The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-11-2009, 09:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Darkstar752
I'm telling you man, HFC's will make your FI exhaust. I'm not sure if you can pass inspection, I think you can, but definitely check it out and if you can, get them.
I've been considering it, but I need to know if I'll be able to pass inspection. Otherwise I'll have to change them out every two years for inspection.

Old 04-12-2009, 04:30 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Vrod-Mike
It was cake. It took an hour and that was with bull****ting and trying to figure out why MD tells you to do away with a gasket I thought was necessary. I bet I could do it in 30-45 minutes not that I've done it.
alright thanx man i plan on doing my pro1, spacer, and mrev2 all within the next two months you definitely showed me up lol

Old 04-13-2009, 04:45 AM
hey question about the cs adjustments... what is the proper way to adjust the coilovers? to raise or lower? i bought my used and did not have a manual??? i had it low and i mess with the height and it lowered it even more... now i forget which way i did it. info is appreciate thanks

Old 04-13-2009, 07:40 AM
Originally Posted by scottsG
hey question about the cs adjustments... what is the proper way to adjust the coilovers? to raise or lower? i bought my used and did not have a manual??? i had it low and i mess with the height and it lowered it even more... now i forget which way i did it. info is appreciate thanks
To raise and lower the height just rotate the ring accordingly.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:41 PM
Got some more parts this week. The pile is smaller, but I'm still happy as a pig in ****. lol This time I have a GTSPEC strut bar alone with GTSPEC fornt and rear lower tie braces and a rear lateral arm brace. I also have new front and rear swaybar endlinks from Adam @ Z1 along with front and rear wheel spacers. I also have tail light and third brake light overlays and last but not least I have a set of 4300k H4 HIDs for my fog/highbeams. These are the servo activated bulbs so both functions will still work.

I also got a call today that my 06 airbox came in off back order, but I won't be able to get that until Monday, but at least I know it's here.

Last edited by Vrod-Mike; 05-31-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:58 PM
nice man! when your all done wanna trade g's? lol

Old 04-17-2009, 01:52 AM
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
damn!
thats a lot of parts! BTW what year is your car? 05?
coz the MREV2 is for rev up only.

Old 04-17-2009, 08:11 AM
Originally Posted by Dranom
damn!
thats a lot of parts! BTW what year is your car? 05?
coz the MREV2 is for rev up only.
It's an 05, but I spoke with Tony at MD and he said it works fine on the non rev up cars as well. He posted some dyno charts of an 04 he did and it showed nice gains.

Old 04-18-2009, 08:20 PM
I wired up my Tein EDFC today after getting out for a nice motorcycle ride. I started in the rear since I needed to drill access holes in order to get to the servo wire on the top of the shock. I've seen a few posts were people just cut enormous holes back there, but I prefer to do things a little neater. I just drilled out one of the existing holes big enough to fit the connector through. Then I put a grommet in the hole to make sure the wire wouldn't get cut on the side of the hole. I also left the connector inside the whole so I don't have to worry about having any tension on it. Here are a few pics of teh holes and also with the grommets installed.

I didn't take any pics of the front wires, but I was pissed that they make the front cables so short. My intention was to run both wires through the grommet behind the battery, but the wires are so short that the one for the left front wasn't long enough. That meant that the front left had to go through the big grommet to the inside of the brake booster and that was a bitch. It would have been so much easy to run them both through the right side, but they were cheap and made the wires to short.

After all the wires were ran it was time to mount the controller. I decided to put it in my armrest since my upper glove box is being used by my navigation. It was actually harder to get the rear wires into the center console then it was to cut the hole. I've had that console apart so many times already I think I could do it wiht my eyes closed.

Last edited by Vrod-Mike; 05-31-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:25 AM
looks great..I like the selection of controller location in the center console

Old 04-19-2009, 04:33 AM
awesome def clean spot for the controller, and all the wiring looks clean too

Old 04-19-2009, 05:21 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
the GTSPEC rear lateral arm wont fit with the Fast Intentions exhaust, anyway great mods

Old 04-19-2009, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by Beebo
the GTSPEC rear lateral arm wont fit with the Fast Intentions exhaust, anyway great mods
That kinda sucks. I guess I'll find out for sure this weekend when I install them. What prevents it from fitting?

I just looked at pics of the lateral arm mounted on the GTSpec website and of my exhaust mounted and I don't see a reason it won't work, so I went out to my car and crawled under and test fit it. It looks like it will fit fine to me. The passenger side exhaust pipe is close, but it doesn't come in contact with the lateral arm. I'll be able to see better once it's on a lift, but from what I can see it looks to fit fine. What makes you say it won't fit?

Last edited by Vrod-Mike; 04-19-2009 at 06:12 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:00 AM
You're Despicable

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Nice mods mate, you're lucky you can do some many mods in your own premises, I wish I was back in the UK so I can use my garage, nice work

Old 04-20-2009, 03:42 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Vrod-Mike
It's an 05, but I spoke with Tony at MD and he said it works fine on the non rev up cars as well. He posted some dyno charts of an 04 he did and it showed nice gains.
not to confuse you and all, but the 05 is a rev-up, and it does have the rev-up airbox, did yours not come with either?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Tomorrow is going to be a busy day!!!