The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Bluetooth/phone issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 09:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth/phone issue

I have an 07 coupe with bluetooth. Every so often when I receive a call, I can't answer the phone via the steering wheel button, but the call is active as I can see the counter moving on the phone. When I open the phone to take a call, the Bluetooth function doesn't work and the call is not audible via the car's speakers.
When I hang up via the phone, not the steering wheel control, the stereo continues to read "telephone" no matter what I do. I can't disconnect this via any buttons in the car. I have to turn the car off and let it sit for a few minutes. Obviously this isn't an option when driving on the highway. And I can't use my radio when the "telephone" display is lit.
What is causing this? Thanks.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:08 AM
I had a problem like yours and it was fixed by updating the software on the phone. This was a Motorola RAZR2 from Verizon. Since then I bought an Apple IPHONE 3G and have had no problems.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:52 AM
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
^^Try what he said or

there might be a problem with the bluetooth
is the car still has warranty?

Old 05-04-2009, 06:57 PM
The problem is intermittent…that sucks…makes it way more difficult to track down the fault. You know what’s going to happen when you take the car to the dealership? It’s going to work perfectly while you’re there, then when you’re driving home, and it’s too late to turn back…it happens.

Maybe you can pair another phone with your car, then make a bunch of calls to that phone to see if you can induce the same fault with that phone. If you can duplicate the problem with another phone, it means the problem is more than likely in your car. If you can’t duplicate the problem after X number of tries, the problem is more than likely with your phone.

Maybe you can try deleting your phone and then re-pairing it with your car.

Also, maybe you can try pulling the fuse (and put it back) for the Bluetooth to reset it. Then, pair your phone again and see if it recurs.

Just a few things off the top of my head. It’s worth a shot. Let us know your progress on getting this fixed.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:31 PM
how do you pair the phone to the car? i have an iphone 3g and i just bought a used 07 coupe. can you help?

Old 05-28-2009, 09:46 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Old 05-28-2009, 09:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by danieljkimm
how do you pair the phone to the car? i have an iphone 3g and i just bought a used 07 coupe. can you help?
Come on now, thats just being plain old lazy. The pairing instructions are in your owners manual.

As for the OP, I agree with the first response from nr2d, make sure there are no software updates for your phone. Then, delete all your paired devices from your car, then re-pair your device.

BTW, has it ALWAYS done this? Or did this just now start happening?

Old 05-28-2009, 12:36 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Weird...same thing with 06 recently. Same phone worked fine for over two years and same G until recently + problem only intermittent -_-

Getting stuck on 'telephone' mode after hanging up and no tunes while driving SUX!! lol.

Will try the re-pairing thing. No current phone software upgrades were available on mine and worked fine before with my G's bluetooth

Old 05-28-2009, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by brandon402
As for the OP, I agree with the first response from nr2d, make sure there are no software updates for your phone. Then, delete all your paired devices from your car, then re-pair your device.

BTW, has it ALWAYS done this? Or did this just now start happening?
It's always done it, same phone, same car. Just doesn't happen often. Thanks.

Old 09-14-2009, 04:54 AM
Know u guys said the owners manual states how to pair your phone but unfortunately I bought my car used and didn't have one I've googled and searched with no luck can anyone help

Old 09-14-2009, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by ProchargedG
Know u guys said the owners manual states how to pair your phone but unfortunately I bought my car used and didn't have one I've googled and searched with no luck can anyone help
Its idiot proof (apparently not). You press the phone button on the steering wheel and follow the voice prompts. If you don't have a phone button, you don't have bluetooth.

I don't even use bluetooth in the car anymore, everyone complains they can barely hear me.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ProchargedG
You can download the owners manual at infinitihelp.com. Look under knowledge base/owner's manuals. They're probably somewhere around this site as well if you look. I just got my e-copy there.

As mentioned earlier, my wife's Razr had the same problem. My Iphone 3G doesn't. Although, my Iphone will try to play music via bluetooth while I'm on the phone from time to time! (too bad it isn't in stereo over the G35's phone connection)

The wife recently swapped to a LG Vu. Not sure if she's had the problem since then. She doesn't drive my car that much. (In fact, I'm not sure if I even paired her phone. Maybe I should go check that.....)