The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Help! Blew out side markers / Rear Lights!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2007 | 11:36 PM
hwa
|
Help! Blew out side markers / Rear Lights!

While performing a mod on my side markers, I accidentally linked the positive and negative terminals of the bulb holder together. A bright spark and half a second later, I no longer have any functionality from my side markers. Additionally, my rear lights do not light up at night, nor does my A/C console light up. I still have brake lights, when the pedal is pressed, but nothing beyond that. Can anyone share some insight as to what the problem may be and how I would go around fixing it? I already tried checking several fuses that may have been linked to the lights, but no dice. I would appreciate any help. Thanks all!

Old 06-07-2007 | 12:38 AM
check the fuse you probably just popped the fuse

Old 06-07-2007 | 12:43 AM
hwa
|
Any idea which particular fuse for these components is located? I went through the fuseboxes on the driver-side kickpanel and next to the battery and looked at the fuses where the label may have indicated these items (i.e. looked at fuses for things like "Elec. Parts" and ignored "AC Blower")

Old 06-08-2007 | 01:41 PM
Hey HWA, I did something similar this past month when I was wiring up some LEDs in the interior of my G35 coupe. Everything that you listed stopped working for me also. You basically blew a relay that controls the interior and exterior lights which the dealer charged me $550 for the part and $300 for labor to diagnose the problem and fix it. My problem was that I told the dealer about my light not working and they had blamed it on my Clifford alarm for not being wire correctly to get off the hook for fixing it under warrenty. My advice to you is to take anything that is not stock that might deal with any thing electrical off your car. Bring your car into the dealership. If you need more details just PM me.

Last edited by un33ddisshiet; 06-08-2007 at 01:50 PM.