The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

whats your thought process?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 04:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whats your thought process?

This site has been an excellent source of info...amazing amount of modified cars and great work by everyone! here's the question though....thought of it while talking with a custom audio shop

for those of you who have highly modded g35's and use as a daily driver....is it worth all the mods if it isn't going to be a show car?

I got quoted a few thousand on an audio system and ready to set it up now! just don't know if its pointless that this isn't for show

Old 07-30-2009, 04:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you are paying the money for high quality audio components and supporting technology, then yes it is worth it if you have any type of an ear for sound quality.

If you are paying for unnecessary I.C.E. and monitors and screens and an overload of speakers when you really don't need that many, than I would have to say, no it's not worth it

Old 07-30-2009, 05:55 PM
Received 232 Likes on 183 Posts
Originally Posted by visibiliti
If you are paying the money for high quality audio components and supporting technology, then yes it is worth it if you have any type of an ear for sound quality.

If you are paying for unnecessary I.C.E. and monitors and screens and an overload of speakers when you really don't need that many, than I would have to say, no it's not worth it
+1

My G isn't modded yet but it's due to lack of time and cashflow (Army salaries aren't quite what I made in L.A. and Vegas), but all the cars I've had in the past with whatever amount of work done to them were daily drivers and the modifications were done for me and me alone (aside from those I thought might help me get laid, which still was done for me).

Do what you want to do to your car because it will make you happy, don't overestimate what you might need, think about daily use and pros and cons and go from there. A great audio system, by the way, CAN be simple (although rarely cheap). All you really need for you - the driver - is a good source unit, decent separates up front, a good sub or two, and amps/signal processing to power and tweak it all. Rear fill and screens in headrests with our tiny *** backseats (if you have a coupe anyway) looks fine on paper but why bother, imo. Oh, and a cheap TomTom can easily replace that huge touch screen navi system if you find a decent clean output head unit that you like (still love my old Pioneer DEH P9R), plus you can still hide all your sh*t when you're parked that way.