G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

7500 service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 12:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 7500 service

Hi. guys!!
Today, I had my second oil change at the dealer. I wanted to try synthetic oil, so I brought my own oil to the dealer. I did not really expected how much it will be. Anyway, they said i need to rotate my tires because it is 7500 service. I had 6500 miles on my car and i have driven for 5 months since first oil change. So, I let them to rotate the job. I waited for a hour and then I got the invoice of my services. It was $145 dollars... with own oil change, rotate tire and Multipoint Inspection.
Is this price make sense to you guys??? because I have no idea.
The labor charge was $113 dollars. They did a Multipoint Inspection service too.. I mean is this service really recommendable?? and also, did I paid right price for my service???

Last edited by henryfj; 10-25-2008 at 12:15 AM.
Old 10-25-2008, 11:24 AM
I just had an oil change done at a local Infiniti dealer - $24.99 with a free multi point inspection and free car wash. Soooooo -

Old 10-25-2008, 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by hg35x
I just had an oil change done at a local Infiniti dealer - $24.99 with a free multi point inspection and free car wash. Soooooo -
they are loosing money on that, just out of curiosity what is the posted labor rate at that dealer?

to the OP check to see if they billed oil on ticket, they could have done that or charged you full price for the filter which retail through infiniti net parts system is roughly $17.50, i know my dealer cuts that cost over half since thats insane for a damn filter.

yes the 7500 is your first "service" on the car, and that labor time sounds 1 hour of labor for the 7500, which also includes (at least i do) lube top off all fluids and i hook up the car to the computer and run codes and clear them if they are dummy codes ie: tpms codes in the bcm.

Old 10-25-2008, 11:41 AM
The $24.99 was an internet coupon special from the dealer. Free car wash and multi point inspection is included with any service. I do not know their labor rate. Typically in Minnesota it is usually less than $100.00

Old 10-25-2008, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by hg35x
The $24.99 was an internet coupon special from the dealer. Free car wash and multi point inspection is included with any service. I do not know their labor rate. Typically in Minnesota it is usually less than $100.00

that multipoint inspection and car wash is an infiniti standard with the service anything ending in 500 or 000, adjustments, tweaks, or recalibrations are made to the the various Control Units. Range from anywhere between 1 hour and 12 hours being the most (60k on q45's that require plugs to be replaced)

I just want to let everyone know the dealer is not out to rip people off as a whole granted i know there are some out there that do shotty work and are dishonest. The one thing i want to make clear at 60k+ miles, you can definatly feel a differance between a dealer maintained car one that has only had the bare minimum done by the owner or other places. Trust me on this i see it every single day.

To the OP thank you for sticking with the dealer i hope you keep doing so and you will notice a differance or should i say won't notice a differance as the car get some mileage and age on it

Old 10-27-2008, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by fbpem1
that multipoint inspection and car wash is an infiniti standard with the service anything ending in 500 or 000, adjustments, tweaks, or recalibrations are made to the the various Control Units. Range from anywhere between 1 hour and 12 hours being the most (60k on q45's that require plugs to be replaced)

I just want to let everyone know the dealer is not out to rip people off as a whole granted i know there are some out there that do shotty work and are dishonest. The one thing i want to make clear at 60k+ miles, you can definatly feel a differance between a dealer maintained car one that has only had the bare minimum done by the owner or other places. Trust me on this i see it every single day.

To the OP thank you for sticking with the dealer i hope you keep doing so and you will notice a differance or should i say won't notice a differance as the car get some mileage and age on it
It really depends on WHAT you are getting done. Whether its a dealer or a trustable commercial shop, the ONLY difference in something like an oil change is the PRICE. Key word is "trustable". of course, I only let CERTIFIED mechanics work on my car. But you pay way more from the dealer. A lot of checks that are done are PREVENTIVE maintenance. Im not saying it's not necessary. But you certainly dont have to only rely on the dealer.

