The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

VDC off when racing?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 07:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VDC off when racing?

Someone told me that turning off the VDC when racing will help with the acceleration. Is this true? Ive always raced people on the street with VDC onn, should I be turning it off?

Old 08-08-2006, 07:38 PM
I found absolutely no difference in VDC off and VDC on going down the 1/4 mile and have the time slips to prove it. On the track they spray something down(forget what its called), but it is extremely sticky and helps with traction... our cars dont have enough power to spin on the track unless you are launching the car with a MT or have some serious HP. The only time i see use in turning vdc off is if you plan on spinning your tires or if you are going to be cornering extremely hard. VDC on or off on the track makes no difference on a auto though unless you want to burn out before the light....

Old 08-08-2006, 07:49 PM
IMO if you have a MT you should have it off while racing. i cant speak for the AT, as i didn't beat the loaner too hard! personally, unless its pouring rain, i have the VDC off. its just my personal preference.

Old 08-08-2006, 07:50 PM
First off, don't race on the street.

Secondly, when you do race on the TRACK, turn your VDC off. ^^If you have auto, then you might not notice a diffrence. With manual, when you shift, you WILL chirp, meaning you are losing traction. The moment this happens, your VDC comes on, and takes away power from the engine so you gain traction again. Not something desirable when racing.

Old 08-08-2006, 10:06 PM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
F*ck VDC, I have it off all the time, sometimes its too intrusive for spirited driving. Only times I have it on is when its raining or if it just had stopped raining but the grounds are still wet. Regardless of that, I never f*ck around on roads when its wet or raining, I know better not to, because frankly, RWD is no joke. I live in south florida, where our roads are just stretches of straight-aways. Sometimes Ill be pulling out of my house, onto the main road which is basically like a highway road, 4 lanes wide, and ill redline 1st, chirp, only to get your whole momentum cut off by VDC. With VDC off, the cars a new animal. What happened to the good ol days when there wasnt such things as VDC? Some people rely to heavily on electronannies for their driving. To learn a RWD car is an art...Learn your car, and learn how to control it when the rear end kicks out with throttle and counter-steer. VDC is simply there for the masses who arent such enthusiasts to keep them from totalling their cars.

Last edited by chilibowl; 08-08-2006 at 10:10 PM.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:17 PM
1/4 mile tracks are sprayed with a chemical called VHT to help traction. Some just spray the first 60 ft. some better tracks spray the whole 1/4 mile.

Yes, this stuff does make a difference.

Old 08-08-2006, 11:43 PM
My G35 > Your G35
If you have MT it does make a difference i turn it off so when i take of and im changing gears at high rms it doesnt pull me back and the light go off sayign slip. It slows you down IMO like 1 full second maybe more because it doesnt let your cars full power blow.

Old 08-09-2006, 12:14 AM
So basicly you guys are rewriting what i wrote except with different words

Old 08-09-2006, 12:39 AM
Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Captain Baller
So basicly you guys are rewriting what i wrote except with different words
No.

Old 08-09-2006, 12:45 AM
so what if im not a racer, should i leave it on ?

Old 08-09-2006, 12:49 AM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by j.le
so what if im not a racer, should i leave it on ?
Yes. VDC is awesome in slick conditions and when you understeer.

Old 08-09-2006, 09:51 AM
When I first test drove my g, with the dealer in the car with me he he, I was beating it and trying to get wheel in second. It woulden't and I was disappointed. 298 hp? Then I found the "switch". Totally different car on the manuals. Now whenever any ricer with a 4 foot tall wing and a weedwacker exhaust pulls up, VDC is GONE. It is very nice in low taction conditions like stated earlier. The beauty is that you can turn it on and off. Nice feature.

Old 08-09-2006, 10:52 AM
I always leave mines off, not unless its bad weather then i'll turn it on. does anyone know how to bypass the switch so that it doesn't keep turning on everytime the car shuts off?

Old 08-09-2006, 11:34 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
www.kptechnologies.com has a 'memory' module that will remember the state of VDC when you shut the car off and return the system to that state when you restart it.

Unless it's raining VDC is off in my car. However, my tires are pretty bald and I can't seem to grab traction in 1st or 2nd gear when accelerating heavily.

Old 08-10-2006, 12:07 AM
^^ thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: VDC off when racing?