G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

g35 coupe tire alignment wear - frustrated HELP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2009 | 02:39 AM
|
Unhappy g35 coupe tire alignment wear - frustrated HELP

Hi guys,

I've read a lot of posts here on excessive tire wear on g35 coupes. I've got an 04 coupe not lowered and I am tired of tire wear on the rears (it seems to me the fronts are just too expensive and unsafe to fix, correct me if wrong).

First alignment place -NETWORK ALIGNMENT - reduced rear camber to L-1.8 and R-1.8 total toe .15. I installed camber arms from ebay (they look like stillen camber arms but claim not), and took the car to the dealer. Dealer alignment -PINNACLE INFINITY- (don't know if they were jacking me around) gave me a printout at rear camber L-1.5 and R-1.2 total toe .21

I bought spc bolts and toe arms (ebay) and had a local shop install them for about $230 Saturday. They put the spc bolt on the camber arm hole, I don't know why. The rears are now L-1.2 and R-.9 but toe is greater at .35 total (not good?).

I thought I could get rear camber down to -.5... the guys at the local shop told me they couldn't make it happen.

I know there was a thread I read, someone claimed to get -.5 camber and no toe. If someone could provide me with a link to that thread or the person who made that claim, it would be appreciated.

Here's my concern: The camber arm I installed had very little adjustment for positive camber. In other words, it would barely adjust any shorter than the original stock camber arm. Now, since the last alignment, I look under the car and that arm is adjusted longer than stock. Remember though, I had them install toe arms too. How is my shop trying to adjust for more positive camber when they have the camber arms extended about an inch causing negative camber?

In other words, AM I SCREWING WITH THE CAR ALIGNMENT TOO MUCH? IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THIS SITUATION? HOW DO I GET MORE POSITIVE CAMBER? ARE WE SCREWING AROUND TOO MUCH WITH CASTER??? SHEESH!!

thanks guys for any advice. If you need pictures to help me let me know.

attached is the final alignment from the local shop. Attachment 104950

Attached Thumbnails g35 coupe tire alignment wear  - frustrated HELP-image.jpg