G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Ways to customize my G35x

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 09:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ways to customize my G35x

hey everyone,

So I just bought a gray 2006 g35x about a month ago, and now interested in ways I could customize it. I dont think I want to go to crazy, but if anyone wants to help me with a couple a ways to get started that would be awsome. I'm getting the windows tinted this week, but after that I dont know where I should go. Any ideas/help is appreciated.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:27 PM
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Well, I honestly don't know how to answer your question. What do you want us to tell you? How to mod your car? Thats not gonna go well buddy, what you should do is, check out the picture gallaries and pick up the things that you like.

Think this way, If you want some performance, you can get intake manifold spacer, intake, catback. If you want cosmetic mods, you can get overlays, side markers, painted grill, painted headlighst etc.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:32 PM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
well you have the MOST obvious options out there aviable to you such as wheels and a stereo system.

i think that is the most general approach for these cars. There are engine mods but some feel the power level is pretty decent stock wise, but will be costly if you dont know how to do things yourself. Wheels and stereo system is much less set and forget, same with window tint. I would say those are the most common and best ways to start off.

Enjoy the car.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:44 AM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by chrisd245
hey everyone,

So I just bought a gray 2006 g35x about a month ago, and now interested in ways I could customize it. I dont think I want to go to crazy, but if anyone wants to help me with a couple a ways to get started that would be awsome. I'm getting the windows tinted this week, but after that I dont know where I should go. Any ideas/help is appreciated.
You need to decide what you want to do. If you want more power, there are multiple options including FI. If you want appearance changes, you can do wheels, drop the car, paint the grill and/or headlights, install LEDs everywhere, etc. If you want to track it, you can upgrade your brakes, engine components, whatnot. The G has numerous options for upgrades, although not all are available on the X. But until you decide what you want, nobody can really help you.

Personally, I like to keep it looking fairly stock, use OEM whenever possible, but still have more punch than a stock G. I've upgraded my intake tube, airbox, y-pipe, clear corners, and wheels with OEM components, and will do the same (mostly) with brakes and suspension.

And use the Search feature. There's only about 10 million threads dedicated to upgrades, including several stickies and FAQs.

Oh, welcome to the G club and the AWD club.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well I bought it fully loaded, so it comes with the navigation and bose sound. So as far as audio I'm good for now at least. And I'm not a big fan of painting/tinting the lights. So what I would like to do is dual exhaust(for sound and look), cold air intake( for look and performance), and yes wheels to get started. Also thinking about painting it orange,red,blue, then getting matching colored calipers. Any suggestions or thoughts please let me know. I'm new to this whole customizing thing so any responces are helpful. Thanks!

Old 06-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Received 161 Likes on 122 Posts
There's an OEM front lip that looks pretty good on these cars. Look for a pic of GEE35X's car; should be easy since it's his avatar, at least for now.