The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

I have a Question for all members!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 08:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm no doctor, but why does a head injury give you a desire to write and type in orange?
And your reading just about every other post on the forum in black any way.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by OCG35
pull the staples out - maybe you'll be able to type in black.
Not time yet andif i pulled them out it might not end so well, lets get back on topic

Old 09-09-2009, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by mjgonegm
You won't with proper aiming, but iirc most of the non Factory HID's have projectors. and besides the factory use to do on some cars that just used a glare shield on the bulb
There is a reason halogen bulbs are put into reflector housing. HID bulbs produce insane amounts of glare when put into reflector housing with NO CUT OFF to prevent others from being blinded.

You can aim all you want, you're still blinding everyone else.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by PublicEnemy
There is a reason halogen bulbs are put into reflector housing. HID bulbs produce insane amounts of glare when put into reflector housing with NO CUT OFF to prevent others from being blinded.

You can aim all you want, you're still blinding everyone else.
Why are you still arguing this? it does not even apply to G's

But in either case Hid's and certain housings can work and FAIL big time, but to say you will will blind everyone is a blank statement.

And I don't think you understand ''cut-off'' Every headlamp has an cut-off, Projector however produce the best cut-off and light beam.

HID's in reflector housings can work without blinding everyone with tweaking, i have installed them in cars many times, and in my two personal cars. one with projectors and one with reflectors.

Infact let me show you a picture...... Which is which?

Old 09-09-2009, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by mjgonegm
Why are you still arguing this? it does not even apply to G's

But in either case Hid's and certain housings can work and FAIL big time, but to say you will will blind everyone is a blank statement.

And I don't think you understand ''cut-off'' Every headlamp has an cut-off, Projector however produce the best cut-off and light beam.

HID's in reflector housings can work without blinding everyone with tweaking, i have installed them in cars many times, and in my two personal cars. one with projectors and one with reflectors.

Infact let me show you a picture...... Which is which?
Exactly. You see that fading upward? That's blinding everyone else. There's a reason they are illegal to install. I say "blinding everyone", because you are. Halogen reflector housing is designed for, wow, you guessed it, halogen bulbs. You posted two pictures, one showing either reflector housing with an HID bulb, or the cheapest projector crap ever known to man. The second picture you posted was a waste of bandwidth.

Of course I understand "cut-off", it's self-explanatory. It is where the light "CUTS OFF". Halogen reflector housing does not cut off the light output, it is (in most cars) simply aimed downward and the light disapates.

And the "doesn't even apply to Gs?" Why are you offering a group buy, for HIDs, on a G35 forum then?

I reiterate my previous point, if you don't have projectors in your headlight housing, don't blind the rest of the world with HIDs. Be considerate of others on the road.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by PublicEnemy
Exactly. You see that fading upward? That's blinding everyone else. There's a reason they are illegal to install. I say "blinding everyone", because you are. Halogen reflector housing is designed for, wow, you guessed it, halogen bulbs. You posted two pictures, one showing either reflector housing with an HID bulb, or the cheapest projector crap ever known to man. The second picture you posted was a waste of bandwidth.

I said it wasn't perfect but it provides a decent cutoff not to blind people, and in that picture the car is higher than the street. Next it won't blind people unless they directly coming toward you. if you look on either side of the beam there is a dip to prevent that. A second picture ??

Of course I understand "cut-off", it's self-explanatory. It is where the light "CUTS OFF". Halogen reflector housing does not cut off the light output, it is (in most cars) simply aimed downward and the light dissipates.

Good

And the "doesn't even apply to Gs?" Why are you offering a group buy, for HIDs, on a G35 forum then?

The G35's are headlights are designed for them

I reiterate my previous point, if you don't have projectors in your headlight housing, don't blind the rest of the world with HIDs. Be considerate of others on the road.
I'm sure if i was i would have been flashed or pulled over hundreds of times
read in the quote

Last edited by mjgonegm; 09-09-2009 at 09:48 PM.