The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

First and last black car. Ugh

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 10:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SUPER20G
You can disable the need to push the clutch in on start up, and for the second part of the problem you can take the risk of leaving it in neutral with the parking brake on.
well of course you can disable the clutch switch. That takes nothing more than a piece of electrical tape and a lack of common sense.

2 rules for parking an MT that everyone learns or should learn immediatly are you set the parking brake and you put it in gear when parked.

no professional installer would ever put a remote start on an MT. The liability would be huge

Last edited by PTownG; 07-15-2009 at 10:54 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:02 AM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Dark colored G35s are a PIA to keep clean, it doesn't matter if it's OB or TB they get dusty easily. Never wash a car in the sun or when it's hot that will keep you from having water spots. Invest in a CA. Duster, they're only $10 at Target....follow the directions to the letter! If you have a garage that will help keep your car much cleaner and cooler. I have two dusters, one for each hand.... and two synthetic chamois!
Gary

Last edited by gary c; 07-16-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:56 PM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
Originally Posted by EncoreCestMoi
Always liked black cars, never owned one until the G. For me black was a must when I set out to buy one. It's the only color for these cars IMO, they don't look right to me in other colors.

Notice I said IMO and to me. Personal opinion don't flame.

That being said, what a PIA black is. Dust covers it driving around the block, washing it in the sun leaves water spots etched in faster than you can dry it and what a freakin hotbox this car is, even with 20% tint all around.

It has been hovering just over and just under 100 here for the past week and the car is a sauna. takes a good 10 or 15 minutes to cool it down to comfortable with the ac maxed and a quick 5 minute park and dash into a store come back out and it's already baking inside again.

Oye never again.

I love black

Never wash in direct sunlight!! Black can get to as hot as 200 degrees in direct sunlight.

I leave my car in direct sunlight when I go to school and when I get back its hot but open all the windows AC on high and its cool within minutes. Its not as bad as I thought it would be.

Old 07-18-2009, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by thescreensavers
Never wash in direct sunlight!! Black can get to as hot as 200 degrees in direct sunlight.
Yeah I figured that out. After I even waxed it with meguires cleaner wax I can still see the outlines of the spots. Gonna have to go with a polishing compound to make it right.

Old 07-19-2009, 12:50 AM
Originally Posted by Frankieg35
That's why I love my remote start..I come out when it's hott and my car is cold..in the winter my car is warm when I get in it..best mod by far..lol..I hate the black to but there is nothing better when it's detailed..
i didnt know people think like me, i do that for winter and summer. remote start it and then get in the car like 5 minutes later, its cool...

Old 07-19-2009, 12:54 AM
Originally Posted by NoHomo
I've had plenty of remote starts with a MT... just when its installed the wire for the clutch engagement is disengaged. The car will move in gear but from what i know it stalls out because the cultch is out not in... Its perfectly fine as long as you don't leave it in gear and put the e-brake on.

Story about remote start if you care: So me and my buddy are working on my S14...I'm trying to bolt my downpipe up to my exhaust. I'm under the car and have the from part of the car on jacks. I leave my keys next to a seat in the garage and my friends wife comes out with his 14 month old daughter and she lets her walk around. She picks up my keys and hits the start button(which you have to press twice/hard by the way) and i hear the car click and start to turn over...i shot out from under that car so ****ing quick...thank god it was in neutral or i wouldn't be typing this now...
hahahahhahah!!!
that would be funny tho, to watch.. not being u...
lol...
but yeah, my friend had the remote start in his mt, he forgot he left it in gear, and once it start it rolls. lol i think it was an acura tl