G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Nissan confirms G37 Sedan, G37 Convertible and G37x Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 04:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vonstallin
Oh I ment to ask...
If you have a AWD car, can you put on staggered rims?
I have chrome factories now, but I damn near paid what after markets cost.

So if i got a 2009, I thought about just getting some after market rims vs chroming facs.

Anyone know?

Yes you can get staggered but you have to be VERY careful and calculated. Pretty much every Porsche is staggered, even though the 911S4 has staggered wheels, its AWD. It all depends on if its 40% front, 60% rear. The best thing to do is keep the rolling diameter the same and you are safe.

Last edited by wyldfyer; 08-07-2008 at 04:18 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 04:20 PM
if the price is right and it looks good i'm gonna probably trade in the 04' for a g37 convertible lol

Old 08-07-2008, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by wyldfyer
Yes you can get staggered but you have to be VERY careful and calculated. Pretty much every Porsche is staggered, even though the 911S4 has staggered wheels, its AWD. It all depends on if its 40% front, 60% rear. The best thing to do is keep the rolling diameter the same and you are safe.
Hmmmm,

I wonder if they are going to make the AWD model more of a "Foul Weather" coupe or a killer car like the GT-R?

I have a feeling that the G is not going to be staggered. I just hope you get the larger rim option in a performance package. (8.5 vs 8.0)

GT-R rim size is
20x9.5 f
20x10.5 r

So its staggered with up to 50% to the front.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:55 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I played my cards right.
I was going to get a 2008 G37, but at the time I read about the top end ones, they didn’t have a sunroof option (at least not online or in the brochure). Also, since my 05 was only 3 years old and paid for I couldn’t justify getting it. Visually the change wasn’t enough for me.

I then told myself, If they come out with a AWD / AWS model id get it. Well they just answered my calls, lol.

I was getting service work done 7 weeks ago and strolled thru the showroom checking out the 08’s. I had the dumbest sales guy walk over to me and tell me so much wrong information. Anyway I said im just going to wait to see if they are going to come out with a AWD coupe. He swore on his life that there isn’t one coming out. If it was he would know before I would and for 2009 there are no changes to the coupe since it was new in 08.

That’s why I never trust those guys…
I’m glad I stuck to my guns. So now I want to price out a fully loaded performance model in all black and AWD.

I was debating about going back to a 6 speed, but I guess that’s not an option now.

Nice find, I saw it on the torque report this morning.
That sales guy was only interested in "con"vincing you to purchase something off of his lot that day. Plain and simple.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:00 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
You could be playing that game forever though. There are always continuous improvements and refreshes in the automotive industry. You can bet that this G37 Sedan will see improvements within the next 2-3 years as well. At some point you just need to jump in, buy it and enjoy it.
Actually, there were more "bang for your buck" options between the '05 and the '04 coupes than anywhere else in the G coupe lineup. For the '05 model, you got an extra 12hp, an MP3 player, lit steering wheel controls, nicer trim interior, 19" rims, nicer seats, and steering wheel, upgraded gauges, bigger navigation screen, and you only lost the Brembo brakes, which you could've added after point of sale. I bought the '04 only because I was at lease end on my previous car and I was being told that the '05 coupe wouldn't be introduced until early spring '05. Sheeesh...

'06 got you projector headlights, redesigned tail lights, keyless entry, and bluetooth. '07 was a carry over from the '06.

On this deal, I think I am going to keep my '04 coupe one more year and purchase the '10 model. I bet they will offer the MT and AWD option along with some other goodies (it will be the 3rd year production model of the G37.)

Old 08-10-2008, 02:20 AM
Did I hear Coupe with AWD?? I'm in heaven!!! I just wet my pants!

-E

Old 08-10-2008, 02:15 PM
THIS is why I never buy the FIRST model year, lol....they always improve it within year 2 or 3. This comes out NEXT month.

Posted Aug 6th 2008 11:56AM by Michael Harley

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/08/06/n...nd-g37x-coupe/
yeah, but in 2-3 years there will be a complete generation change

Old 08-10-2008, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by supastar1568
yeah, but in 2-3 years there will be a complete generation change

You have a reference backing that up?

Anyways, Im not buying a G37 at all. I'm not going G-ANYTHING with my next purchase. Nissan is underachieving right now...with exception to the GTR. Not feeling the direction that they are going in.

Old 08-11-2008, 09:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmmmm,

I wonder if they are going to make the AWD model more of a "Foul Weather" coupe or a killer car like the GT-R?

I have a feeling that the G is not going to be staggered. I just hope you get the larger rim option in a performance package. (8.5 vs 8.0)

GT-R rim size is
20x9.5 f
20x10.5 r

So its staggered with up to 50% to the front.
there was another thread that showed which options were going to be available with each trim. the AWD model won't have a performance package as an option. bmw does the same thing with their coupe.. and was one of the reasons i picked up the convertible instead.

Old 08-11-2008, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by giddyup69
there was another thread that showed which options were going to be available with each trim. the AWD model won't have a performance package as an option. bmw does the same thing with their coupe.. and was one of the reasons i picked up the convertible instead.

Who needs a performance package if you are just going to put your own wheels, etc on it, lol.

Old 08-11-2008, 01:55 PM
Who needs a performance package if you are just going to put your own wheels, etc on it, lol.
Stiffer suspension, bigger rotors and a bunch of other stuff. More than just rims.

I know me tho...
I dont like changing what works so I can see me just getting the factory stockers chromed up again. Black on Black with Chrome rims give it a luxury classy look yet still sporty.

It sucks ***** if they dont offer a performance package. I dont want the G coupe for winter use...thats why i have a frontier 4.

Im lost.
Again why even offer a AWD on the coupe if its not for performance?

How many folks drive the coupe thru snow and ice?

Old 08-11-2008, 02:15 PM
Stiffer suspension, bigger rotors and a bunch of other stuff. More than just rims.

I know me tho...
I dont like changing what works so I can see me just getting the factory stockers chromed up again. Black on Black with Chrome rims give it a luxury classy look yet still sporty.

It sucks ***** if they dont offer a performance package. I dont want the G coupe for winter use...thats why i have a frontier 4.

Im lost.
Again why even offer a AWD on the coupe if its not for performance?

How many folks drive the coupe thru snow and ice?

Yeah I know its much more as far as performance but I stopped myself short of listing the usual stuff like anything suspension related because I PERSONALLY wouldnt mess with the suspension on an AWD car. You can mess stuff up. Ironically, AWD usually sit a little higher.

The AWD will be an upgrade on performance though by itself. Im just wondering if they are going to up the horsepower since more will be lost at the crank with an extra drivetrain.

Hey at least the posers will actually be closer to really being a GTR, LMBO!!!

Old 08-11-2008, 05:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
hard top convertible will be nice for those that want the convertible. i wouldn't have even considered it, but seeing it as a hard top... maybe