Dont fall victim to what is called "Planned obsolescence". the dealer would have you believe that your car will fail if not properly maintained. In a sense this is true, but more so if you ABUSE your car. In addition, when you do perform maintenance, the dealer is not the only option. THEY, however, would have you depend on them as the only option.

The real key is to MAINTAIN your car regardless of where you go.

Old 10-28-2008, 01:49 PM
tell me this......

who knows your car better, who knows what to look for you

a dealer

or

a independent facility who pulls your precious G in after they work on a ford f150

the dealer hands down knows your car better i'm sick of dealer bashing i'm sorry but 99.9% of independent repair facilitys do NOT have the proper equipment/tools/know how to fix your vehicle. When they screw something up where are you going to have it fixed the correct way? the dealer thats where. All of you have a bad taste in your mouth about a dealer but you know what you will all have to come here one day or another to fix something someone messed up even you modded guys just trust me on that. I am constantly fixing modified cars by either error of install or whatever have you.

i am sick of dealer bashing i know you didn't bash any dealer just wanted to let people know there are other alternitives but fact is if you want your car fixed and fixed correctly witih someone who stands behind thier work and has infinite information at thier disposal the dealer is the only place to go, i'm sorry but thats fact. If i did not work on my own vehicle because i do this day in day out my car is a mazda but it is always replaced with factory parts if applicable (provided its not something i am replaceing with an upgraded performance part) i would go to the dealer and do all the recommended services. I personally do NOT sell anything on a car i would not do to my own vehicles and everything i sell that are upsells (read: p/s, brake, coolant, induction, trans service's) i do them to my car my mothers car, brothers car, fathers car, grandmas car, friends cars etc, etc. There is a differance in the car when it gets higher mileage, it still feels new! maintain your car with cheap aftermarket parts and shotty independent repair facilitys and see how many more problems are created or how many things "break" because of who you have work on it or how many things are overlooked, or get kicked out of the door because your complaint isn't something that they fix (ie: wind noise, squeak and rattle) and a lot of times they send them to us under thier name trust me on this i have had many customer is none the wiser to what happened but the car came to me the UNTRAINED tech could not fix said problem so where did they send it....dealer =)

With independent repair facilities there is more dishonesty, cheap crap parts marked up at a premium that squeak don't work correctly or whatever.

i'm done with this rant now, lots of typos lots of gramical errors, oh well you get the point.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:37 PM
tell me this......

who knows your car better, who knows what to look for you

a dealer

or

a independent facility who pulls your precious G in after they work on a ford f150

the dealer hands down knows your car better i'm sick of dealer bashing i'm sorry but 99.9% of independent repair facilitys do NOT have the proper equipment/tools/know how to fix your vehicle. When they screw something up where are you going to have it fixed the correct way? the dealer thats where. All of you have a bad taste in your mouth about a dealer but you know what you will all have to come here one day or another to fix something someone messed up even you modded guys just trust me on that. I am constantly fixing modified cars by either error of install or whatever have you.

i am sick of dealer bashing i know you didn't bash any dealer just wanted to let people know there are other alternitives but fact is if you want your car fixed and fixed correctly witih someone who stands behind thier work and has infinite information at thier disposal the dealer is the only place to go, i'm sorry but thats fact. If i did not work on my own vehicle because i do this day in day out my car is a mazda but it is always replaced with factory parts if applicable (provided its not something i am replaceing with an upgraded performance part) i would go to the dealer and do all the recommended services. I personally do NOT sell anything on a car i would not do to my own vehicles and everything i sell that are upsells (read: p/s, brake, coolant, induction, trans service's) i do them to my car my mothers car, brothers car, fathers car, grandmas car, friends cars etc, etc. There is a differance in the car when it gets higher mileage, it still feels new! maintain your car with cheap aftermarket parts and shotty independent repair facilitys and see how many more problems are created or how many things "break" because of who you have work on it or how many things are overlooked, or get kicked out of the door because your complaint isn't something that they fix (ie: wind noise, squeak and rattle) and a lot of times they send them to us under thier name trust me on this i have had many customer is none the wiser to what happened but the car came to me the UNTRAINED tech could not fix said problem so where did they send it....dealer =)

With independent repair facilities there is more dishonesty, cheap crap parts marked up at a premium that squeak don't work correctly or whatever.

i'm done with this rant now, lots of typos lots of gramical errors, oh well you get the point.

