Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
oh... in that case...

WGAF????

Old 06-21-2008, 03:28 AM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
oh... in that case...

WGAF????
Hmmm I think everyone here does, that's why we try to extract MORE POWER from our in class average rated sedans and coups.

Old 06-21-2008, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by gtbigup01
Hmmm I think everyone here does, that's why we try to extract MORE POWER from our in class average rated sedans and coups.
hmmm... I don’t know anything about getting more power about an AT sedan... I've heard they are just slugs Maybe I should read more about 0-60 shifts…

but how do you know I was wgaf-ing OP post, or the 16 wgaf posts?

Old 06-21-2008, 11:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He really drives pickup

Thanks for the great response Hillrod, you can go back to your Springer show now lol

Old 06-21-2008, 11:21 AM
who's Hillrod?

If you’re miffed because I said I heard sedans are slugs - well, that’s what I've heard... I mean really, how could an AT sedan ever be fast?

I've heard of a couple beating MT coupes, but I've always thought that was urban legends...

BTW - your first post
Originally Posted by Monstermash
Are 0-60 time ratings on automatics done w/o shifting?
If not, what are achievable 0-60 times when one shifts?
When I slam through manually, it's FAST. Seems a lot faster than
6.2 seconds.
I wasn’t aware the automatic could get to 60 without shifting… I mean, in full auto it shifts much lower than that right? And in manual mode you redline in first gear by then right?… so how are you getting to 60 without shifting?

Anyway, I wasn’t aware that AT sedans were so interested in performance … sorry if that bothers you

Old 06-21-2008, 03:10 PM
who's Hillrod?

If you’re miffed because I said I heard sedans are slugs - well, that’s what I've heard... I mean really, how could an AT sedan ever be fast?

I've heard of a couple beating MT coupes, but I've always thought that was urban legends...

BTW - your first post

I wasn’t aware the automatic could get to 60 without shifting… I mean, in full auto it shifts much lower than that right? And in manual mode you redline in first gear by then right?… so how are you getting to 60 without shifting?

Anyway, I wasn’t aware that AT sedans were so interested in performance … sorry if that bothers you
Obviously you've never seen TTRANKS sedan garenteed to slap that grin right off your face and wish you never talked down about sedans DA. Which equals DumbA$$ if you were wondering

Old 06-21-2008, 03:18 PM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
who's Hillrod?

BTW - your first post

OCG i hope you are feigning ignorance to make him realize his grammatical incorrectness.. he meant , "without shifting using the manual shift option on the AT's"

Old 06-21-2008, 03:44 PM
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
actually, geewillikers, lots of people gaf. its what makes people get g35's and not a comfy camry. i see you post on all these threads about how you don't care what car is faster than another, but lots of people do care. furthermore, they should be allowed to post without being ridiculed if their posts dont do any harm.

i understand that this kind of thing may be, in your opinion, immature and useless, and it is the same to me to a degree. but, i don't agree that you pounce on everyone who asks a simple question about how to make their cars perform better or quicker than another.

Old 06-21-2008, 04:49 PM
Thanks for being the voice of reason; quite frankly I'm surprised that some posters asks such , well, stupid questions. Statements "I heard sedans are slugs" dont personally bother me, the fact that someone on this post actually says them, does.
I love all the G's and know the specs, as a G lover should. Anyone that says "I heard sedans are slugs" should be banned from this forum and receive a lifetime membership to a Kia forum.
But back to my original question, which has yet to be answered --
In my 2003 G35 sedan, w/ 5-speed automatic transmission, when I shift in manual mode, it ROCKS ! Just wondering if there are any documented times for 0-60 and quarter miles when shifting in manual mode.
Stated 0-60 times in automatics run 5.7 - 6.2 ; in manual mode shifting, thius has got to shave off at least a second.

Old 06-21-2008, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by Pearl_White
Obviously you've never seen TTRANKS sedan garenteed to slap that grin right off your face and wish you never talked down about sedans DA. Which equals DumbA$$ if you were wondering
ttrank?... hmmm no Ive never seen it... I guess I should check into that one too...

Old 06-21-2008, 05:21 PM
Received 124 Likes on 109 Posts
5AT checking in!!!!! um we can go fast too you know!!!!!!! And manumatic mode shifting gets you to 60 faster than Auto mode

Old 06-21-2008, 05:28 PM
okay...

Clearly no one understands the f-ing sarcasm ...

Monstermash and Pearl White! I AM an AT Sedan you turds!!!! And f-you for your sh!tty comments to me regardless of whether I was kidding or not!

Yes I know of Tim’s (ttrank) car - I've ridden in it!

I drag race my AT sedan so I am all too familiar with what you are feebly trying to say and ask... But its very clear you havent taken any time to read out here!!!!

To answer your initial question - yes manual shifting will generally be faster... you can max out rmp and keep in the power band... if you have a tune it is more benefit... Some (very few) seem to think launching in manumatic then shifting into 2nd and throwing it in full auto is the best method at the track - but I've dome various runs with different attempts in full auto, MM then Auto... and have found that manual shifts result in quickest ET and acceleration.

I have 3.7 final drive gears and MM seems to allow for better use of the shorter gearing.

Sorry you were the butt of my joke - I didn’t realize you haven’t read any threads that would make it clear that I was kidding... But your amazing realization is basically common sense to any of us with AT.

BTW - I'm all about AT and sedan... it fun to smoke MT coupes!

Last edited by OCG35; 06-21-2008 at 07:21 PM.
Old 06-21-2008, 05:33 PM
LOL I love this site......now can I say WGAF??? J/Klol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: 0-60 times