The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Tinting and the pigs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 03:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Tinting and the pigs

I know swoop just posted a thread somewhat similar to this, but my thread regards more the legal aspects of it. Out here in cali, we have pretty much the strictest laws for anything related to a vehicle. I'm going to do formula 1 pinnacle series tint, but I'm having a struggle on whether to tint the sides and backs or do it all around including the windshield. My friend had mirror tints on his impala and got pulled over like 6 times before he removed them, but that was pretty dumb. Would you guys recommend getting the windshield tinted also and if so at what % so it doesn't look too conspicuous. In terms of style should I do the same % all-around for go lighter in the fron and darker in the back. Just looking for expereinces and if youve had any run-ins with the law regarding your tints. Thanks!

Old 06-27-2006, 03:13 PM
Im from Cali....and everyone i know who has tints <50% in the front windows has had a fix it ticket. If you tint your windshield you will most likely get one. I myself have 10% in the rear and 50% in the front and never got a ticket. My previous car had 35% all the way around and i got pulled over . Its up to you if you want to run the risk. TINT = SEXy.

Old 06-27-2006, 03:21 PM
i got 15% all around and luckily have not gotten pulled over... in cali too... knock on wood

Old 06-27-2006, 03:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm sure some can get away with it. I live in Texas, but our tint laws seem to be pretty much the same.

I really don't want to get pulled over and hassled. IMO, illegal tint is simply an open invitation to stop you and see what else they can pop you for. The illegal tint may be the only ticket you get, but why give them such an inventation in the first place?

I do understand that the reply is 'because it looks good and protects better'. If that's your priority, instead of keeping things looking legal from the curb, then just take the risk and resign yourself to the fact that you've got an invitation, to pull you over, pasted to your glass.

Old 06-27-2006, 03:59 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Make your choice, then stand by it, meaning if you choose to do something contrary to the law, don't whine when you get popped for it.

As the poster above stated, the cops WILL pull you for it eventually, and it's likely they will nitpick other things when they do. For someone who so obviously dislikes the police (you called them pigs after all) I don't know why you'd want to invite them into your world.

Old 06-27-2006, 04:53 PM
i have it done in ny, and the cops are not that strict with tit, but when you get pulled over im sure they will right you on it.

Old 06-27-2006, 05:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
First of all, tinting the windshield is illegal, no matter what shade you have. Second of all, GT-Ron's right, they'll stop you for the simplest infraction and use that to search your ENTIRE car. So unless you have nothing modded on the G' except for the windows, good luck trying to hide the tint. But like Gee said, make your choice then stand by it.

Old 06-27-2006, 06:06 PM
Lexus IS350
Formula One Pinnacle series? You getting it done at Mr Tint?

Ive got the F1 Pinnacle on my coupe, good stuff. I started with 50% on the front two windows and 15% on the rear sides and back but later changed to 15% all around and am much, much happier with the uniform look.

If youre going to get your windshield tinted, be careful. The tint shop I went to, Mr Tint, said the cops will impound your car.

Old 06-27-2006, 06:31 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
this is why i have friends at my local pd than can/will sign off my fix it tickets

Old 06-27-2006, 11:36 PM
MORE POWER PLZ!!!
Who cares just get whatever you want. No matter what tint % you get they will pull you over anywayz.

Old 06-27-2006, 11:39 PM
Naw.. they wont.. if you get the backlimo tint.. and get the sides.. just enough to see inside.. it should be fine.. I got a fix it ticket.. cuz i had limo all around.. from L.A. Socal. Just dont act all stupid with them..

Old 06-28-2006, 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by mwarsh1
i have it done in ny, and the cops are not that strict with tit, but when you get pulled over im sure they will right you on it.
So what is the infraction they write you for for tit?

Old 06-28-2006, 12:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
^ You said tit. I giggled

Old 06-28-2006, 09:51 PM
"Tint on the front windows in California is illegal, period"! ... said the CHP officer who pulled me over with my 20% all around as he let a Cadillac CTS with limo pass him by. Like mentioned above be courteous and they'll treat you like a human.

Same officer told me they don't really worry too much about the tint as long as they can see you. He also made mention of some windows that are already tinted from factory, the film is embeded in the class kinda like factory. He said that is legal, but I haven't been able to find such a thing. Anyone know about this? Still searching.. til then my 35% all around will have to do. BTW I work across the street from the CHP Station in Monterey Park and haven't been harrassed about it YET!

Old 06-28-2006, 11:11 PM
tint

Here is a link that tells you what is legal in each state.

http://www.mrtraffic.com/tint.htm

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tinting and the pigs