The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

1 Day after taking delivery of my 06 G35C 6mt: not a great one

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2006 | 12:59 AM
ya but clear bra is ridiculously hard to put on a car in the cold, that would explain the bumps and wrinkles. the crease in the bumper that is bull****

Old 12-10-2006 | 09:04 AM
If I were the dealership, I'd keep the car and you'd be out a chunk of change for stopping payment. From their standpoint, they now have NO money for the car so why should they sell it back to you after you were a bit nasty demanding a NEW car for a small issue. They could turn around and sell it to someone else just as easily.

WTF is wrong with people. Any amount of inconvenience should reward them with huge financial or material incentives. Let them fix the problems. Just as you believe they "knew" the car had issues with the rear bumper, they are probably just as sure you did the damage.

Really it's your fault for not doing the walk around and noticing the damage. You don't need flourescent lights to notice a 15" crease for crying out loud.

And almost everyone I know had issues with the first installation of a clear bra and had to take it back to have some imperfections dealt with.

Get over yourself and consider yourself lucky if they are even willing to sell you the car when you go back.

Old 12-10-2006 | 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by HokieZ
If I were the dealership, I'd keep the car and you'd be out a chunk of change for stopping payment. From their standpoint, they now have NO money for the car so why should they sell it back to you after you were a bit nasty demanding a NEW car for a small issue. They could turn around and sell it to someone else just as easily.

WTF is wrong with people. Any amount of inconvenience should reward them with huge financial or material incentives. Let them fix the problems. Just as you believe they "knew" the car had issues with the rear bumper, they are probably just as sure you did the damage.

Really it's your fault for not doing the walk around and noticing the damage. You don't need flourescent lights to notice a 15" crease for crying out loud.

And almost everyone I know had issues with the first installation of a clear bra and had to take it back to have some imperfections dealt with.

Get over yourself and consider yourself lucky if they are even willing to sell you the car when you go back.

couldn't you say its both their faults?

Old 12-10-2006 | 10:41 PM
i really doubt the dealer would let you drive off knowing there were damages to the body... why the hell would they want you to bring the car right back?

thats like turbonetic selling you a bad turbo,,, and not letting you know.. once you put the turbo on u found out that it has a blown seal... u take it off and send it back telling them you want a new one....

its called quality control. the reason why they offer to wash and wax ur car upon ur arrival is to provide u with a clean shiny ride and to inspect any damages at the same time...

seems like he was car happy, accidently revered into his trash can and went back to the dealer to get a brand new car.. cause he F himself up... when the dealer said, they will fix it and not give me a new car,,, the put a stop payment on it.. cause he reversed into something and knew that the damages was pretty bad. so he popped the bumper back out and try to blame the "crease" on the guy who filled the tank.

Thats my guess.

Old 12-10-2006 | 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by cnaman
i really doubt the dealer would let you drive off knowing there were damages to the body... why the hell would they want you to bring the car right back?

thats like turbonetic selling you a bad turbo,,, and not letting you know.. once you put the turbo on u found out that it has a blown seal... u take it off and send it back telling them you want a new one....

its called quality control. the reason why they offer to wash and wax ur car upon ur arrival is to provide u with a clean shiny ride and to inspect any damages at the same time...

seems like he was car happy, accidently revered into his trash can and went back to the dealer to get a brand new car.. cause he F himself up... when the dealer said, they will fix it and not give me a new car,,, the put a stop payment on it.. cause he reversed into something and knew that the damages was pretty bad. so he popped the bumper back out and try to blame the "crease" on the guy who filled the tank.

Thats my guess.
maybe. or the gas guy popped the dent out. still 30+ minutes is quite awhile to fill a car up w/ gas. i dont know...

Old 12-11-2006 | 07:52 AM

Thats my guess.

I highly doubt thats the case and your comments are in poor taste being that your taking the side of the dealership and not the forum member

Old 12-11-2006 | 12:56 PM
6MT Coupe
^^^+1
And the fact that the guy (gopher) that filled his tank that took 30 minutes to accomplish, was standing in front of the bumper crease while the paying customer (at that time) was doing his walk-around inspection, obviously to cover up his screw-up.

