire issue," I thought of this too, but have had my setup since March which includes KDW 2's in the back and the Pilot sports up front. I will have my dealer check it out soon. Let me know what you find.

Originally Posted by gemini99
Has anyone else experienced this? My VDC is activating much more often than it used to . . . I notice most on exit ramps, banked turns etc. Basically, what is happening is that the VDC is activating whenever the car is in excess of 30 MPH and the steering wheel is at all turned (I wish I could say by how many degrees). But this is definitely the Grandma version of VDC - I know the difference between ordinary driving and hard driving, and the VDC is definitely pushing well into the ordinary driving. I will NEVER turn the VDC off, because I think it is the most important safety device on the car, but in these new instances, it makes the car "feel" less safe because the handling feels unpredictable. Does anyone know a fix or even diagnostic? Searched on "VDC" and "Dynamic Control" but I did not find anything on this subject. Thanks.

Old 06-20-2006, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by Bryant
I have had the exact same problem lately. It just started last week. As for the "tire issue," I thought of this too, but have had my setup since March which includes KDW 2's in the back and the Pilot sports up front. I will have my dealer check it out soon. Let me know what you find.

My car was un-drivable with michelin pilot front and dunlop direzza in the back, VDC kicking in even on strait road.

I changed the Dunlop for two Toyo T1R and took a few days before everthing gets back to normal.

Now I run on 4 toyo T1R and it's rock solid.

Old 06-22-2006, 07:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I may be having a similar issue. I have a steep driveway. When I first got the car, I had no trouble driving up at an angle so I don't bottom out. But ever since I drove the car without VDC, everytime I drive up my driveway, VDC light start to to flicker, kicking in preventing me to drive up, even if I turn it off. The only way I could drive up is the hit the driveway square, not at an angle, and my mufflers bottom out. I've got stock 19" so I know it's not a tire issue. Comments?