The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Got my loan approved!! Please help me choose my G under $30k!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 09:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Got my loan approved!! Please help me choose my G under $30k!

Sorry for all the posts but it's getting cold and I'm riding a BICYCLE!
Dangerous and no way to pickup women my age. lol

Anyway, I don't know much about the different G models(2006/2007/2008). There maybe issues with some that I should know about and things to look out for. Wish I did this before I got my Celica. Great car, but had a known oil consumption problem.

Here are the facts:

Coupe baby!!

Would love to spend under $25k if I could but $27k is ok and $30k is doable IF I really feel I'm getting something that is REALLY worth the extra cash.

Handling is big for me

Want manual transmition

Would love navigation with rear camera

Sunroof is cool

Fuel economy would be nice, but I know this aint no Celica

Now I think you know where I stand. Now what I have found:

For my price range it looks like G37 is only a dream(may not be a big loss anyway?)

Looks like not many 2007 models out there

Looks like 2006 with 35,000 miles for about $22,000, is the best I can expect.

Please tell me stuff like "dude don't waste your money on 07', 06' is faster and all the 07' has is a cheap solar powered microwave oven that only works at 12PM on sunny days!". Well....only if it's actually true. lol

So excited!!

Old 09-30-2009, 09:12 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Go on the My350z.com site and there are fully built cars for sale...Specifically a 2003 350z...You will see it..

Old 09-30-2009, 11:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03s and 04s are pretty much the same looks wise.
05s have the minor interior changes, but in reality, they make a big difference. I mean the gauges looks awesome compared to 03/04. The steering wheel has a few button changes, and the center console looks more refined.
06s have all the above, but the new head and tail lights, which I also think look awesome compared to 03/04/05.
07s I dunno...much about the changes but get it for a good price...cause it's newest?

and...watch out for known oil consumption problems for some of the newer models, I said SOME....and drive a couple of MT gs first, or else you might be scammed into buying one with a dying clutch

Old 09-30-2009, 11:36 PM
oh you should look into the REVUP models if you want the go with your show, again, I dunno if that makes a big difference. Gs aren't that fast stock btw, but they're satisfying. 0-60 in approx. 5.4?

and enjoy the car when you get it, I mean, look at that @ss

Old 10-01-2009, 12:02 AM
Rev-up engines (05-06) are known to have oil consumption problems. I've had my car for over a year and the engine seems to be doing well so far.

06's and up have revised tails and projector headlights. 05's and up also have a revised interior I believe. Check out infinitihelp.com, I'm pretty sure that it has model changes for each year

Old 10-01-2009, 01:48 AM
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by deeznutts23
Go on the My350z.com site and there are fully built cars for sale...Specifically a 2003 350z...You will see it..
Close, honestly I was in your shoes spring time last year. I know EXACTLY how you feel.

If I could go back and do it all over again, knowing what I know now, I would search these forums and find a car that's built and done by one of these big time shops (Sound Performance, Forged, GTM etc) where its already boosted but good enough to be a daily driver....

With the recession going on, you can get a car that would normally sell for 45-50 under 30K and either keep it, or part it out and pocket 15-20K for yourself....

just a thought

Worst case, if you go back to stock, half your car note's already paid up anyway.

That's just me

Old 10-01-2009, 01:51 AM
craigslist is you friend...

Old 10-01-2009, 05:51 AM
Woah.....show me the way! Where can I find these screamig deals. lol

Originally Posted by tiguy99
With the recession going on, you can get a car that would normally sell for 45-50 under 30K and either keep it, or part it out and pocket 15-20K for yourself....

just a thought

Worst case, if you go back to stock, half your car note's already paid up anyway.

That's just me

Old 10-01-2009, 07:48 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
In your position, I would get an 06 with low miles and an extended warranty program. This will protect you from any possible oil consumption issues. Also you can get the vin of any infiniti and have you dealer run an infini-check on it. It will tell you anything about the claimed repair collision history and what kind of service life it had basically.

The 06's have a lot of nice updates. A sport model would be nice because of the nicer front bumper and side skirts, but a regular model with the 6mt is just as nice really.

Finding a modded Z/G is also a good bargain, but just be cautious. Modded cars can be tricky to buy and have a lot of hidden issues that will cost you extra money you may not be prepared for right away. If you go this route, I'd suggest investigating any claims of where the work was done and then checking with those facilities to see if they have anything they noticed about how the owner treated the car. It is usually not a good sign if a car has been to a lot of different shops because the ol'saying of "too many hands in the kitchen" can really bite you in the ***. Documentation on a modified car should be in excess as well, just to be honest.

So good luck and remember, if you feel iffy about while looking at it and test driving it, it is usually for a good reason...buy something that makes you happy.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:49 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
honestly just cuz you have $30k to spend doesnt mean you have to spend the full amount.

Id find an 06 maybe an 07 and go from there

remember you can add navi,backup camera, and blue tooth for around $1000 if you wanna go aftermarket

Old 10-01-2009, 08:51 AM
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
You can buy mine. It already has the new engine from Infiniti, so you don't have to worry about the OC tests.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:29 AM
Cousin says "You don't need no big old G, get a Maxima or WRX!"

My cousin says "You don't need no big old G, get a Maxima or WRX!". He drives a 2 year old VW GTI. It handles really well and with the chip in there it's pretty quick. I think just over 200HP. Now if I were in my lower 20s or still stuggling to make ends meet like I was 6 years ago, then the GTI or the Civic Si would actually look quite attractive me. I'm however a bit older and although not rich can't complain about the finances right now, so I want something a bit nicer. I've been in my $10k Celica since 2006 so I'm ready to move up to a nice car that I don't have to abuse just to get some acceleration out of it. That by the way was my biggest reason for looking at the G. I loved my Celica, but with 118,000 miles and all the high revving I was doing to push it, didn't seem like I would have it much longer(FYI...it disappeared from it's parking spot a few months ago. ). So I wanted something something with good styling like the Celica but much more power and that I could keep for 10 or more years.

So anyway...is my cousin just jealous??

NOTE: I do realize the conflict of interest asking this question here. Clearly there are a FEW G lovers in here! Can I get an Amen?

Old 10-01-2009, 12:19 PM
SIETESG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
a new 09 wrx is a good buy. 265 hp 5 spd manual and good gas mileage. also has racing bucket seats. co-worker just bought one and honestly I would trade in my G for one.

Old 10-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by visualfxpro
Woah.....show me the way! Where can I find these screamig deals. lol
No prob bro. I'm actually in the process of getting my car ready for F.I next year. Gathering parts and preparing for the build is going to cost $$$$ so I'm working on a plan to help alleviate that somewhat.

If I could go back I'd done it in reverse like I posted ^ ^.

Here's one example (car is listed @ 25K local sale...mint with Greddy TT kit, built motor (mid 500whp) & ton of upgrades like big brake kit, coilovers etc)

http://www.chicagoz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22513

There are plenty more. Just have to keep searching the forums & check out the F.I (Forced Induction) sections often

Old 10-01-2009, 03:11 PM
for $30,000 u might be able to get a G37, for example..

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-car...-virginia.html

if you want to spend less than an 06 is the way to go since it has all the upgrades, you can probably find one for around $22,000 with low/decent miles

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got my loan approved!! Please help me choose my G under $30k!