The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

need a new car and considering the G. need HELP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 10:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need a new car and considering the G. need HELP

well i have a few questions about the G.

1.) how well does it handle?
2.) In performance wise, does it have a chance against the z?
3.) Coupe Or Sedan? I love both =]
4.) most important. Does girls dig it? haha most of my friends have the S2000, and it get alot of attention from people on the street. doesn't matter what age group.

if u guys can help me out that'll be great =]. Imma go test drive one this friday. unfortunately as a student. Gettin a used 1 =[ but its all good

Old 01-24-2007, 01:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by atlast
well i have a few questions about the G.

1.) how well does it handle?
2.) In performance wise, does it have a chance against the z?
3.) Coupe Or Sedan? I love both =]
4.) most important. Does girls dig it? haha most of my friends have the S2000, and it get alot of attention from people on the street. doesn't matter what age group.

if u guys can help me out that'll be great =]. Imma go test drive one this friday. unfortunately as a student. Gettin a used 1 =[ but its all good
1. handles nicely
2. 350z? same engine, just heavier body
3. coupe
4. its a biotch magnet

get one.

Old 01-24-2007, 02:53 PM
1) I have a stock 03 sedan with the aero package (17 inch rims and sport suspension). Unfortunately, in my part of the world most of the roads are straight for as far as the eye can see so the car never gets pushed near it's handling limits. I've never driven a Z but I've read from various sources that Gs can out handle Zs though I've got nothing to base that statement on and am not sure of how different the 07 z is from previous years.

2) 2007 Z's have the new engine which I think is the same as in the new Sedan. The weight is very close between all 3 cars. The 2007 G sedan and Z should be faster than the 2007 coupe (coupe has the older but still excellent engine).

3) 2007 sedan vs 2007 coupe. On paper the sedan should be better all around as it is a redesign based on the new platform with the new engine. That being said, the 2007 coupe is based on the older proven platform and engine... the bugs should be worked out by now.

4) Yeah, it's a magnet until they see the dork behind the wheel

My advice would be to test all three.

Last edited by Woblin_Goblin; 01-24-2007 at 03:00 PM.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:58 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
1. The G (coupe or sedan) handles very well stock, drop it on some tein basics and hotchkis sways and it'll feel like its on rails.
2. Stock for stock, the Z against G coupe, the Z takes it because it is fairly lighter. The Gsedan would give the Z a better run because it's lighter than the coupe by about 100 lbs.
3. SEDAN!!! but i'm biased. I love my sedan, and especially when you mod it, you dont see too many modded Gsedans on the road.
4. Yes the girls love it. My girl happens to love the backseat more than anything. But i have people from all ages giving me thumbs up and props for my car.

New or used the G is a great/solid car that will last you long if you keep it up.
-GP-

Old 01-24-2007, 08:35 PM
haha. im gonna go test drive the G something this week. thanks for the reply. it really helped. lol now im really stuck between the sedan or coupe. I use to own a maxima and i agree with u Gdup. the ladies love it. But in comparison, how much bigger is the ROOM space for the sedan and coupe?

Old 01-24-2007, 08:50 PM
lazy a$$
Originally Posted by G-MENTED
1. handles nicely
3. coupe
4. its a biotch magnet

get one.
Like he said.

Old 01-24-2007, 08:52 PM
lazy a$$
Originally Posted by Woblin_Goblin
1) I have a stock 03 sedan with the aero package (17 inch rims and sport suspension). Unfortunately, in my part of the world most of the roads are straight for as far as the eye can see so the car never gets pushed near it's handling limits. I've never driven a Z but I've read from various sources that Gs can out handle Zs though I've got nothing to base that statement on and am not sure of how different the 07 z is from previous years.

2) 2007 Z's have the new engine which I think is the same as in the new Sedan. The weight is very close between all 3 cars. The 2007 G sedan and Z should be faster than the 2007 coupe (coupe has the older but still excellent engine).

3) 2007 sedan vs 2007 coupe. On paper the sedan should be better all around as it is a redesign based on the new platform with the new engine. That being said, the 2007 coupe is based on the older proven platform and engine... the bugs should be worked out by now.

4) Yeah, it's a magnet until they see the dork behind the wheel

My advice would be to test all three.
Wow, I didn't know about 07 Zs will have the 07 Gs engine. If this is the case, the Z could do 0-60mph in 5.0 or 5.1.
How come they didn't do this with the 07 G coupe?

Old 01-24-2007, 09:15 PM
and i heard the new G can handle up to 1 k HP stock?

Old 01-24-2007, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by atlast
haha. im gonna go test drive the G something this week. thanks for the reply. it really helped. lol now im really stuck between the sedan or coupe. I use to own a maxima and i agree with u Gdup. the ladies love it. But in comparison, how much bigger is the ROOM space for the sedan and coupe?
Trust me in the sedan u can acutally breathe inside the back seat ...To me a coupe is nothin but a 2 seater with some room in the back for little children . You can squeeze 2 adults in the back, but its not goin to be pretty. It realy depends on your situation. If u need room for more than 2, i would get a sedan, but its just u and your chick i would go coupe.

O btw i drive a sedan with sport package, and it rocks!

Old 01-25-2007, 12:03 AM
u got some pics? i wanna get the sedan too. but its soo hard to find the one i like. or is it better to get a standard 1 and upgrade the body? and to find it stick. is even harder. show me piccccsss =]

Old 01-25-2007, 11:02 AM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
I love my sedan...coupes r nice but too common in my area so I like to build something different

Old 01-26-2007, 02:22 AM
Originally Posted by G-MENTED
1. handles nicely
3. coupe
4. its a biotch magnet

get one.
+1

I have both the G35 coupe and sedan. I love both, but the styling of the coupe is dearer to my heart and the coupe is the one that I have an ambitious build project planned for (besides the fact that the sedan is the wife's daily driver ).

Like the others said, the sedan obviously has a more usable and practical backseat area, if that's a priority for you. The coupe has the same wheelbase and rear leg room, but a lot less headroom.

As far as the handling, it's great, and you would be amazed with the difference just putting a set of aftermarket sway bars (I've got Cusco) makes to an otherwise stock suspension/wheel/tire setup.

As far as the 350Z, I prefer the styling of the G coupe. I shopped and test drove both cars before buying my first G coupe in 2004. I think it's so much sleeker and sexier than the Z. The Z looks stubby to me. I think the G's styling outweighs any minor/slight performance advantage the Z has. Another consideration is that Infiniti has a superior warranty to Nissan (4 years/60,000 miles & 6 years/70,000 miles versus 3 years/36,000 miles & 5 years/60,000 miles).

I hope this helps. Good luck with your decision!

Old 01-26-2007, 03:24 AM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Very good advise to the OP.

So far I havent really seen any biased opinions... mostly facts

Old 01-26-2007, 03:58 AM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
Here's a picture that might help sway your decision to go with 4 doors

comparative "ROOM" space between the coupe and sedan is no comparison, i can barely fit in the back of my friends coupe and i'm only 5'10" 170. I can comfortably sit in the back of my sedan and stretch my legs out. With the front seats all the way forward.... there's PLENTY of room back there
-GP-

Last edited by Gdup35sedan; 01-26-2007 at 04:01 AM.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:01 PM
wow that is beautiful! thats how i fell inlove with the sedan. there was one parked near my house. a white one with sport package. first i thought it was the coupe lol. very nice. imma go test drive some today probably. thanks for the help guys =]

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: need a new car and considering the G. need HELP