I'll be HONEST... I didnt even have to read your response because IM not talking about "a independent facility who pulls your precious G in after they work on a ford f150". This is classic psychology. Compare the GOOD product to the WORSE product to prove a point. i know it's election season but come on, man. LOL

*after reading the ENTIRE reply*

I respect what you are saying to SELL going to the dealer. However, you are ONLY comparing the GOOD dealer experience to the BAD independent shop experience.

So you are comparing apples to oranges my friend. Where I come from, we dont deal with the independent shops that YOU described.

EVERYONE knows that there is a mark-up on dealer labor & parts. And in a lot of cases, the dealer doesnt even MAKE the parts. i.e. Arvin-Meritor, AC Delco, ALL PETROLEUM PRODUCTS.

Now, there are certain jobs that I will only go to the dealer for. And there are certain jobs that it would be a waste of money to pay higher dealer prices. We ARE in a recession, sir. Who has money to pay THREE times as much for an oil change JUST to say Nissan or Infiniti did it?

You assuming that ALL independent shops are worse than the dealer is the same as someone else assuming that ALL dealers are trying to rip people off. Doesnt matter if you work for the dealer or not. Dont take it personal.

Old 10-28-2008, 03:02 PM
SIETESG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
dealer only looks at my car for warranty and free oil changes.

other than that i do it myself or have a local reliable shop do my maintence.

Old 10-28-2008, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by LightsOut
dealer only looks at my car for warranty and free oil changes.

other than that i do it myself or have a local reliable shop do my maintence.
+1. Dealer markup is too much. Not only that but the Nissan stealership I use to go to, had a 200sx, didn’t even do the preventative maintenance / checks (topping off fluids, checking air pressure). They would change the transmission oil and rotate tires (because this was free), and they'd never even fill up my tire pressure on the many times I came in with low pressure.

So don’t always assume that the stealership will take care of your care either. It goes both ways.

There are trustworthy dealerships and non trustworthy stealerships just like there are trustworthy mechanics and non trustworthy mechanics.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by 2008G35XSinMD
+1. Dealer markup is too much. Not only that but the Nissan stealership I use to go to, had a 200sx, didn’t even do the preventative maintenance / checks (topping off fluids, checking air pressure). They would change the transmission oil and rotate tires (because this was free), and they'd never even fill up my tire pressure on the many times I came in with low pressure.

So don’t always assume that the stealership will take care of your care either. It goes both ways.

There are trustworthy dealerships and non trustworthy stealerships just like there are trustworthy mechanics and non trustworthy mechanics.

Exactly

Old 10-31-2008, 07:39 AM
well it seems its futile to even bother talking about this to people on here since the mentality is set in stone that dealers as a whole are bad. Although, if you look at dealer to independent shops the dealers as a whole are more honest and do better work, you can't deny that although a lot of you will try. Theres nothing i can do to make you go to a dealer just know when you have a problem we will be here with a smile on our faces fix it and hope you come back to have work done at another time when your car needs something other than a free oil change or a problem covered under warranty.

I'm not vouching for all dealers becuase yes i know they are not all good, not all tech's go through the tidious things i do to make sure the job is done, done right, and 100% perfect. I take GREAT pride in my work, anyone in the washington dc metro area can drop by and take a look for themselves if they wish.

Quote from wyldfyer
We ARE in a recession, sir. Who has money to pay THREE times as much for an oil change JUST to say Nissan or Infiniti did it?

a lot of people according to our schedule and the past few weeks. People who give a **** about thier car, how it runs, and want someone who stands behind thier work to do the job correctly regardless what it is.

If you want to know what i do for just your basic coupon oil change heres a list. I am not bull****ting every single car gets this regardless of the customer history, if its a wait job, whatever.

