The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Ever drop something between the seat and console?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 10:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dropped my gym membership card down there yesterday. I think I got a better workout trying to get the damn thing out of there than I did in the gym.

Old 11-27-2006, 01:04 PM
I dropped my SLVR down there. Took 20 mins to get ti and the seat eat part of the phone leaving a large dent in the plastic. Phone still works now I know to just raise the seat up and not push it forward.
Anyone ever think of making a guard for this?
evo

Old 11-27-2006, 02:01 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by evo626
now I know to just raise the seat up and not push it forward.
evo
Good idea!! Never thought of that. Thanks
I hate that abyss...lol.

Old 11-27-2006, 02:11 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

thats one of the snap-ons claw... craftsman has them for like 8 bucks

Old 11-29-2006, 03:13 PM
I've had my car for 2 years and I'm still finding things the previous owner lost down there, like a really expensive cig lighter and a couple cigs, etc.

Old 11-29-2006, 03:26 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by TwinTurboZ
Dropped a lit cigarette by accident. First reaction, grab water bottle and pour down crack. By far the stupidest thing i've done to her.
even the guy with the lit roach didnt make that mistake... oh man.... bring out the carpet cleaner

if its something i dont need.. ill leave it til i clean my car... other than that... i just hold a pen with 2 fingers and slide things out... i once slid out like 3 blunts in like 20 seconds... this was maybe last week

Last edited by nghiars; 11-29-2006 at 03:30 PM.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I've also dropped a few things down there including a cell phone (twice), and my keys (once). Most of the time it's because the items slip out of my pants pocket and then just keep going.

The keyfob took the most damage. It didn't break but it now has a couple of large creases in it from the seat rail. I hate the thing anyway, it keeps swinging back and forth on the keyring and hitting the dash every time the key is in the ignition. I wish it was a one-piece fob/key unit like some of the other manufacturers have. Anyone try to hack a fob and key together yet?

The black hole sucks big-time... I still have marks on my knuckles where I rubbed a few layers of skin off.

-Wayno-san

Old 11-29-2006, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by Wayno_san
I've also dropped a few things down there including a cell phone (twice), and my keys (once). Most of the time it's because the items slip out of my pants pocket and then just keep going.

The keyfob took the most damage. It didn't break but it now has a couple of large creases in it from the seat rail. I hate the thing anyway, it keeps swinging back and forth on the keyring and hitting the dash every time the key is in the ignition. I wish it was a one-piece fob/key unit like some of the other manufacturers have. Anyone try to hack a fob and key together yet?

The black hole sucks big-time... I still have marks on my knuckles where I rubbed a few layers of skin off.

-Wayno-san
check this thread out...https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...ight=VW+remote

Old 11-29-2006, 05:37 PM
yeah i drop tons of stuff down there and the most annoying thing is when i drop my invisalign and when i finally get a hold of it, it always has some dirt particles on it.

Old 11-29-2006, 07:18 PM
Canada, eh?

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
I GOT YOU ALL BEAT!!! ..lol

Two months ago I got hard contact lenses, and the day I got them (I hated them and was trying to make them more comfortable, I don't have them anymore) I was holding it in my hand and it just HAD to fall down in between the crack and the seat. Spent like 45 minutes looking for it and I don't know how much I found it.

Old 11-30-2006, 02:27 AM
Back in SD**

Received 63 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by TwinTurboZ
Dropped a lit cigarette by accident. First reaction, grab water bottle and pour down crack. By far the stupidest thing i've done to her.
Read this, pictured the scenario, busted up laughing, wife is looking at me crazy and walking away.

Old 11-30-2006, 03:47 AM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Nah. I got all of you... I lost my Ipod nano when i first purchased the car in late Feb of this year. I thought I left it at work and someone snatched it up. Then last month, I got an Ipod 30 gig, had it for a week, loaded it up, got in the car, went to work, thought i left it at home, when i got back in the car to go home, i felt like my car was a little too forward, so i pushed the seat back with the button on the chair, felt like it was going slower than usual, tested the passenger seat and seen it went faster, so i held down the button till i heard a crunching and cracking, looked in the damn crack, found an ipod nano cracked open and my ipod 30gig twisted in between the seat and nano... My wife will not allow me to buy another one again... Fukc the damn crack son!

Old 12-02-2006, 05:11 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
I dropped my house keys down there once (keep them on a separate ring from car keys)... It was a TOTAL PITA!!!! I had to move the seat forward and back a few times to get them in the clear and clear room to reach them - when I finally retrieved them one of the damn keys was bent! (from the slider rail)... Like another person said, anytime I drop something I stop ASAP and retrieve... can’t stand the idea of anything loose lying around the car (except a chick).

Gotta keep a telescoping magnet in the car... Wouldn’t help for the cigarette (unlit) I dropped down there though... good thing I quit smoking - I won’t have to worry about that happening again!

Old 12-03-2006, 02:19 AM
Talking :-p

Yeah...that spot sucks. I lost an earring down there. It took me forever to get that damn thing out...im sure I gave one hell of a show to the fellas in my work parking lot.....first thing the morning.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ever drop something between the seat and console?