G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

2004 G35 Coupe Mechanical Problems HELP Needed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 09:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2004 G35 Coupe Mechanical Problems HELP Needed

Hi Guys,

aright.. im looking for a little informative feedback from this thread...

I have a 2004 Infiniti G35 6MT ...I have been running into problems and are begining to alert me..
So I ask you guys in here if anyone else is expericiecing the same or have experienced the same.
Basically a Diagnosis and Solution...

3 Problems....

1. Burning Oil.. Went to get an oil change 3 weeks ago.. mechanic drained the oil and there was less than a quart in there.
No clue what is causing it and how it begin. 2 weeks after filling up the oil, Im beginig to notice that the oil level is Aready begining to decline.

2. Gas gauge is 100% completely off at alll times. When I say off i mean it is giving me faulty readings non stop, im basically being forced to track my KM instead.
Go to fill up the tank and it will not even hesistate to give me a half tank reading...

3. This one seems kinda scary.. When I change my gears, I notice a 2 second lag in the engine before the car actually begins to boost. It was never like this, before you could jsut tap the gas and the car would fly, now it wont. I sometimes hear a squick squeel from the Belt? I assume its the belt, but could it have something to do with this?

things they may be an issue... im due for a transmission flush? radiator flush? fuel line flush? I dont think im in for anythign else.. i re-oiled my K&N filter, and got my rear diff fluid changed.. so really i have no idea how to fix these things or what the problems could be..

SOMEONE HELP !!! Thanks...

Old 08-27-2009, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by Reezlah
Hi Guys,

I have a 2004 Infiniti G35 6MT

3. This one seems kinda scary.. When I change my gears, I notice a 2 second lag in the engine before the car actually begins to boost. It was never like this, before you could jsut tap the gas and the car would fly, now it wont. I sometimes hear a squick squeel from the Belt? I assume its the belt, but could it have something to do with this?

SOMEONE HELP !!! Thanks...
Boost? Is it turbo? Or do you mean before it starts pulling hard?

Second, If you have a manual transmission and you're in the powerband, there should be no lag in the the acceleration in at least the bottom few gears. Does the engine rev up and the car lags, or does the engine itself lag.

Might be an alternator bearing or the alternator, if it's going bad the car might not have enough electrical power under a heavy load, and slip the belt.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:49 AM
No its not a turbo, and Ye i think its the ngine intself. unless im in like 3k+ rpms it will lag back.. as opposed to before i would be able to pick up speed immediately if i floored it at lets say 2nd gear @ about 2k+ rpm. so really i have no idea.. i thot maybe i would need to do a fuel line flush maybe? would that help?
or could it be the engine oil burning problem?..like wtf is this **** going on u kno...

ps.. this is my G..

Attached Thumbnails 2004 G35 Coupe Mechanical Problems HELP Needed-new-g35-pic8edit.jpg  
Old 08-27-2009, 11:12 AM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
did you just buy this G35? Seems like a whole bunch of problems at all the same time. I'd go crazy if all these things happened all at once.

The "turbo-like" lag may be from re-oiling your filter that may have gotten to your MAF sensor. You'll need some non-residue electronic contact cleaner which you can get at radioshack. Also, that oil may have gotten to the throttle body as well and needs cleaning as well.

A warranty will help with the oil consumption since it seems to be popular with these cars. There's nothing much you can do there.

I'm not certain with the fuel gauge, it could be a floater or the whole fuel pump assembly issue which you might be able to access by removing the rear seat. G/L

Last edited by Deezflip; 08-27-2009 at 11:18 AM.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:19 AM
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Have you checked all of your belts to make sure they're not slipping or cracking bad?

Old 08-27-2009, 11:24 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
***Watching***

Old 08-27-2009, 04:37 PM
did you try to do ecu/throttle body reset?

Old 08-27-2009, 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by Reezlah
No its not a turbo, and Ye i think its the ngine intself. unless im in like 3k+ rpms it will lag back.. as opposed to before i would be able to pick up speed immediately if i floored it at lets say 2nd gear @ about 2k+ rpm. so really i have no idea.. i thot maybe i would need to do a fuel line flush maybe? would that help?
or could it be the engine oil burning problem?..like wtf is this **** going on u kno...

ps.. this is my G..
Clutch release....throw out bearing....hard to say until you open 'er up.