The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Winshield Glare '08 G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 10:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Winshield Glare '08 G35

Please help, I just picked up my '08 G35 and during the day there is a horrible glare on the driver side windshield. Directly in the driver's line of sight is a reflection of the instrument panel (half moon shape) and the center speaker. I have cleaned the windows with Windex multiple times, however it actually just s makes the reflection that much clearer.Has anyone else experienced this issue? What has anyone done to resolve this problem? It almost makes the car unable to be driven in daylight. It appears that the windshield is way too close to the dashboard, which is causing this glare/reflection.

Old 01-06-2008, 10:00 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by G35Pennsylvania
Please help, I just picked up my '08 G35 and during the day there is a horrible glare on the driver side windshield. Directly in the driver's line of sight is a reflection of the instrument panel (half moon shape) and the center speaker. I have cleaned the windows with Windex multiple times, however it actually just s makes the reflection that much clearer.Has anyone else experienced this issue? What has anyone done to resolve this problem? It almost makes the car unable to be driven in daylight. It appears that the windshield is way too close to the dashboard, which is causing this glare/reflection.
Kinda sounds like the dealer cleaned / treated the dash with something shiny (e.g. ArmorAll)? I get some glare when the sun is in the right spot, but it's mildly annoying at best.

Maybe get some low-gloss cleaner and wipe down the dash?

Old 01-30-2009, 06:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got a new '08 G35x and I noticed the same problem (maybe not as bad).
It appears that the half-moon reflection is only significant on the wheat interior.
Maybe there is a dash mat or a color-matched gasket to fit the space between dash and instrument module.

Anyone know?

Tom