The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

anyone have pictures of stock repainted rims? all colors welcome.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2009 | 10:22 PM
Brandon seems like an ***.

We've seen 2 sets of painted/powder coated stock wheels in these two pages...

Why not instead of having a pissing contest to tell who knows more about a completely irrelevant subject, you help the fellow G driver.

I'm not sure if the G is turning into the new Civic or the Civic drivers are just driving Gs.

Old 05-29-2009 | 10:26 PM
BTW; These look awesome.

Feel free to take a CLOSE inspection.

https://g35driver.com/forums/body-in...your-rims.html

Old 05-30-2009 | 12:01 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Premier Member
Originally Posted by brandon402
Mind linking me? Well, I look at it like AIDS.... just because everyone else has it, doesnt meant I'll get it. Just gotta make sure and watch where I stick my tally wacker... (I can literally hear Blue Dream squirming in his seat as he reads this...lol )

I wont lie, I went through a "civic riceboy" phase when I was younger. Saw the light before it was too late and made it a fairly quick car to make up for my rice. Still saddens me that such a nice looking car like the g35 is getting bastardized and "lego'd" as it sounds like it is.
Squirm, squirm. haha B. I'm used to it by now. To each his own I guess. I do think you have a secret thing for the big girls though You sure do talk about them a LOT. It's OK man, just get in touch with your inner self!! We won't judge.

Old 05-30-2009 | 01:52 AM
Originally Posted by 4DGS
Brandon seems like an ***.
+1. Brandon, just because you don't have the ability to do your own quality work doesn't mean other people can't either. Everything I've done to my car I did myself and everything turned out great. I would like to say at the end of the day that it is 100% custom, because I did it MYSELF, not some shop that handles hundreds of cars a month.

Also, why do you have to bag on someone who wants to save hundreds of dollars on a rim paint job when that person can easily do just as good of a job with patience and attentiveness? Maybe in your experience these small DIYs turn out ****ty for you because you don't know how to do them?

I have several friends who have painted their rims by themselves with spray paint from the local paint shop and guess what? They turned out great. There might be some negligible imperfections, but that's an extremely justified trade off for a few hundred dollars at a shop. No one HAS to spend 3 months pay on a set of rims when they can make something look equally as good with a box of spray paint and attention to detail.

Why does anyone have to "prove" something to you? Who are you to think you're better than everyone in that something is only acceptable as long as you deem it as such? Cheers to a guy who gets off by flexing his internet knowledge obtained from Google on a forum.

Old 05-30-2009 | 02:07 AM
Oh no, no problems whatsoever pulling ladies here bud. Although, you must excuse the constant references I make to "large ladies" as this is the midwest and unfortunately the norm are the more rotund hunnies...lol. The more fit ones a little harder to find....anyway, I digress.

Back to your wheels.... My friend, I beg you to prove me wrong then. I'd love to be able to say that your wheels fall into that 1% that actually look good.

But again, you spent over 20 grand on your car... and then less than 20 dollars on a paint job for your wheels? Doesnt make much sense. But, its your car, you do as you see fit, and I'll continue to have my opinion and a web board to express it on.
You are just making a broad generalization by saying rattle can jobs look like ****. Like in Express705's thread, which is what most members who don't powdercoat their rims choose to do, a rattle can job can look very good as long as proper time and prep are taken. Sand, layer down some primer, a good 3 or more coats of color, taking time to fix any imperfections, then laying down a couple coats of clear while making sure to fix any drips or anything of that nature and it will look just as good as getting your rims powdercoated for much less.

You assume that since it is the most expensive, it must be the best, which IMO, is just ****ing stupid.

Old 05-30-2009 | 03:48 AM
Finally guys! lol

4DGS Express's DIY is what inspired me to even think about painting my own rims so thanx for posting that up.

Im not saying rattle canning your rims is going to look amazing but if you take your time they will come out looking better then stock and that's all the op is trying to do.

Old 05-30-2009 | 08:50 AM
First of all, the OP NEVER said anything about rattle canning his wheels. He said he was going to powder coat them. Which I think looks awesome.

My problem is with those of you who think a rattle can job is equally as good as a powder coating or pro painting job. And thats not the case at all. It has nothing to do with me thinking the most expensive job is going to be the best; thats retarded and definitely not what Im saying at all. It has to do with what I've seen personally. Ive had countless friends in the past do all the steps you talk about, take all the time and prep work in the world, and guess what? In the end... the powder coating job or pro job ALWAYS looked better.

Even h23 said himself... "im not saying rattle canning your rims is going to look amazing but....." That right there shows that the job ISNT going to be the best. He is already back peddling and doubting his own work in comparison to a powder coating/pro job.

Now does that make sense or sound half @ssed? It may not look amazing? F that... if I put something on my car or do something to it (i dont know about you) but I want it to look amazing. I dont want a maybe, or might....

And btw.... amongst the "you're an @ss" and all that. No one has yet to produce any quality pictures of their oh so wonderful rattle can jobs. Im just sayin....

Old 05-30-2009 | 12:25 PM
|
well ill be getting mine done soon, i want them to come out like this

Old 05-30-2009 | 01:17 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Premier Member
Those wheels are hella sweet!! Is that a professional powder coat? I think that would look awesome on my LS w/sport rims. Definitely make me stand out. Any idea how much this costs??

Brandon, you've ruffled a lot of feathers it seems. I guess these guys don't know you put your life on the line to protect our freedom. Sigh.....

Old 05-30-2009 | 01:46 PM

And btw.... amongst the "you're an @ss" and all that. No one has yet to produce any quality pictures of their oh so wonderful rattle can jobs. Im just sayin....
You miss my post eh? Maybe I should quote myself.

Bluedream, I think those black wheels are painted, they don't look powder coated, could be wrong though.

Average powder coat is about 160-200 plus prep. Depends on how beat up the wheels are or the tint you go with.

I am probably going to paint my stock 17s just for the hell of it and post pics for brandon to judge, then get them powder coated gun metal

Old 05-30-2009 | 01:46 PM
brandon all i was saying was that im not going to spend $300 on powdercoating my rims for wat will eventually be my winter set up. $300 isn't worth it when i can easily save that money for rims i actually want to put on my car.

Old 05-30-2009 | 02:51 PM
seems like brandon just likes to argue. i think you just need to come to cali so we can find you some girls, then maybe you wouldnt act like such a dick. Sounds like youve had a little to much big girl love

Old 05-30-2009 | 02:52 PM
nothing wrong with being a chubby chaser, to each his own, just like my wheels :P

Old 05-30-2009 | 02:53 PM
hey guys big girls need loving too...........just not from me

Old 05-30-2009 | 02:58 PM

Oh no, no problems whatsoever pulling ladies here bud. Although, you must excuse the constant references I make to "large ladies" as this is the midwest and unfortunately the norm are the more rotund hunnies...lol. The more fit ones a little harder to find....anyway, I digress.

DONT WORRY BRANDON402 HAS THEM COVERED.

Last edited by BloodlineG; 05-30-2009 at 03:00 PM. Reason: forgot stuff

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: anyone have pictures of stock repainted rims? all colors welcome.