The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Finally got a chance...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2009 | 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by MJ-G35
^ Thanks man, well I'm up in the air about it. If I do it I'd really like to do coils, but who has like $1400 lying around? If I did I'd have my GReddy exhaust, not coils. lol
I might just do some Tein S-Tech springs.
Well now, think about something for a minute.... Why would you want coils? What about the coils makes you want/need them? The adjust ability? If so, why is that important? Way back in the day I purchased ground control coilovers for my old car, and i figured id lower the car and then raise it when I wanted. LOL... i NEVER raised the car from the original level i set it at. EVER...

So, all im saying is, get coils if you think you're going to actually use the full functionality of the coils, if not.... then just get springs. Im getting a set of tanabe nf210s on Tuesday myself. Decent enough drop to get rid of some of that fender well gap but not slammed at all.

Old 06-07-2009 | 03:45 PM
JBF
Matt I'm getting some coils soon. I might be able to make you a deal on my S-Techs.

Old 06-07-2009 | 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by BuckeyeInMI
Third, Nankang? Are those any good? I'm skeptical of a tire that's usually priced less than half of what a known good tire goes for. There are some cheap, I mean inexpensive, tires out there, but Nankang is usually the cheapest, I mean least expensive.
Just to chime in on this too...I bought my G35 in march and it had Nankang tires on it. They seem to be okay, however the tread block design seemingly means they are very susceptible to feathering and I have to flip my fronts very often (even after alignment). They can be noisy, and I look forward to replacing them with quality michelins or the like.

Old 06-07-2009 | 05:49 PM
|
Originally Posted by FinallyGotaG
Matt I'm getting some coils soon. I might be able to make you a deal on my S-Techs.
Thats cool John, which coils are you gonna get? How do you like the new set up, and how are things going in Texas?

Old 06-07-2009 | 05:51 PM
|
Originally Posted by 240driver39
Just to chime in on this too...I bought my G35 in march and it had Nankang tires on it. They seem to be okay, however the tread block design seemingly means they are very susceptible to feathering and I have to flip my fronts very often (even after alignment). They can be noisy, and I look forward to replacing them with quality michelins or the like.
Yea man I know what you mean, when I had my tires take off to do the rims I told them to flip all four they were pretty wore on the inside.

Old 06-07-2009 | 06:04 PM
Looks good u need to paint the calipers black now..

Old 06-07-2009 | 09:25 PM
|
^ Thanks man, I kinda like the contrast.

Old 06-07-2009 | 09:59 PM
Looks good.

Old 06-07-2009 | 10:10 PM
|
^ Thanks bro, means a lot.

Old 06-07-2009 | 11:02 PM
DROP!!!!!

Lmao, just messing with you man, i understand what you saying about the bad roads, and who doesnt like to be comfy when they are driving anyway. Looks good but a drop would look nice, but what ever makes you happy man.

Old 06-07-2009 | 11:20 PM
|
Originally Posted by dineth00i30
DROP!!!!!

Lmao, just messing with you man, i understand what you saying about the bad roads, and who doesnt like to be comfy when they are driving anyway. Looks good but a drop would look nice, but what ever makes you happy man.
Thanks man, I think I might have changed my mind. I might get the Tein S Tech set-up.

Old 06-07-2009 | 11:23 PM
|
Originally Posted by brandon402
Well now, think about something for a minute.... Why would you want coils? What about the coils makes you want/need them? The adjust ability? If so, why is that important? Way back in the day I purchased ground control coilovers for my old car, and i figured id lower the car and then raise it when I wanted. LOL... i NEVER raised the car from the original level i set it at. EVER...

So, all im saying is, get coils if you think you're going to actually use the full functionality of the coils, if not.... then just get springs. Im getting a set of tanabe nf210s on Tuesday myself. Decent enough drop to get rid of some of that fender well gap but not slammed at all.
My bad Brandon, I don't know how I missed your post. I don't need coils, thing is if I want something I want the best, thats why I have no real mods yet. I think I'm gonna go with the S-tech and spacers. Thanks for making me think about it though...

Old 06-07-2009 | 11:24 PM
I dont know how S-Techs ride on the G but, Stechs have really soft spring rates and drop the car too much so it might bottom out alot. Maybe you should do more research, but i am no G expert so hit the suspension section.

Old 06-07-2009 | 11:46 PM
|
I dont know how S-Techs ride on the G but, Stechs have really soft spring rates and drop the car too much so it might bottom out alot. Maybe you should do more research, but i am no G expert so hit the suspension section.
My buddy John (FinallyGotaG) has the Stechs on his 04. He said there nice, I'll ask him more about them. But thanks for the info.

Old 06-08-2009 | 12:06 AM
JBF
The S-Techs are a progressive rate spring. When not under load, they are softer than stock, giving a smoother ride. But the harder you push them, the stiffer they get.

I wasn't too low with them and I was able to keep a decent alignment with them as well.

If someone were to go with just a spring setup, I think that the S-Techs with a set of Tockico D-Spec shocks/struts would be money.

I have only bottomed out once and that was because I had 3 other adults in the car.

Matt, Dallas is great. I've only seen a few G's out here though. I think most of the G's out here aren't daily drivers though. I'm either getting BC's or Stance.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally got a chance...