The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Door locking by itself?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 03:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Door locking by itself?

So the other day...i went into the gas station to buy a pack of cigarettes while leaving the car on right beside me. ( 2 mins later) I came out to open my driver side door, and it was locked!! It has never happened before and I thought the car doesnt lock automatically...especially with the car on. So im locked out of my car and luckily I had my brother come down a couple blocks with my spare. Has anyone ever had this problem?? I've heard of doors not locking and unlocking but for it to lock by itself? Is it a warning to tell me something? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 04-21-2008, 03:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know that if you unlock the car and then don't open the door (after a minute, I believe) that the car will automatically lock itself.

I've never heard of a G automatically locking while running... I'm surprised this happened. Try duplicating this in your spare time when you have an extra set of keys handy.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:49 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by g35 fish
So the other day...i went into the gas station to buy a pack of cigarettes while leaving the car on right beside me. ( 2 mins later) I came out to open my driver side door, and it was locked!! It has never happened before and I thought the car doesnt lock automatically...especially with the car on. So im locked out of my car and luckily I had my brother come down a couple blocks with my spare. Has anyone ever had this problem?? I've heard of doors not locking and unlocking but for it to lock by itself? Is it a warning to tell me something? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
this has happen to me while getting gas... but my G's off and window down... i never knoew the car locked while on... it never does with me anyway

Old 04-22-2008, 12:05 AM
It happened to me to. When I start the car the its on Park. And i stay there looking for some stuff in my car. then it locks by itself.... it happens all the time!! So now, as soon as i start the car, i put it in Drive right away... so it won't lock....

It may be your alarm system as well .. i got a viper alarm system.

I was working on my car, so I unlock the car, open the truck, left it open .. work on my car .. lonnnggg minutes later .. it locks it self ... I even tried to let the door open .. and it still try to lock after a long while .... crazy stuff

Old 04-22-2008, 05:42 AM
Originally Posted by GoDaddy
It happened to me to. When I start the car the its on Park. And i stay there looking for some stuff in my car. then it locks by itself.... it happens all the time!! So now, as soon as i start the car, i put it in Drive right away... so it won't lock....

It may be your alarm system as well .. i got a viper alarm system.

I was working on my car, so I unlock the car, open the truck, left it open .. work on my car .. lonnnggg minutes later .. it locks it self ... I even tried to let the door open .. and it still try to lock after a long while .... crazy stuff

yea..i got a stock alarm and a 6mt.

anyone else know what else that could be wrong? only happened once and I dont wan't it to happen again.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:41 AM
on my 06 intelliKey if i unlock with the fob and walk away it will lock by itself, but the car was off!

Old 04-22-2008, 12:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have an 03, went to buy gas, unlocked the car, got out, put the keys in my pocket, by the time I finished filling up ($70 worth) the car was locked. I never noticed it before but I also have never let my tank get that low so I have never spent that much time buying gas.

Old 04-25-2008, 04:36 PM
i had this same thing happen to me, when i bought my 05. and with a little bit of thinking, i figured out that with the way the door latch, and the lock are positioned in on the door, that when you open the door in a hurry, all it takes is a knuckle to hit the lock, and you will lock it, while you are opening the door to get out. Try it out, in slow motion, and you will see what i mean. once i figured out that out, i have not had the issue again.