Funny how you can figure out how you could've missed that crease in the beginning, only to recapture the course of events and come to the conclusion that, that guy was strategically standing there b/c he didn't want to tell his boss that he damaged the customers new car in hopes of getting away with it. Still to this day, I bet that guy hasn't owned up to that, so it makes the Dealer think they're doing the customer a HUGE favor by fixing his car.

Get it fixed...pay them and end your relationship with them and go elsewhere for service/warranty work. They'll remember you and will dick with you from now on, no doubt.

Old 12-11-2006 | 04:26 PM
|
i got the call today, and everything has been fixed-so they say...

I am picking it up tomorrow morning

just to recap-

They pulled the rear bumper off the showroom car and put it on mine, and redid the clear bra.

I appreciate those guys who stand by my statement-I'm not a dishonest person at all, and I would own up to my mistake if it was my fault.

I think this is the position the dealer is taking, i dont know but I do know is that they are trying to make things right- as they should be

I dont know if it helped my situation but my old man worked for Nissan, and yes I did recieve plan A VPP pricing

Old 12-11-2006 | 07:33 PM
congrats and good luck

Old 12-11-2006 | 07:51 PM
I know your dilema sounds unfair because the car is new when you bought it. But if the dealer is willing to do things right then just play it cool. I had the same situation when I took delivery of my car. I didn't notice the big dimple like mark on my front bumper. Didn't even see until the next day. I called the dealer up and told them what I saw on my bumper. All they said was bring it in and let's see what we can do. I get it there the same day they saw it and the manager said to give me a loaner and they will have it ready in 3 days. When I got my car back I got a complete detail and 3 free oils changes and 2 shirts and 4 hats and a sun shield all in my trunk. And neatly on my dash was a thank you card for my understanding and patience. I could not believe that they gave me all these stuff for free. I thanked them in return and complimented them for the service I got. And yes the bumber was fixed very nicely.

Old 12-11-2006 | 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by glennp_1999
I know your dilema sounds unfair because the car is new when you bought it. But if the dealer is willing to do things right then just play it cool. I had the same situation when I took delivery of my car. I didn't notice the big dimple like mark on my front bumper. Didn't even see until the next day. I called the dealer up and told them what I saw on my bumper. All they said was bring it in and let's see what we can do. I get it there the same day they saw it and the manager said to give me a loaner and they will have it ready in 3 days. When I got my car back I got a complete detail and 3 free oils changes and 2 shirts and 4 hats and a sun shield all in my trunk. And neatly on my dash was a thank you card for my understanding and patience. I could not believe that they gave me all these stuff for free. I thanked them in return and complimented them for the service I got. And yes the bumber was fixed very nicely.
HOLD ON TO THAT DEALER...that sounds almost too good to be true...

Old 12-12-2006 | 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by Blindside
HOLD ON TO THAT DEALER...that sounds almost too good to be true...
No kidding, but he probably went about it nicely, not demanding a NEW car, then stopping payment on the check. Amazing what happens when you treat people fairly and with respect.

Old 12-12-2006 | 03:01 PM
putting a stop payment on a check after you drove the car home is just wrong.... u drove it home. all sales are final.. yes they were a **** but they did work with you in the end.

if i were the dealer, i would take the car back as a lost, and blacklist ur azz thoughout the entire dealership database and never sell you anything....
Dealers are dealers, they'll sell to anyone. Believe me, they're lucky if they make a sale. The person at the bottom, the salesman has an even greater interest.

While it sounds extreme, the stop payment has given them the message. They had better get it right.

Originally Posted by Fassster10
...i think in court they would eat you alive if you were to take legal action....be fair....
From what I've heard, courts are typically customer friendly. They know dealers are often scum and treat them as such. It may be different in the US but that's what I've heard.

Last edited by Woblin_Goblin; 12-12-2006 at 03:04 PM.
Old 12-12-2006 | 06:37 PM
|
I picked up everything today, and all is well!

When I was leaving after all was settled and was satisfied, my salesman kindly said "Can you please release your check?"

I had it released yesterday, but it sure does feel good that I had the upper hand in the situation.

Old 12-12-2006 | 11:30 PM
Glad to hear it worked out. Enjoy the new ride

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1 Day after taking delivery of my 06 G35C 6mt: not a great one