G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   The G-Spot (https://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot-185/)
-   -   Rattling noise by passenger side (https://g35driver.com/forums/g-spot/315725-rattling-noise-passenger-side.html)

pch316 11-19-2009 10:59 PM

Rattling noise by passenger side

Hi everyone recently I had a rattling noise by passenger side dashboard as I am traveling at the speed of 65-70pm. Today I had a friend of mine sitting at the passenger side and I did not notice anymore rattling. I was wondering if the rattling was actually comming from the passenger seat since I did not hear the rattling anymore. Have anyone ever experience this same situation? And is it possible to have the seats to rattle? Also is there any adjustments that I can do with the seats? I greatly appreciate everyone's comment. Thanks.

marcinr 11-20-2009 03:49 PM

It's hard to isolate rattles, since the sound can bounce from pretty much anywhere. Two common right side rattles that I've discovered are the seatbelt buckle rattling against the B pillar and the glovebox door rattling a little bit against the lock.

OCG35 11-20-2009 06:11 PM

I had a ticking noise coming fro driver side dash (gauge cluster) that has since gone away...

I know your noise is coming from a different area - but the response that I got might be of help to you.

Here is the thread:
https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-...ound-dash.html

Also, there is a TSB for what could be you issue (it wasn't mine though) its #ITB06-012 (fuel pressure regulator).

Bruin003 11-20-2009 09:40 PM

When I took my car into the dealer last year...I think they just hosed the inside down w/ wd40 or some kind of oil...it was a quick fix...bastards

pfarmer 11-21-2009 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by pch316 (Post 4708448)
Hi everyone recently I had a rattling noise by passenger side dashboard as I am traveling at the speed of 65-70pm. Today I had a friend of mine sitting at the passenger side and I did not notice anymore rattling. I was wondering if the rattling was actually comming from the passenger seat since I did not hear the rattling anymore. Have anyone ever experience this same situation? And is it possible to have the seats to rattle? Also is there any adjustments that I can do with the seats? I greatly appreciate everyone's comment. Thanks.

There have been some reports of seat rattles between the back of the seat and the framing or the head rest. To see if the head rest just take it out (does it come out?) or change its postion.

pch316 11-21-2009 08:16 PM

Yestereday I took my car to Infiniti dealer and they told me I would have to bring the car back because they would have to spend the whole day to check the rattle and they had to take everything apart. Do you guys think I should go with that or just leave it. When I have radio on it's not that noticeable. But it gets little annoying sometimes. I don't want Infiniti to make things worse after they take things apart. Any suggestions please. Thanks.

pch316 11-26-2009 12:31 AM

hey guys I took my car to Infiniti last week regarding the problem I have they told me to bring it back and leave the car there the whole day. They probably would have to take everything apart to see where the rattle is comming from. Do you guys think it is a good idea for to do that. I don't want the chance of them making things worse when they take things apart. Thanks.

OCG35 11-26-2009 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by pch316 (Post 4718955)
hey guys I took my car to Infiniti last week regarding the problem I have they told me to bring it back and leave the car there the whole day. They probably would have to take everything apart to see where the rattle is comming from. Do you guys think it is a good idea for to do that. I don't want the chance of them making things worse when they take things apart. Thanks.

Wewl, yur palm palms myght beh gehtyngh endawweghy

jhushhhhhht (hhhh this is the "lisssspp part") thhhit ohnnnit - thenitz fast

umm... I think thta right?... ritgh?

OCG35 11-26-2009 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by ocg35 (Post 4719048)
wewl, yur palm palms myght beh gehtyngh endawweghy

jhushhhhhht (hhhh this is the "lisssspp part") thhhit ohnnnit - thenitz fast

umm... I think thta right?... Ritgh?

dont waste space with stoooooooopid post!

Blue Lion 11-26-2009 04:29 AM

Is your car a coupe or sedan?
What year?
My 07 coupe had a rattle in the right door speaker. After 3 tries, replacing the speaker and then the door panel itself I think the dealer has it fixed.
My AC vent to the left of the steering wheel vibrates when I come to a stop sometimes, so check that on that side also. If you have a friend just hold it the noise may go away.

BlueDevilBAMF 11-26-2009 05:23 AM

If you don't want rattles don't buy a G35

SxSkyLinexS 11-26-2009 05:32 AM

^ or just fix it, then u can have a G35 without rattles.