The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Vrod-Mike
Here is a link to the EDFC. Basically it allows you to adjust the setting on the coilovers from inside the car.

http://www.tein.com/products/edfc.html

^^^WHAT!!!...thats what that is?..LOL...I'm definitely investing some money into picking that up...i just installed tein basics coils and i want to go lower but i dont want to all the way to my friends house, jack it up, take off the wheels and spend f#@king time w/ the stupid tool they give you!...LOL...I was just thinking that the other day, "they should come out with something that allows you to adjust your coilovers without all that work"....LOL and there it is...EDFC...looking it up right now

Old 04-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by Mo's Tre' 5
^^^WHAT!!!...thats what that is?..LOL...I'm definitely investing some money into picking that up...i just installed tein basics coils and i want to go lower but i dont want to all the way to my friends house, jack it up, take off the wheels and spend f#@king time w/ the stupid tool they give you!...LOL...I was just thinking that the other day, "they should come out with something that allows you to adjust your coilovers without all that work"....LOL and there it is...EDFC...looking it up right now
It doesn't change the height. It changes the dampening of the shocks.

Last edited by Vrod-Mike; 04-09-2009 at 07:49 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:38 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
+ it don't work for the basic.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:16 AM
F$@k!...LOL....

Old 04-09-2009, 07:30 PM
Tinted the windows today. 18% on the whole car except the windshield. Tomorrow night the exhaust and wheel spacers go in. Then I get my alignment next week. After that I just had some odds and ends like tail light overlays, grounding kit, strut bar etc. Then I'll get the car tuned and it should be done...for now. Oh yeah, I need to finish my system, but I can do that anytime since I already did my DD Nav, so at least I have some tunes.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:35 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
Wow is that your home garage? where did you get the scissor lift, i want one!!!

Old 04-09-2009, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by ShanesG
Wow is that your home garage? where did you get the scissor lift, i want one!!!
That's the garage at my friends house. He's a mechanic by trade so he has all the good stuff. I can't fit a car in my garage because it's setup to work on motorcycles which I do as a hobby. Here's a pic of my garage from not long ago. The red one on the left is mine. The other three are friends that I'm doing various mods to. I currently have one in my garage getting a bunch of stuff including a 300 rear tire. It will be sick as hell when I'm done.

If you want a good scissor lift then look at these. They make great lifts and I'll be getting one of their MC lift tables as soon as I pay for some of the stuff I put in my car.

http://directlift.com/pro6mr.asp

Old 04-11-2009, 01:22 AM
Tonight was another busy night. I did the rear toe bolts since I didn't have a bit at home to ream out the holes last week. Now that that's done I can get my alignment. I also installed my EDFC servos on the rear shocks. Nest week I'll pull the fronts and install them. I wish I new these needed to be installed before first before I put everything together.
I also installed the FI intimidator exhaust. I couldn't believe how easy it went in. They did a great job fitting that exhaust to the car. When you tighten everything up it just fits like a glove. I finished everything at around 12 tonight so I could really get on it, but I took it for a ride and it sounds real nice. At idle you almost can't tell the difference from stock, but once you get on it you can really tell the difference. It's not really loud which is what I wanted, but it has a nice rumble to it. I imagine it will get a little louder once I get some miles on it as well.

Tein EDFC servos on the rear shocks:

Rear toe bolt holes elongated:

FI Intimidator exhaust:

Last edited by Vrod-Mike; 05-31-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:29 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
damn that is pretty impressive for a weekend Mike...nice work!!!

Old 04-11-2009, 07:05 AM
^very true but money well spent imo

Old 04-11-2009, 03:34 PM
excelent balance of mods...wish i could afford it all at once my FI exhaust gets installed on monday so it's nice to know its an easy install
good luck with the rest of the mods!!!

Old 04-11-2009, 05:47 PM
In between rain drops I installed my Z-tube and Amsoil air filter today. My tail light overlays arrived today, so now when we get a nice day and I have some time to kill I'll tackle those. I also had the car tinted with 18% tint all around this week. Once we get some nice weather I'll snap some more pics.

Last edited by Vrod-Mike; 05-31-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:12 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
im a late subscriber but those are some awesome mods! about how long would you say it took you to do your spacer and mrev?

Old 04-11-2009, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by h23sdominate
im a late subscriber but those are some awesome mods! about how long would you say it took you to do your spacer and mrev?
It was cake. It took an hour and that was with bull****ting and trying to figure out why MD tells you to do away with a gasket I thought was necessary. I bet I could do it in 30-45 minutes not that I've done it.

Old 04-11-2009, 08:50 PM
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
I'm telling you man, HFC's will make your FI exhaust. I'm not sure if you can pass inspection, I think you can, but definitely check it out and if you can, get them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Tomorrow is going to be a busy day!!!