The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Someone tried to Scam me on Ebay

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 04:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone tried to Scam me on Ebay

Edit: Since post is too long and people may have missed this point: I DIDN"T FALL FOR THE SCAM OR SEND THE GUY ANY MONEY, JUST WANTED TO SHARE MY EXPERIENCE WITH OTHERS AND ALSO PUT THE GUYS INFO OUT THERE.

I had this in another thread, but thought I would share this with others, since I was pissed off that someone tried to waste my time:

Check out this offer a person sent me on a g35 that was on ebay last nightbtw the persons email is ashleylove27@excite.com and goes by the name Ashley Wilkins and the sellers ebay id is lvitale7)
Info on Car: Infiniti G35, Year: 2005, Miles:18,500, Title: Clear, Exterior: White, VIN Number: JNKCV54E15M410211.

Email:
Sorry for the late response; something came up and I had to leave urgently on a business trip. I don't have my cell with me, I could try calling you if there's any need, but it's best for me to email you from my laptop. I wanted to let you know that the car is still available; I've ended the auction early because I had a buyer offering $9300 but his loan did not get approved.

I am selling the car for $8,350. The Infiniti G35 is located in London, CA and it looks like new, it has never been scratched or wrecked. It will come with a clear title, bill of sale signed by me as well and all the papers (including the original manuals and keys) that you will need to register it under your name. This is what I've got from the divorce settlement, and now I want to sell it because I don't have much use for it and I could use some quick cash right now, rather than waiting for a better offer (selling takes a lot of time too... and time is money). So I'm willing to let it go for $8,350.00 and since I only have one G35, First come, First served.

Although I am not home, we can still make the deal through ebay. I have a purchase protection program with them, so ebay will guarantee up to $10,000 for any vehicle I sell. Shipping is already paid, as I explained, my buyer changed his mind after I have made the arrangements to ship the car. The trucking company would not refund me but can ship the car to anywhere within continental US, so I've left it at their warehouse and it's ready to ship at anytime. Also, this purchase protection guarantees that the car is exactly as I described; basically, once delivered, you'll have 3 days to inspect it at your home and if you decide not to keep it you will get refunded in no time and they will charge me with the return costs.

If you agree with these terms, please email me your ebay username along with your shipping name and address so I can start this process through ebay. As soon as ebay informs me that the money has been received, I will have your car shipped. If you'll send the money by noon, I can even have the car shipped today and it should get to you in about a week. If you could then release the funds before the inspection period ends, I'd much appreciate it. I'm sure you'll love the car the day you'll get it.

Also, I've attached a few pictures of the car and here is the car's description: Infiniti G35, Year: 2005, Miles:18,500, Title: Clear, Exterior: White, VIN Number: JNKCV54E15M410211.

Thanks,
Ashley Wilkins.

Please guys be careful... I'm done with ebay as far as it comes to buying cars.

Last edited by HNICg35; 11-03-2006 at 05:07 PM.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:02 PM
It gets better:
Email person sent after I told them that the deal was a scam (btw the persons email is ashleylove27@excite.com):

perhaps there are 3 kinds of americans

1. we got these that I scam. They totally lack common sense and basically they think they're ripping me off, actually... They think I'm stupid and I don't know how much the vehicle is worth ... and they're the smart ones. Specially I like couples, they're the best (maybe some got divorced coz of this hahaha). some of them figir it out before they end up sending the money, but i'd still put them in this category, since they initially believed that the vehicle was actually for sale at my price; basically they escape mostly because of some dumb luck, but can't escape forever, there will always be something else they'll fall for eventually.

2. we got the normal people which I'll never know existed since the normal reaction to this, in my opinion, is to simply ignore my auction.

