The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

So my car got stolen last night

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 08:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn that sucks dude. hope your insurance covers it.

Old 04-08-2007, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by AthensBlueG
^You can use a tennis ball too. Did you guys see that video where it's demonstrated? The cars are easy to break into, I just thought they were a bit more difficult to mobilize without a key.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I bet you're steaming mad. Was there anything in the car that is irreplaceable?
how can you use a tennis ball??

Old 04-08-2007, 09:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by brownguy420
how can you use a tennis ball??
There was a thread, or 50, back a couple weeks ago on it. I heard that some members tried it and it didnt work, because our locks are in a different position. Something about them being in the middle of the door, and not triggering with a shock.

Old 04-08-2007, 11:03 PM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
I'm curious myself if it's possible to steal a G. One of the many reasons why i bought a G cause of the security. My two previous Hondas were both stolen and i was fed up with it. My insurance even quoted a higher rate for a honda compared to the G.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it was just towed or lifted into a flat bed. I'm thinking, even that would make a lot of noise. I'll be really dissapointed if hotwiring a G is as easy as a Honda. I've been enjoying my sleep with a piece of mind that my car is going to be there the next day.

Old 04-08-2007, 11:38 PM
I have good news and bad news guys. The car has been found an hour away parked in a ditcf. Apparently the guys that stole it got drunk and fun and got in a wreck and decided to ditch it. The damage is pretty bad. I'd estimate about 15g's to repair and the cars kelly blue book value has it at 22g. I'll be up there wednesday to check out the car cause it's not drivable. I hope my insurance company doesn't bs and try to repair it. The damages is more than half of the cars value. Just sign me my check and be over with it.

Old 04-08-2007, 11:46 PM
Brian
Wow. I hope your personal belongings are still inside, whatever they are.
Guess it goes to show you that our cars are so damn hot, people will STEAL them just to get a chance to drive them. Man! Ridiculous.

Since you said the car is paid off, and it does sound like it's totaled (in Massachusetts, if the damage is 75% or more of the car's value, it's "totaled"), is that relatively good news for you because now you have an excuse to go car shopping? Did you have any mods done to the G?
I'm sorry you're in this position. Please let us know how it turns out, and what you plan to do. I hope you can pick up another one.

Old 04-08-2007, 11:52 PM
Administrator
Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts
i wanna see a pic of that steering column cause the car should not be driveable without a key.

Old 04-09-2007, 12:00 AM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
don’t be surprised if it was a tow truck (if you ever find out)... they are able to do things much quieter these days! I know for a fact it is possible to pull it off at night without much noise and relatively quickly. The problem is in this case there is no apparent reason for a legit tow company to take it - how common is it for a thief to use modern tow equipment?...

I have always been confident in the ignition chip - but lets face it if an accomplished thief wants a car he will get it. It doesn't matter what the car is or has. I haven’t heard that ours are that desirable though... the hard-core thieves would go after Porches, high end BMWs etc...

Hope you get it back

Old 04-09-2007, 12:23 AM
You're right in that if they want to steal it, they will by any means possible. I'll take some pictures wednesday when I go down to the Sheriffs office to have a good at it. I've aways been confident in our ignition key but not anymore. I'll take some pictures and keep you guys posted;

Old 04-09-2007, 12:55 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
don’t be surprised if it was a tow truck (if you ever find out)... they are able to do things much quieter these days! I know for a fact it is possible to pull it off at night without much noise and relatively quickly. The problem is in this case there is no apparent reason for a legit tow company to take it - how common is it for a thief to use modern tow equipment?...

I have always been confident in the ignition chip - but lets face it if an accomplished thief wants a car he will get it. It doesn't matter what the car is or has. I haven’t heard that ours are that desirable though... the hard-core thieves would go after Porches, high end BMWs etc...

Hope you get it back
how bout a not-so-honest employee of a tow truck company or a small preivate owned tow company that works from home... even a stolen tow truck...

and how did they drive it to wreck it.. thats where i believe it might not have been a tow because they were able to drive and wreck it

HOpe insurance just cuts u a check man!

Old 04-09-2007, 01:21 AM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Put a piece of black electrical tape over your VIN # in your front window... If someone gets your VIN # they can get a key made for any vehicle.

Old 04-09-2007, 01:43 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Triji
Put a piece of black electrical tape over your VIN # in your front window... If someone gets your VIN # they can get a key made for any vehicle.
Anyone could do that, without no proof of ownership? That sucks!

Old 04-09-2007, 03:04 AM
Received 384 Likes on 196 Posts
Which will still only get you into the car. Key's need to be registered into the car's computer system to be able to work...

Old 04-09-2007, 06:18 AM
Originally Posted by nghiars
how bout a not-so-honest employee of a tow truck company or a small preivate owned tow company that works from home... even a stolen tow truck...

and how did they drive it to wreck it.. thats where i believe it might not have been a tow because they were able to drive and wreck it

HOpe insurance just cuts u a check man!
When I posted I was unaware that it had been recovered - so I didn't know it had actually been driven. So yes now it's very intriguing to find out how the hell he started the car.

Old 04-09-2007, 06:20 AM
That can't possibly be true. Not just from a VIN

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So my car got stolen last night