The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

thinking about getting a G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 06:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thinking about getting a G

so i've been into cars for some time. Now it's more of bikes ie, CBR1000rr's Now i want a luxury sports car since the bike is all the speed i need and more. I'll still prolly do several small things to the car but i'll keep it minimal and save my crazy **** for the bike.

So i'm looking at 06 Coupe, Black and Manual which is a BITCH to find, omg. Not to mention finding them at a decent price, or at least in the middle of US, Kansas(or any states nearby) I mainly want the 06 because of the Smart key. I think it's bad *** -EDIT guess the smart key isn't available in the 6sp, well hell i'll have to rethink my wants and needs lol

so mainly just saying HI to everyone and wondering if there's anything i'd need to know about these cars. I've read the whole thread about what everyone hates about their G and they seem to make noises and go through tires pretty quick.

I can deal with that anything else i'd need a heads up on?

Last edited by empyrials; 10-16-2008 at 07:15 PM.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:08 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Smart Key is not available with the 6MT coupes, only on the 5AT.

Sorry to burst your bubble...

Old 10-16-2008, 07:13 PM
o.... well ****. that sucks

thanks for the info. stuff like that is what i need to know that i've not seem to found on here LOL

Old 10-16-2008, 08:17 PM
haha i'd rather have a 6MT and no smart key than a smart key and have to drive auto :P

Old 10-16-2008, 09:27 PM
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
A technology company is working on intergrating the smart key into the 6MT, I think they're pretty close.

Also, some 6MT 05+ have oil consumption problems. And the tires are used up so quickly because the stock ones have a ****ty wear time, other ones are good though as long as you don't floor it everywhere and drift (which a lot of people do anyway). There are some rattles like there are in every car, but almost all of them are fixable.

How much are you looking to spend?

Old 10-16-2008, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by uf20wop
haha i'd rather have a 6MT and no smart key than a smart key and have to drive auto :P
totally agree which is why i edited my first post a bit. Looks like 05 6sp here i come LOL. No fuking way i'm going auto unless it's a truck, and my GF wants a truck so it works out. Just i'll have to drive her to work when i want to use the truck because there's no fuking way she's driving the G when i get it.

Originally Posted by Darkstar752
A technology company is working on intergrating the smart key into the 6MT, I think they're pretty close.

Also, some 6MT 05+ have oil consumption problems. And the tires are used up so quickly because the stock ones have a ****ty wear time, other ones are good though as long as you don't floor it everywhere and drift (which a lot of people do anyway). There are some rattles like there are in every car, but almost all of them are fixable.

How much are you looking to spend?
oil consumption problems??? i don't mind adding oil from time to time but how extensive is this? And i read the 05 fixed a lot of smaller issues with the car which was why i was originally why i was looking at the 05+. ABout the tires i assumed as much but either way with my AWD talon i break loose quite a bit as well, so i'd assume the tires would be about the same with it as with the G. When you drive a nice like with decent power you have to spin them sometimes tho i don't like doing burnouts. ANd in the snow AWD Donuts rule. LOL, the pics with the snow coming up from all tires are where it's at. So I'm very sad i can't afford the AWD coupe coming out soon. But that'll be for a few years in the future.

But since i'm no longer looking at a Smart Key car... i'm willing to spend about 20+-, which puts me in the price range of several cars. Just waiting on my bonus from joining the ANG to buy my G. My bonus will be my down payment lol.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:21 AM
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
[QUOTE=empyrials
oil consumption problems??? i don't mind adding oil from time to time but how extensive is this? And i read the 05 fixed a lot of smaller issues with the car which was why i was originally why i was looking at the 05+. ABout the tires i assumed as much but either way with my AWD talon i break loose quite a bit as well, so i'd assume the tires would be about the same with it as with the G. When you drive a nice like with decent power you have to spin them sometimes tho i don't like doing burnouts. ANd in the snow AWD Donuts rule. LOL, the pics with the snow coming up from all tires are where it's at. So I'm very sad i can't afford the AWD coupe coming out soon. But that'll be for a few years in the future.

But since i'm no longer looking at a Smart Key car... i'm willing to spend about 20+-, which puts me in the price range of several cars. Just waiting on my bonus from joining the ANG to buy my G. My bonus will be my down payment lol.[/QUOTE]

You can get a 2005 easily for that. There's one for sale around me which is a black on black 6MT coupe for 16k with 60k miles.

The oil consumption problem is a problem with the 298 hp rev-up version of the engine, although it is uncommon. If you do have it though, they will replace the engine for you. I believe it burns a quart every 1000 miles or something. There's a sticky about it.