The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Stealership BS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 01:47 PM
Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Stealership BS - Glendale Infiniti officially BLOWS!

So I called Glendale Infiniti (CA) this morning to make an appt to run a diagnostic check on my car because the check engine light is on. The service rep said that my car would need to be held for 24 hrs no matter what the results were. WTH?! He said it was for safety purposes and could not elaborate. Anyone ever experience this BS? I can't see why this would need to be done to just check a code. I called another dealership and they weren't aware of any 24 hr hold time.

Last edited by irishsig; 03-03-2008 at 04:59 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:53 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
hmmm, well my aunt just got her tires replaced and her 15k mile service done there last week and she had a horrible experience with them, when i went there before the guy the helped me was really cool, but he doesn't work there anymore...my service engine soon light is on and i wanna see wtf it is but i dont wanna have to go to the dealership and be charged for some BS

Old 02-21-2008, 02:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dropped my car off at 7:30 am, had a major service done (TSB for clutch, which involves removing the transmission) and picked it up that afternoon. Then again, I'm not in Cali...

I could see not giving it back to you if the code was serious, but without running it how could they say that? Did they at least offer you a loaner? Maybe they're doing that to keep people from coming and having the codes read frequently...

Have you put the car in diag mode and looked at the error yourself yet?

Old 02-21-2008, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by adamr001
I dropped my car off at 7:30 am, had a major service done (TSB for clutch, which involves removing the transmission) and picked it up that afternoon. Then again, I'm not in Cali...

I could see not giving it back to you if the code was serious, but without running it how could they say that? Did they at least offer you a loaner? Maybe they're doing that to keep people from coming and having the codes read frequently...

Have you put the car in diag mode and looked at the error yourself yet?
I was thinking about going to auto zone and doing it myself. Apparently you can put down a refundable deposit for the device to run the diagnostic, but I'm not familiar with how to do it. They did say a loaner would be available after I asked of course.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:15 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
You can get it done for free at Autozone - they'll do it for you.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:10 PM
If they give you a loaner, why does it matter?

Old 02-22-2008, 12:12 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by irishsig
So I called Glendale Infiniti (CA) this morning to make an appt to run a diagnostic check on my car because the check engine light is on. The service rep said that my car would need to be held for 24 hrs no matter what the results were. WTH?! He said it was for safety purposes and could not elaborate. Anyone ever experience this BS? I can't see why this would need to be done to just check a code. I called another dealership and they weren't aware of any 24 hr hold time.
Autozone will loan you a tool to see what the code is for for free. (you leave your license with them).

Or, bring it out here to Riverside; our shop is mod-friendly, and we have quite a few guys driving 30+ miles to come specifically to us.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by fbw5595
If they give you a loaner, why does it matter?
It just sounded fishy to me so I wasn't sure if I wanted to leave my car with them or take it to another dealership. I actually went there after work and spoke to another rep and he said that was something he had never heard of before so I guess I'll be leaving my car with them on Monday.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by Mike@RiversideInfiniti
Autozone will loan you a tool to see what the code is for for free. (you leave your license with them).

Or, bring it out here to Riverside; our shop is mod-friendly, and we have quite a few guys driving 30+ miles to come specifically to us.
Thanks Mike. I've actaully heard a lot of good stuff about you and your dealership. I'll probably be coming out there for my 1st major service. I'm only at 13k right now.

Old 03-01-2008, 12:45 AM
Glendale worst dealer ever

Do not take it to Glendale Infiniti. I had a big problem getting some warranty work done on my car.

The tranny was shifting funny getting into gear, and they blamed it on my clutch. They said I would have to pay to get it fixed. If it was my clutch, there should have been a problem with every gear.

Also, they would not even give me a rental car even though they were going to keep my car over a couple of days to get some other work done. I asked them to get a rental car since they did not have one at their dealership, and they refused.

Next thing I know, I see mechanic pull up a rental car for some guy getting a 30,000 mile. I asked why some customers get treated better than other ones, and he gave me the run around about customers paying get better service.

I ended up arguing with the service manager. He eventually offered me a rental car from Enterprise rental car but started saying that I was too cheap to pay for a rental. I ended up taking my car out of the dealership and took it to another dealer.

Do you take your car there. The service managers are a pain to work with. The mechanic even told me how the managers are an a$$.

Old 03-01-2008, 10:59 AM
Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
That's pretty pathetic^^ and gives a bad rep to Infiniti dealers all over. I think the loaners are a courtesy service and not mandatory. Ours always asks if one is needed when you call to set the appt.
Any service mgr who treats customers that way should be reported as they lose return business for that dealer (just as you described). I think corporate will take your complaint seriously.

Old 03-01-2008, 12:37 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Yes, loaners are technically somethign the DEALER does, and not required by Infiniti. Everyone takes them for granted =(

We do have a fleet of 30 loaners, so if possible, we will give you one here, but typically they are reserved for customers coming in for a major service, or any work that takes more than an hour.

Old 03-01-2008, 12:54 PM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Purchased my G from Glendale but....

I've only had my G at an Infiniti dealership once since I purchased it from
Glendale Infiniti....brake pads and seatbelt retractor. All the B.S. we hear
about the stealerships makes you want to take it elsewhere....other than
Riverside Infiniti! If it's not warranty work we can always go to Nissan if
you know one you trust....I do! (sort of haha) Example: tranny drain/refill
at Infiniti $300 but at Nissan less than a block away $175. When asked
what the difference was the parts manager at Infiniti said, "We use better
quality trans fluid!" Who do you trust....No One!!

Old 03-02-2008, 07:00 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
i have heard quite a few members say negative things about Glendale Infiniti...

Old 03-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Update to the BS: I left my car with them for the day and they gave me a crappy 05' sedan loaner. I'm not saying the 05' sedans are crappy, just the one they gave me was. It literally smelled like skunk inside and the whole passenger side interior pillar had a huge strip of what looked like white duct tape to cover something up. Very ghetto. I was in too much of a hurry to notice at the moment.

Long story short I told the service rep to call me before any work was to be done and that I did not want anything extra done to my car ( like replacing of 06' headlights). 6 hours later I call him and apparently they had not even touched the car, WTF!? And they were also planning on replacing the headlights without informing me. After I cracked the whip; an hour later he calls me back and mentions that the check engine light was on because the gas temp sensor was malfunctioning and it would need to be replaced. In order to get to the sensor they had to remove my back seat.

They wanted to keep the car for another full day until the part came in. I was tired of their (un)professionalism and inefficiency so I told him to put my ride back together because I was picking it up ASAP. I think I'll be going to Metro Infiniti where I bought the car. Oh and by the way the check engine light has not come back on. Yah, Glendale Infiniti BLOWS!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stealership BS