The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Nissan confirms G37 Sedan, G37 Convertible and G37x Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 08:43 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
G37x coupe can only be purchased as a AT, not an MT. There will also be a 7AT option as well.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:14 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm gonna have to trade the good ole 03 for a new one!!!

Old 08-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm won't buy a first-year model either. This is one reason...

Old 08-06-2008, 10:34 PM
Received 222 Likes on 155 Posts
Do you think they will have a 7 A/T G37X convertable coupe? I'd totally get one if they offered all this together.

Old 08-06-2008, 11:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So why does the sedan get ripped off of 2 ponies?

Old 08-07-2008, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by pattyskin
Do you think they will have a 7 A/T G37X convertable coupe? I'd totally get one if they offered all this together.

This would be a VERY heavy car though...
AWD are typically heavier...so are convertibles (especially hardtop). So it would definitely be about cruising.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:39 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by wyldfyer
THIS is why I never buy the FIRST model year, lol....they always improve it within year 2 or 3. This comes out NEXT month.
You could be playing that game forever though. There are always continuous improvements and refreshes in the automotive industry. You can bet that this G37 Sedan will see improvements within the next 2-3 years as well. At some point you just need to jump in, buy it and enjoy it.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:03 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Every AT will be the 7 speed. It is standard, not an option. Maybe its time to replace my 04X...

Old 08-07-2008, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
You could be playing that game forever though. There are always continuous improvements and refreshes in the automotive industry. You can bet that this G37 Sedan will see improvements within the next 2-3 years as well. At some point you just need to jump in, buy it and enjoy it.

Well there's only ONE "First year" model. Everything else is 2nd year, 3rd year, 4th year...etc. I never buy FIRST Year.

Old 08-07-2008, 01:55 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by wyldfyer
Well there's only ONE "First year" model. Everything else is 2nd year, 3rd year, 4th year...etc. I never buy FIRST Year.
You missed my point entirely.........but that's okay.

Old 08-07-2008, 01:58 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
G37 Convertible hmmm... i hope its a hard top

Old 08-07-2008, 02:18 PM
I played my cards right.
I was going to get a 2008 G37, but at the time I read about the top end ones, they didn’t have a sunroof option (at least not online or in the brochure). Also, since my 05 was only 3 years old and paid for I couldn’t justify getting it. Visually the change wasn’t enough for me.

I then told myself, If they come out with a AWD / AWS model id get it. Well they just answered my calls, lol.

I was getting service work done 7 weeks ago and strolled thru the showroom checking out the 08’s. I had the dumbest sales guy walk over to me and tell me so much wrong information. Anyway I said im just going to wait to see if they are going to come out with a AWD coupe. He swore on his life that there isn’t one coming out. If it was he would know before I would and for 2009 there are no changes to the coupe since it was new in 08.

That’s why I never trust those guys…
I’m glad I stuck to my guns. So now I want to price out a fully loaded performance model in all black and AWD.

I was debating about going back to a 6 speed, but I guess that’s not an option now.

Nice find, I saw it on the torque report this morning.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:32 PM
Oh I ment to ask...
If you have a AWD car, can you put on staggered rims?
I have chrome factories now, but I damn near paid what after markets cost.

So if i got a 2009, I thought about just getting some after market rims vs chroming facs.

Anyone know?

Old 08-07-2008, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by vonstallin
I played my cards right.
I was going to get a 2008 G37, but at the time I read about the top end ones, they didn’t have a sunroof option (at least not online or in the brochure). Also, since my 05 was only 3 years old and paid for I couldn’t justify getting it. Visually the change wasn’t enough for me.

I then told myself, If they come out with a AWD / AWS model id get it. Well they just answered my calls, lol.

I was getting service work done 7 weeks ago and strolled thru the showroom checking out the 08’s. I had the dumbest sales guy walk over to me and tell me so much wrong information. Anyway I said im just going to wait to see if they are going to come out with a AWD coupe. He swore on his life that there isn’t one coming out. If it was he would know before I would and for 2009 there are no changes to the coupe since it was new in 08.

That’s why I never trust those guys…
I’m glad I stuck to my guns. So now I want to price out a fully loaded performance model in all black and AWD.

I was debating about going back to a 6 speed, but I guess that’s not an option now.

Nice find, I saw it on the torque report this morning.

PLEASE go back to that same salesmen as soon as the car comes out. Tell him what you already told him. And then ask someone ELSE for help with the papers, lol.

Old 08-07-2008, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
You missed my point entirely.........but that's okay.

No I got your point, bro. It was just more so for a person that says, "Oh I want a G37 but everytime I go to buy, they add upgrades the next year so I'm scared to buy it for fear of missing out on the upgrades next year".LOL

I'm just talking about when they introduce a new model. Remember now that MY opinion is going to be largely based on MY experience. So in my experience, they usually upgrade, correct, fix, increase things on the introductory model (year 1) within year 2 and sometimes 3(depending on how they sell). And even if no one else does, Nissan does with our car. That's their pattern so far.

So when you said, "You could be playing that game forever though" I think you missed MY point because THAT game is not what I was describing. You can only introduce a car for the first time, ONCE. I NEVER buy the first run unless its a limited edition.

But yeah you are correct. They are always upgrading.

Last edited by wyldfyer; 08-07-2008 at 02:57 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nissan confirms G37 Sedan, G37 Convertible and G37x Coupe