Light Check
Top off all fluids
check and adjust air pressure
change oil
check brakes (write down measurments on the vehicle checksheet we have attached to hardcopy of the RO)
Check Tires (tread depth and nails)
fully spif the car out with any recommendations
change crush washer on oil drain plug
torque drain plug to 25ftpds (thats ESM spec mind you)
change filter
fill engine oil
reset maint. reminders
write out oil change sticker 3,750 miles over current mileage of vehicle
if the tire light was on from low pressure it gets hooked up via CII or CIII and reset tire light and reinitialize the system.
Hand ticket back to service writer with all measurments and any recommendations.
put car in car wash to have it washed

customer is happy 100% of the time with this service and you tell me how the dealer is making money of that or me for that matter. i get paid 0.3 hours for that. there is NO money in oil change, but little things like that and what i do with every single oil change make a world of differance in the customers eyes and seperates myself and a few other of my co workers who do the exact same thing from any other independent shop and a lot of dealers.

Sorry for the delay in response to this thread since i was fairly busy the past few days and i normally only get on the forums when i'm done at work and waiting for another ticket to do.

Old 10-31-2008, 08:19 AM
well it seems its futile to even bother talking about this to people on here since the mentality is set in stone that dealers as a whole are bad. Although, if you look at dealer to independent shops the dealers as a whole are more honest and do better work, you can't deny that although a lot of you will try. Theres nothing i can do to make you go to a dealer just know when you have a problem we will be here with a smile on our faces fix it and hope you come back to have work done at another time when your car needs something other than a free oil change or a problem covered under warranty.

I'm not vouching for all dealers becuase yes i know they are not all good, not all tech's go through the tidious things i do to make sure the job is done, done right, and 100% perfect. I take GREAT pride in my work, anyone in the washington dc metro area can drop by and take a look for themselves if they wish.

Quote from wyldfyer
We ARE in a recession, sir. Who has money to pay THREE times as much for an oil change JUST to say Nissan or Infiniti did it?

a lot of people according to our schedule and the past few weeks. People who give a **** about thier car, how it runs, and want someone who stands behind thier work to do the job correctly regardless what it is.

If you want to know what i do for just your basic coupon oil change heres a list. I am not bull****ting every single car gets this regardless of the customer history, if its a wait job, whatever.

Light Check
Top off all fluids
check and adjust air pressure
change oil
check brakes (write down measurments on the vehicle checksheet we have attached to hardcopy of the RO)
Check Tires (tread depth and nails)
fully spif the car out with any recommendations
change crush washer on oil drain plug
torque drain plug to 25ftpds (thats ESM spec mind you)
change filter
fill engine oil
reset maint. reminders
write out oil change sticker 3,750 miles over current mileage of vehicle
if the tire light was on from low pressure it gets hooked up via CII or CIII and reset tire light and reinitialize the system.
Hand ticket back to service writer with all measurments and any recommendations.
put car in car wash to have it washed

customer is happy 100% of the time with this service and you tell me how the dealer is making money of that or me for that matter. i get paid 0.3 hours for that. there is NO money in oil change, but little things like that and what i do with every single oil change make a world of differance in the customers eyes and seperates myself and a few other of my co workers who do the exact same thing from any other independent shop and a lot of dealers.

Sorry for the delay in response to this thread since i was fairly busy the past few days and i normally only get on the forums when i'm done at work and waiting for another ticket to do.
well until you survey ALL Dealers and write a review, this is STILL just your OPINION...no matter how right it feels down inside, its YOUR take...largely based on YOUR dealer.

At this point I dont think anyone cares. Could someone wrap this thread up?

Old 10-31-2008, 09:03 AM
Originally Posted by wyldfyer
well until you survey ALL Dealers and write a review, this is STILL just your OPINION...no matter how right it feels down inside, its YOUR take...largely based on YOUR dealer.

At this point I dont think anyone cares. Could someone wrap this thread up?

typical

Old 10-31-2008, 10:13 AM
typical
LOGICAL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 7500 service