The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

G Nearly Gets Run Off The Road

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 02:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G Nearly Gets Run Off The Road

OK guys, I have to vent on this one. Sorry if it's a little long...

I was driving home on Friday in the G in minor traffic. So this guy in an F250 is coming up behind me pretty fast and winds up cutting one guy off behind me, nearly hitting 2 cars.

Of course, then he starts tailgating me. I baby my G, so I TAP on the brakes, but he doesn't back off. Eventually he gets over in the slow lane and stays there for a while, but he had it out for me. About a mile later, his lane is stopped and there was plenty of room for him to get over in front of me, but he waits until I'm nearly even with his bumper and cuts me off WAY TOO CLOSE (within inches). So I get up along side of him and give him a the ol' one finger salute.

This is where it gets crazy. He cuts off another truck and goes to pass me on the SHOULDER. He was running out of shoulder space fast, so he literally almost side-swiped my entire car! I couldn't speed up enough to stay in front of him because of traffic.

So basically, I almost got clipped twice by the same jack@$$. Called the cops, but haven't heard anything, so I have no idea if they caught the bastard. I know, I should just let things on the road go, but what the heck is wrong with drivers these days?

Old 07-03-2006, 02:42 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dude - road rage isn't worth your life....

Rick

Old 07-03-2006, 02:43 PM
There are crazy drivers everywhere. You should have just backed off and let him in, especially when you saw him driving like an idiot and then coming up on your side while his lane ends. Glad he didn't hit you, but watch out for those crazies. Happens all the time, unfortunately. Have a beer, laugh at him because he wishes he had your car, and be on your merry way.

Old 07-03-2006, 02:44 PM
Let it go man-

f250 - I'm assuming that's a big pickup - You got to watch people that drive like that and give them a wide berth. For example, tapping on the brakes probably only serves to infuriate a driver like that even more. When people start riding me like that I just pull over to the next lane and let them pass. Don't let some a**hole ruin your day or make you do something that could f up your car or your life - it's not worth it. It's like in Spiderman where the dad says 'with great power comes great responsibility' or something like that-
you have to be comfortable with the fact that you could blow them off of the road, but you don't. That's much cooler - you don't have to drive fast, because your car is already cool...you'll be much more relaxed if you take that attitude.

Old 07-03-2006, 02:46 PM
a.k.a kleicoupe
That sounds like some scary ****!!!

Old 07-03-2006, 03:16 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ISMSOLUTIONS
Dude - road rage isn't worth your life....

Rick
+1......stay away from idiots like that.

C.

Old 07-03-2006, 03:23 PM
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I had a friend with prelude... and he'd use a$$holes like that to get money from insurance companies.. like in this situation he would've let the guyside swipe the hell out of his car... get his plates call the cops and milk the sh*t out of his insurance... he'd have the body shop replace the panels, not fix them or pound out the dents, and one on occation since he knew the body shop owner he was able to get a carbon fiber hood, trunk and fenders out of it, and then sued the guy and his insurance company for damages because he didnt have his car for so long... my brother also did the same with his truck basically except he didnt have time to get out of the way 2004 Dodge ram 2500 with huge gaurd rails on the front... some idiot in a van decided to cut him off by turning into a shopping center while he was coming down the road going about 50.. just rammed into the back of his van, literally destroyed the rear of that guys van, older astrovan.. brother sued the insurance company for it and got a settlement... used the $$ to buy himself some rims for his car lol...

Road raged drivers dont seem to realize how badly they can get owned for their rage and indifference on the road... my point... better to take it easy because u never know when u come across someone that'll let u hit him just because and own u in the courts... its pretty easy to do too.

Old 07-03-2006, 03:26 PM
it is unbelievable how quickly things can escalate - and if you get caught up in the action btw, cops will tell you your paritally at fault too. I know it's not easy to let these j@ckasses go/ I first hand had something very similar happen except the d1ck I was involved w/ was throwing stuff at my car on the freeway & wanting to brawl.

Since I've got a family now, i realized that I can't afford to behave that way- because my family depends on me.

Sounds to me like you did an ok job at holding your temper- maybe now you'll do even better next time and just keep away from the @ssholes altogether. That's what I try to do now. Some jerks just look for trouble, period. Good luck to you/ glad u and ur G are alright.

Old 07-03-2006, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by matt_0309
I baby my G, so I TAP on the brakes
That was your first mistake, if he didn't stop who would be in worse shape? Some lady kept brake checking me yesterday on the highway. These people aren't fooling anyone be tapping their brakes, get a clue, move over and don't be a douche.

Old 07-03-2006, 04:32 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
dude, if someone wants to go faster than you and you're in the passing lane, then pull the **** over!

wtf you tapping the brake for? now, if you were in the middle lane, ok;
but people who sit in the left lane are just morons...

Old 07-03-2006, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by rcdash
dude, if someone wants to go faster than you and you're in the passing lane, then pull the **** over!

wtf you tapping the brake for? now, if you were in the middle lane, ok;
but people who sit in the left lane are just morons...
I was in the left lane because it was in traffic. I couldn't pull over to the right. That's why I tapped on the brakes...I can only go as fast as those in front of me.

Old 07-03-2006, 04:50 PM
In Russian we say: Day Daroga Darokyum
Traslation: Let the idiot have the road

Old 07-03-2006, 04:56 PM
if it was legal, i would love to sit in peoples cars for when this happens, so that i could seriously hurt the idiots who drive like that....free of charge.

Old 07-04-2006, 01:57 AM
Most people have these hugh pick-up truck because they feel inferior socially so they hope those hugh pickup trucks will somehow help their self esteem but in all the wrong way. Those people look and act tough but inside they are very sensitive and if they feel like their manhood is being challenged, they'll act like a suicidal.

Old 07-04-2006, 01:33 PM
I kind of have to agree with Andy2 to an extent. It also doesn't have much to do with you (besides giving him the bird), the driver is an idiot and would act like that in any situation. His BIG truck is compensating for other parts of his body and is just trying to prove something!
Glad you and your G are okay! Drive Safe!

Originally Posted by andy2
Most people have these hugh pick-up truck because they feel inferior socially so they hope those hugh pickup trucks will somehow help their self esteem but in all the wrong way. Those people look and act tough but inside they are very sensitive and if they feel like their manhood is being challenged, they'll act like a suicidal.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G Nearly Gets Run Off The Road