Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 12:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
still no pics huh?

Old 04-26-2007, 02:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by verbal assassin
there is no way in hell u can make a key with just a VIN...
What makes you say that?

if u bought ur G brand new. On ur spare key, there is a metal tag with a couple of numbrers... thats the ID tag for the CHIP..
Um, no. That number has zero to do with the chip. When you get a new key made, it will not start the car until you program it into the ECU.

But that aside... You'd be surprised what can be cross referenced from the VIN number. The VIN is just used as a record-locator in the database to pull other information. Similar to how by simply using your license plate number, you can pull the registered owner, name of bank the car was financed through, phone number of owners. Then using the phone number, you can do a reverse search, and find information such as all known previous addresses, names of known residents that share the same address. Than from that, you can cross reference the person that owns/leases the property, their known addresses and phone numbers, the selling price of the property, the original purchase price of the property, etc.

Just because the keys have a number written on a tag, doesn't mean that tag is the only way to get that number.

and, do you really think the DEALER are that Stupid? To make someone a key, who just shows up a dealer with a paper on his hand conataining a VIN #?

haha. I would like to see the guys who claims you can with a VIN do it...
Like I said. If you can buy-off an employee to give you the security code to the dealership, than you can buy-off an employee to make you a key no questions asked.

But let's suppose they ask for stuff:
I bet they will ask for some IDs, Registration and all that.
What will your ID prove? You can fake an ID pretty easily... Registration? That doesn't even prove you own the car, it just shows the car is registered. Why would a dealer ask for registration anyways? If you can get the registration out of your car, than you obviously already have keys to unlock and get in the car. If your keys are misplaced/locked in car/etc, than you wouldn't be able to provide that information.

In the end, they will just find out that they are grabbing the VIN theory out of their azz and just basically "read" about it online and took it as FACT.
The thing people are forgetting is that because the key has an immobilizer, even if the dealer cuts a key for you from the vin, it still won't start the car. But that in and of itself could be a non-issue, because many people keep spare/valet keys in the car, glove, console, etc.

Last edited by avs007; 04-26-2007 at 02:39 PM.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:17 AM
Angry same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago

My car got stolen from my house. they found it within 2 hrs of me coming home and it was on fire. I have no idea who did it and why but ontop of that i really want to know how.It was found about 45min to an hour from my house. How does someone steal a g35 that ****ing fast and not setting the stock alarm off. It doesnt seem possible but according what happened to me, its possible. Any ideas.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:35 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Trinidad21112
My car got stolen from my house. they found it within 2 hrs of me coming home and it was on fire. I have no idea who did it and why but ontop of that i really want to know how.It was found about 45min to an hour from my house. How does someone steal a g35 that ****ing fast and not setting the stock alarm off. It doesnt seem possible but according what happened to me, its possible. Any ideas.
got pictures?

Old 05-29-2008, 04:18 PM
my g got stolen...but only because my mom left the keys in it AND didn't lock it. 16k in damages, insurance covered it, cops never did anything.

There are ways to steal these cars with out the key. I'm not saying this guy's story is legit but it does happen. A dude down the street from me got his g stolen like 3 weeks after mine without the key. Not everyone that owns a g is on these forums so you don't hear about things like this much.

Old 05-29-2008, 05:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my friends G got stolen like 5 months ago in shreveport LA

Old 05-29-2008, 06:27 PM
When i get the pics ill post them.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:42 PM
SIETESG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
dang my car alarm goes off three times a week at night. maybe someone is trying to steal my car.

Old 05-29-2008, 08:51 PM
WOW that sucks

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Guys, it doesn't matter if you live in a "Good Neighborhood"

Locks keep honest people honest.

Lock your doors at night and makes sure you are always aware of who is arround you.

Not to be paranoid but be aware of your surroundings.

Stay safe.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:48 PM
-2006 IP GT350-
^^ Someone has missed a good part?

Old 05-30-2008, 12:26 AM
Mine came with lo-jack. Paid $800 for a life of the car coverage.

it better freakin work if I ever need it.

Old 05-30-2008, 01:08 AM
Originally Posted by EncoreCestMoi
Mine came with lo-jack. Paid $800 for a life of the car coverage.

it better freakin work if I ever need it.

Had Lojack on my last car. Never needed it but after I got it I thought that it may have been a bad idea. Do I really want my car back after some jerkoff abused the **** out of my car and crashed or destroyed it?

Old 05-30-2008, 01:38 AM
just invest in a viper alarm system, (or just any GPS alarm system), that lets you know on a digital keyfob when and how your car is being stolen/damaged , then just sleep with your keys next to you everynight, also invest in that super loud 139 db air horn as well, besides that you can never 100% guarantee that your car will not be stolen, robbers will always find a way around things, someway somehow, just make sure you dont have an insurance company that will treat you like sheet when it happenz

Old 05-30-2008, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by darren03
Had Lojack on my last car. Never needed it but after I got it I thought that it may have been a bad idea. Do I really want my car back after some jerkoff abused the **** out of my car and crashed or destroyed it?
I'm going for the revenge thing. I want his punkass caught in the car.

Old 05-30-2008, 01:03 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
its funny how the people who post about there car being stolon only have a few posts, why would you comeon here just to say that....also funny that not one person has posted pics of any G that was stolen lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So my car got stolen last night