3. then we got the vigilantes. I am totally confused, why are they wasting their time with me? maybe because their time is not worth all that much, is it? they're clearely not making any profit out of this, and probably not making any profit out of anything, they just CAN'T. but they do have some psychological problems, they need to see a shrink instead (which will take their money too, just like me). i'm probably their worst nightmare, they threaten, file complaints, and I just laugh at them, coz they cant shut me down before I scam EVERYONE that is scammable, just like when it first happened to them. their goal is probably to feel superior, like cops do, kinda the same kind. ...hell, they're not even cops, cops laugh at them too (so that they feel superior, remember?). cops simply are guys that wanted to be "bad guys" but they never made it, they didn't have what it takes, so they got their job now to feel more confortable with themselfes. but when they encounter me they must feel awful, suddenly they realize their true nature, they realize they CAN'T be me, and will NEVER be, they'll just keep being the loosers, trying to impress idiots by holding their hands in the dark; and they'll NEVER defeat me, such a shame... at least they feel good when the #1 category worships them... thats sooo ****in low whahahahaha .

so **** you too!

btw, do you even have a clue on how much money i'm making?

Old 11-03-2006, 04:06 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Looks like a scam to me. Get the vin and run a carfax. Compare it to the owner's name.

Old 11-03-2006, 04:22 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Looks like a scam to me. Get the vin and run a carfax. Compare it to the owner's name.
Boy, did you even read the second post? Of course this is a scam. The scammer even admitted it.

BTW, these guys have ***** to do this and even reply saying they do it.

Old 11-03-2006, 04:25 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Ah.. link please

Old 11-03-2006, 04:34 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

LOL

so you're the sucker that got screwwweedd by this auction... should have come on here before and read this thread!!!

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-cars/122716-bs-ebay-scam-g35.html

Old 11-03-2006, 04:38 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Don't forget to report the bastard/bitch to ebay so they can delete the account.
C.

Old 11-03-2006, 04:45 PM
Banned
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Msedanman
Don't forget to report the bastard/bitch to ebay so they can delete the account.
C.

the guy was a member on ebay for like one day...same day he started that auction. I'm sure he could care less whether it was deleted or not. he/she will just make a new one as they have done in the past and get another sucker to pay them

Old 11-03-2006, 05:04 PM
First, of all if you read the posts I said he tried to waste my time, implying that I didn't get scammed. I didn't see your thread on this site because I am new to the forum, nor do I have time to read through every post on this forum. I was just trying to alert others and share my experience with them. I don't see WTF is so funny.

Originally Posted by filanj
LOL

so you're the sucker that got screwwweedd by this auction... should have come on here before and read this thread!!!

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122716

Last edited by HNICg35; 11-03-2006 at 05:11 PM.
Old 11-03-2006, 05:21 PM
Actually Filanj sent you a message through ebay so you should not have had to read every post on this forum. And if you fell for it then it is kind of easy to laugh at you. You obviously own a G already (because you are on here) I mean C'mon did you really actually believe you were getting that G for that cheap?

You arent that guy from Tennessee who was on "who wants to be a millionaire" are you?

Water surge !!!

Old 11-03-2006, 07:16 PM
No, I don't own a G, yet, unfornately, I don't have rich parents that will buy me a G by the age of 21 like some of the people on this forum, but was looking to buy one in the future, so I thought I would look at some of the forums for the car. I didn't fall for the scam, nor did I receive a message from Filanj, what are you talking about, a side note before you make comments get your facts straight, it will help you in life? confused: Either way I found the scammers response amusing and thought others that aren't as familar with buying cars from ebay could benefit from it. But then again opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one. So take the post how you want.

Originally Posted by OhMyG...35
Actually Filanj sent you a message through ebay so you should not have had to read every post on this forum. And if you fell for it then it is kind of easy to laugh at you. You obviously own a G already (because you are on here) I mean C'mon did you really actually believe you were getting that G for that cheap?

You arent that guy from Tennessee who was on "who wants to be a millionaire" are you?

Water surge !!!

Last edited by HNICg35; 11-03-2006 at 07:18 PM.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:26 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by HNICg35
So take the post how you want.

exactly, a complete waste of my time, thanks for the old news buddy

Old 11-03-2006, 07:35 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Thanks for the warning and story, HNICg35...I'm glad you didn't get burned and yes it was a funny story.
Too much of that kind of crap going on and it seems very little can be done about it.

But yeah, If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is ....