G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Of all the things to take pictures of in Times Square

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 10:43 AM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool Of all the things to take pictures of in Times Square

3.5 years later and it still turns heads...

It was rush hour in Times Square on Saturday. About an hour before dusk and I was driving to a lounge with two other people who wouldn't know if I was driving a Kia or a Porche. We're in grid-lock and my friend riding shotgun says "Is it just me, or are they taking pictures of your car?"

I look over to the super-crowded sidewalk and there are five tourists snapping pics of my car. Two with regular cameras and two of them with their cell phones. One of them must have snapped at least five pictures from multiple angles while I was stuck next to them. This had me really puzzled, considering it was Times Square of all places on earth.

A block later and I'm the first car at the traffic light as the pedestrians begin to cross. A family of three walk in front of me and the dad points directly at my car and the son keeps rubbernecking all the way while making his way across.

"Hey, when you guys got in on that side, did you see anything wrong with my car? Did someone key "fvck you" or something on my door?"

They said they didn't see anything, but they aren't car people, so they wouldn't even notice something out of the ordinary. Another 50 feet later, a typical New Yorker walks down the lanes and says "bad ***" as he walks past. It's all about just having the parking lights on around dusk. That's about the only thing that was out of the norm on my car.

Old 07-24-2006, 11:34 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Put a smile on your face I bet.

Neat story.

Old 07-24-2006, 11:48 AM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The first time I ever saw a G35 was in midtown while I was up on a business trip back in 2003 - they had just come out. I stared at the car for a few minutes and told myself I was getting one. Not too long after I saw my first coupe, and I was even more determined.

Old 07-24-2006, 12:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
You gotta admit... Every car looks 10 times better when its in the middle of Time Square. Seriously.