The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Stealership BS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 06:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Beebo
i have heard quite a few members say negative things about Glendale Infiniti...
I never buy any vehicles from Glendale. Years ago we found the Honda dealership very arogant, Acura the same way and also said that I couldn't get an Acura for less than they quoted. I came back the same day with the car for a few thousand less. Glendale is okay to look but not to purchase. I don't know what it is, smog or smug, I don't know.

Old 03-05-2008, 11:46 AM
Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by bcgreen
I never buy any vehicles from Glendale. Years ago we found the Honda dealership very arogant, Acura the same way and also said that I couldn't get an Acura for less than they quoted. I came back the same day with the car for a few thousand less. Glendale is okay to look but not to purchase. I don't know what it is, smog or smug, I don't know.
I have lived in Glendale for a few years now and have found that the culture of the Armenian people is somewhat abrasive. Glendale is largely Armenian now. They can come across as rude. Don't get me wrong I have Armenian friends but even they admit that their own people can come across as too pushy and rude. I actually need to get away sometimes to see my buddies down in OC and El Segundo where people in the neighborhood actaully smile and say hello.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:22 PM
They told you that because if you disconnect the battery for 24 straight hours it resets EVERYTHING in the car. They figured they would do that and see if the CEL came back on and charge you $1,000,000 for some bull**** that wasnt even the problem.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Sounds like bs. Try another dealership.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by VG35
They told you that because if you disconnect the battery for 24 straight hours it resets EVERYTHING in the car. They figured they would do that and see if the CEL came back on and charge you $1,000,000 for some bull**** that wasnt even the problem.
Very good point... that's probably exactly what they were planning.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by irishsig
I think I'll be going to Metro Infiniti where I bought the car. Oh and by the way the check engine light has not come back on. Yah, Glendale Infiniti BLOWS!

I just want to let you know Metro is the dealership that damaged my wheels and wouldn't cover for it. Their service manager lied to me about some things and just tried to get rid of me when I brought it to their attention. I'm not sure if its the same service manager after a few years but i know his last name was Martinez. He stated that we never use wheel cleaner to clean wheels, when the sales manager said they did. He also said they can't use wheel cleaner on the factory wheels per a TSB, when the TSB actually said if you use chrome cleaner on the factory wheels it will stain. Their service writers were always good though.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Yeah, I thought I would give them one more chance, should have known better. This is why I drove 20 min down the 210 to Metro Infiniti to buy my G. Even though Glendale Infiniti is 4 blocks away from me.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by EvolutionGSR
I just want to let you know Metro is the dealership that damaged my wheels and wouldn't cover for it. Their service manager lied to me about some things and just tried to get rid of me when I brought it to their attention. I'm not sure if its the same service manager after a few years but i know his last name was Martinez. He stated that we never use wheel cleaner to clean wheels, when the sales manager said they did. He also said they can't use wheel cleaner on the factory wheels per a TSB, when the TSB actually said if you use chrome cleaner on the factory wheels it will stain. Their service writers were always good though.
Crap, where to go now? Well for now the check engine light has not come back on so maybe I won't need to worry about it. Knock on wood.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:37 PM
Crap, where to go now? Well for now the check engine light has not come back on so maybe I won't need to worry about it. Knock on wood.
Thats what I'm saying. Wait you're the guy who works upstairs from me right? Upstairs from the bank or something?

Yah so my choices were Glendale and Metro too...go one way or the other. I'm out of warranty now so, I probably will just be going to a nissan dealership for any service I need.

Old 03-05-2008, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by EvolutionGSR
Thats what I'm saying. Wait you're the guy who works upstairs from me right? Upstairs from the bank or something?

Yah so my choices were Glendale and Metro too...go one way or the other. I'm out of warranty now so, I probably will just be going to a nissan dealership for any service I need.
Yup, thats me. Yeah, unless I have any more probs I will only be going to the dealership for the major service. I got my own guy I go to for oil changes.

By the way are you on coilovers or just springs? I'm looking for a good place locally to install coilovers.

Old 03-05-2008, 03:21 PM
Yup, thats me. Yeah, unless I have any more probs I will only be going to the dealership for the major service. I got my own guy I go to for oil changes.

By the way are you on coilovers or just springs? I'm looking for a good place locally to install coilovers.

I'm on coilovers. Streetimage did the install in baldwin park back when dru was still there. They did good work.