The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

My car keeps getting egged...Please help.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 11:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My car keeps getting egged...Please help.

Hey fellow G owners,

My car has been getting egged consistently for the past 3 weeks. First on a Sunday, 2nd time on a Sunday, and the 3rd time on a Friday. I thought they may have been complete idiots and would do it again on a Sunday so I camped outside to wait for them and they never showed. I have cameras outside my house for surveilance but don't have a DVR to record anything. A good DVR is in the 500-1k range so it feels like a waste.

Anyways, my question is are there any really sensitive aftermarket car alarms that would go off from an egg hitting my car? I've already filed a police report but I highly doubt they'll do anything about it. I was thinking of getting a car cover but I guess they could easily just remove it, then egg the car.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:22 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
You can set the sensitivity on several aftermarket car alarms. I would contact a security/audio shop and speak to them about it.

Good luck

Old 05-06-2009, 11:24 AM
did u doing something to some1?

Old 05-06-2009, 11:24 AM
wait so someone is egging ur car on a consistent basis and you have NO idea who it is? you must have pissed someone off lately.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by drive4fun
You can set the sensitivity on several aftermarket car alarms. I would contact a security/audio shop and speak to them about it.

Good luck
Thanks I'll probably do that.

I don't think I've pissed anyone off really. I'm 26 and don't hang around people like that, put myself in super drama filled relationships or situations or have any enemies that I know of at least. I'm thinking its some stupid kids that are just haters. I live in a pretty decent neighborhood so I don't know.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:41 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
If you have a spare computer you can buy a pci-dvr card for abour 80 bucks and then just add a hard drive about 500GB for about 60 bucks and you got yourself a DVR for your cameras. Or go to best buy and buy a cheap e-machine system for 300 bucks and buy a dvr-card and your set.

your gonna end up paying top dollar for a car alarm anyways, might as well buy something where you can prove who it is rather than just see them running away and cant prove anything.

Edit: Here is a print screen of my cameras, its very worth it and its also peace of mind. only cost me about 600 total including all 4 cameras and computer which records and holds up to two weeks worth of video.

Name:  cams-1.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  73.5 KB

Last edited by pczavala; 05-06-2009 at 12:46 PM. Reason: added more info
Old 05-06-2009, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by pczavala
If you have a spare computer you can buy a pci-dvr card for abour 80 bucks and then just add a hard drive about 500GB for about 60 bucks and you got yourself a DVR for your cameras. Or go to best buy and buy a cheap e-machine system for 300 bucks and buy a dvr-card and your set.

your gonna end up paying top dollar for a car alarm anyways, might as well buy something where you can prove who it is rather than just see them running away and cant prove anything.

Edit: Here is a print screen of my cameras, its very worth it and its also peace of mind. only cost me about 600 total including all 4 cameras and computer which records and holds up to two weeks worth of video.

Man that looks awesome. I'm gonna start looking into it. Thanks for the help. Hows the video quality? Is it like frames? Where it records every 2 seconds or so, and you see almost like a flipbook of photographs? Or is it smooth real time recording? Just curious.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:55 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Looks pimp.

To the OP. Stop sleeping around.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Looks pimp.

To the OP. Stop sleeping around.
I don't sleep around but thanks for the help.

Old 05-06-2009, 01:04 PM
so the cameras are all setup wireless? where did you get the cameras and is there lag?

Old 05-06-2009, 01:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Biggzy im in Tampa and can build dvrs for 200$ or if you still dont wanna spend that let me know I have a mountable motion camera that automatically captures the license plate of any vehicle driving down the road. I hate punks that mess with cars so If you need any help further dealing with this situation please pm me.

Old 05-06-2009, 01:09 PM
Hey pczavala, where can I get a pci-dvr card? I was checking on bestbuy.com and didn't find one. Also, how do they work? You just plug it into your computer and it records wirelessly or something? I'm not too tech savvy so I don't know. Can I just use the computer I'm using now? Or do I need one thats dedicated solely to this?

Thanks for the help.

Old 05-06-2009, 01:15 PM
Best buy wont carry it, and i dont like best buy LOL i worked there two years and in the end all i got was a big F U! but anyways

i am running thie card. http://shop3.frys.com/product/451508...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

also the video is not all that bad, not much of a lag but its going to depend on the type of computer you have really. if its a slow POS then you will get a lag. and you can use any computer.

also all my cameras are wired, not wireless. i built a pc solely for the cameras and i stationed it in my garage, i have it networked so i can access the video from any computer in the house. and if you have a static IP you can access the cameras from anywhere in the world. for wireless ive seen gadgets where they can hack into the signal of the camera and be able to see if they have any blind spots. and i dont like wireless lol

Old 05-06-2009, 01:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In order to record video files especially high quality data you need a seperate dvr as your pc will quickly feel the strain of recording all the camera data, even if you have it set to delete the next day. Best way to go is get a cheap dvr box seperate install removable hard drive and get a pirated version of a dvr software. Thats usually the cheapest do it yourself way. If your insistent on using the PCI card http://www.nextag.com/dvr-pci-card/search-html It hooks into a PCI express or regular PCI slot off of your motherboard and is another card similiar to your video card or sound card that will need to be installed in your tower. It will slow your computer down drastically over time however.

Old 05-06-2009, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by TNnFL-G
Biggzy im in Tampa and can build dvrs for 200$ or if you still dont wanna spend that let me know I have a mountable motion camera that automatically captures the license plate of any vehicle driving down the road. I hate punks that mess with cars so If you need any help further dealing with this situation please pm me.
How much?! i want one

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My car keeps getting egged...Please help.