The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

7500 service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 10:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fbpem1, what Dealership in the DC Metro Region do you work at?

I don’t have it set in my mind that dealerships as a whole are bad. I just think it’s wrong to assume that dealerships are always going to go a step above and beyond a smaller Mom and Pop shop.

I've owned cars From Jeep, Honda, and Nissan. I have yet to go to a dealership that hasn’t at least once tried to rip me off.

Roshenthal/Gaithersburg Nissan (Nicknamed Rosenthief Nissan on the internet) is one of the worst. Many times lied to me about brakes needing replacement, coolant needing to be changed, and many other things.

Herson Honda tried to screw me out of a wire harness recall on my car. Additionally, same as Rosenthief Nissan, many times lied to me about brakes needing replacement, coolant needing to be changed, and many other things. Once I bleed my brakes, changes the power steering fluid, and flushed the coolant. I then took it to them for warranty work. They told me that I need to flush the coolant and flush the power steering fluid! Really? LOL, I just did it the week before. I even showed the service person how clean my power steering fluid was because it was just replaced. He said that his tech made the recommendation. LOL, what a bunch of bologna.

Courtesy Jeep was actually pretty good in the service of my Wrangler. They did try to upsell me once on brakes when I still had over half left (I checked when I got home). Other then that one lie, they were pretty good in servicing my Wrangler.

Large dealerships in my experience see customers and nothing special. Smaller Mom and Pop shops see them as customers and willing to go the extra mile for them sometimes. I have never experienced that with large dealerships. They want customers to come in and move out quickly to speed up the amount of cars coming through there bays.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by wyldfyer
LOGICAL

does typing in caps get your moronic point across better? LET ME TRY TO SEE IF IT HELPS. Nope not at all. you seem to keep pushing the point that my "opinions" are wrong, which they are not from friends, family, coworkers, and myself. My statements are facts. Believe what you want and i'll see you soon when one of your smaller independent shops does something wrong with your car when you want to do something somewhere else and use an inferior part.

I work at Passport Infiniti of Alexandria.

Old 10-31-2008, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by fbpem1
does typing in caps get your moronic point across better? LET ME TRY TO SEE IF IT HELPS. Nope not at all. you seem to keep pushing the point that my "opinions" are wrong, which they are not from friends, family, coworkers, and myself. My statements are facts. Believe what you want and i'll see you soon when one of your smaller independent shops does something wrong with your car when you want to do something somewhere else and use an inferior part.

I work at Passport Infiniti of Alexandria.

OOOOK. Insult me then tell me where you work? Real smart...

Dude, dont even try to turn this into a personal attack session. NO ONE wants to read that shyt. Cut and paste the part where I said you were WRONG? I never said that. I was just trying to help you understand that what you said is not the case 100% of the time. you cant seem to grasp that concept. Here's a good example as to why its not the end all be all:

What if a certified mechanic works for INFINITI, right? All of a sudden that dealership closes and he (and maybe 2 other mechanics, I dunno) take a job at Joe the plumber's foreign auto shop. Is he now LESS qualified to work on my car?

You can have your opinion but I cant have mine?

Classic psychology. When ppl generalize and someone finds fault in what they say, they usually start with the personal attacks...which eventually gets the whole thread deleted.

Last edited by wyldfyer; 10-31-2008 at 11:24 AM.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by wyldfyr
OOOOK. Insult me then tell me where you work? Real smart...

Dude, dont even try to turn this into a personal attack session. NO ONE wants to read that shyt. Cut and paste the part where I said you were WRONG? I never said that. I was just trying to help you uderstand that what you said is not the case 100% of the time. you cant seem to grasp that concept.
i was not turning it into a personal attack, if it was a personal attack i would have said much more. Since it was not a personal attack, just stating that typing in caps is idiotic and theres no need to accentuate the point you are trying to make with caps lock on. My comment was more snide than anything.

Also why wouldn't it be smart, to tell the person who asked me where i work to post it in the thread i have nothing to hide. Was that a personal threat? since we are now jumping to conclusions. Look i have nothing against you i understand your point i understand that not ALL independents as a whole are bad, Although i do see more shotty work come out of independents as a whole compared to dealers which is what i said. Not an opinion based on numbers thats fact.

You said your helping me understand why not all independent shops are bad, i understand i know i get it, i have friends that work at some local shops, although...cars with as much crap on them as most high line's they normally won't do anything aside from your brakes, tires, flushes, oil changes, alin's. Now if you have a problem a independent has no problem at all telling you to go away we won't fix it. Thats my problem with them they claim to fix cars for a living and only want to do easy work? now agian not stating all of them but as a whole yes.

this debate between you and i, i'm going to call a wash we do not see eye to eye and will never no matter how many times we go back in forth.

Old 10-31-2008, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by fbpem1
does typing in caps get your moronic point across better?.
That wasnt a personal attack. nope...

Old 10-31-2008, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by wyldfyer
That wasnt a personal attack. nope...

if you consider that a personal attack your way to sensitive for the internet.

Old 10-31-2008, 03:40 PM
I thought this was a thread about 7500 mile service - sheesh - take it outside.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by hg35x
I thought this was a thread about 7500 mile service - sheesh - take it outside.

It was initially but then it got jacked. Re-read it like I just did. It started out with ppl trying to help but then it turned into a "know it all session". I was trying to keep it from going south but dude is content on throwing jabs.