The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Coupes Vs Sedans?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2007 | 04:38 PM
I always get good respect from people and compliments from most all car owners. Alot of people know my car b4 they know me. I had one guy im me that was from around my area saying that him and his buddies have talked about my car also saying its famous around here, that people know about it.

Alot of modd G coupes get overlooked but a modd G sedan just seems to intrest people. Just about 30min ago i had a guy in a ferrier 360 modena playing with me, flooring it past and what not. (Just wished i had my TT kit installed so i could play along) .

So in gerneral i believe that a modded G sedan gets respect from alot of people.

Old 12-27-2007 | 04:41 PM
|
Originally Posted by VQ Hotness
I always get good respect from people and compliments from most all car owners. Alot of people know my car b4 they know me. I had one guy im me that was from around my area saying that him and his buddies have talked about my car also saying its famous around here, that people know about it.

Alot of modd G coupes get overlooked but a modd G sedan just seems to intrest people. Just about 30min ago i had a guy in a ferrier 360 modena playing with me, flooring it past and what not. (Just wished i had my TT kit installed so i could play along) .

So in gerneral i believe that a modded G sedan gets respect from alot of people.
Your right on one thing, it gets way more looks when it's mod., it just looks both powerful and luxurious, where I think the coupeis sometimes overshadowed by its super aggresive look.

Old 12-27-2007 | 04:50 PM
90%+ of the sedans I see are stock and the owners are not interested in modding at all and enjoy the car as is, so I don't really think a large portion of sedan owners feel a bond towards other sedan owners, let alone coupe owners

Old 12-27-2007 | 04:57 PM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
Originally Posted by VQ Hotness

what's a ferrier?

Old 12-27-2007 | 05:33 PM
Its a type of bird

Old 12-27-2007 | 05:46 PM
no i think is french water ^.

Every time i see a coupe i admire it and such, because it is a very beautifully designed car, but there are so fu cking many of them!!!!!

on the otherhand, i saw a 350z, and that **** is so nice i would get one of those before i got a coupe.

to answer the OP, the owners of the coupe that iknow have IP ones and they are girls.

also i think that stock vs. stock the sedan will win in a race, thats from what i heard.

Old 12-27-2007 | 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by 617G
what's a ferrier?
It’s a fuchsia mini cooper... a little gayer than most

Old 12-27-2007 | 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by 93 til Infiniti
Speaking on the behalf of the NorCal G's from Northern Cali, we have no funk whatsoever. Some coupe owners actually dig the fact that I have a fixed up Sedan since we are much more rare. Coupes are everywhere but the few of us Sedan owners get the thumbs up. Granted it takes a little more to get the attention AWAY FROM coupes but For us here in the BAY, a G is a G whether its 4 or 2 doors.
Well said Rol I agree 100%

Originally Posted by 3Point5Sedan
Cool, I'm from Boston, we got tons of G's here also, I don't know one person with a coupe, only friends that I have that own a G own sedans, so I was just curious. But ya I hear ya some guy's I think do think their the **** or were not on the same level. Personally we have a lot more canvas to work with and alot more mods avaiable. WHEN A 4 DOORS Dropped, IT looks SICK!!!!!!!!!!! Like the Titanic or suttin
Not true my fellow sedaner. Coupes have ALOT more mods and selection available than us sedans.

Originally Posted by redlude97
90%+ of the sedans I see are stock and the owners are not interested in modding at all and enjoy the car as is, so I don't really think a large portion of sedan owners feel a bond towards other sedan owners, let alone coupe owners
Very true. At least from my experience. I will get a look from a coupe owner before I do a sedan owner. Most I see are non-modded so I stick out like a sore thum

Old 12-27-2007 | 09:28 PM
Walking The Fine Line...
Staff Alumni
Premier Member
I DGAF either way. There are cool folks on both sides of the fence.

Old 12-27-2007 | 10:58 PM
I met some coupe guys at the last BBQ, I drove down with 5 coupes, they were all cool though and wouldn't mind rolling with them again at the next meet. Sadly I was the only sedan rolling with them.

Old 12-28-2007 | 12:02 AM
-MN G Crew-
Staff Alumni
Premier Member
Im gonna be the first to say it, when i go into the pic form and open up a thread, and see its a coupe, i immediatly leave...

I like the sedans a lot more and i like it a ton when i see a modded sedan. IMO, you gotta have more ***** to drive a sedan, because coupe owners and their massive egos just dont get it 4Door>2door.

lol jk.

But seriously, i love the sedan.

Old 12-28-2007 | 12:26 AM
I dig the sedan because I can rip past cops and they don't even blink. I'd like to see a coupe try that. The coupe looks way better IMO but 4dr works the best for the type of driving that I do.

Oh and about whether there is any animosity toward sedan or coupes, I have yet to meet anybody with either in my area. I keep seeing cars of both varieties but they are always some middle-aged person driving them.

Old 12-28-2007 | 12:30 AM
-MN G Crew-
Staff Alumni
Premier Member
Originally Posted by Number1Gsxxr
I dig the sedan because I can rip past cops and they don't even blink. I'd like to see a coupe try that. The coupe looks way better IMO but 4dr works the best for the type of driving that I do.

Oh and about whether there is any animosity toward sedan or coupes, I have yet to meet anybody with either in my area. I keep seeing cars of both varieties but they are always some middle-aged person driving them.
I dont like the backends of Coupes... they just look, awkward. The bumper is almost to big.

I think the back of the sedan looks a lot nicer, imo.

Old 12-28-2007 | 01:11 AM
Originally Posted by WannabeSport
I dont like the backends of Coupes... they just look, awkward. The bumper is almost to big.

I think the back of the sedan looks a lot nicer, imo.
Funny how opinions vary... I was on my way up to Tahoe a couple weeks ago, climbing through the Sierra Nevada mountains, when I stopped at a gas station and some guy in an Acura TL tells me " I would have bought the G35, but I don't like the looks of the back end ". I said "Really? Well that's too bad, because when we get back on this mountain road here, that's all your ever gonna see of this G35 ". He hung with me through 5-6 turns, but then his tires just went away ... (and he never did have the brakes)

Last edited by dbarnes; 12-28-2007 at 01:18 AM.
Old 12-28-2007 | 01:54 AM
Originally Posted by 3Point5Sedan
Ok cool, personally I love my Sedan, wouldn't trade it for anything, just cause its the first car I've had that I've become a fan of, it's like this car's alive, CAN ANYONE RELATE???
yeh i feel that same way...i got a G35 03 4DR...it was my first car n its amazing it handles n performs like a dream and tunig it and all the potential it has is just awesome n plus it looks great

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Coupes Vs Sedans?