The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Rattling noise by passenger side

Old 11-19-2009, 10:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rattling noise by passenger side

Hi everyone recently I had a rattling noise by passenger side dashboard as I am traveling at the speed of 65-70pm. Today I had a friend of mine sitting at the passenger side and I did not notice anymore rattling. I was wondering if the rattling was actually comming from the passenger seat since I did not hear the rattling anymore. Have anyone ever experience this same situation? And is it possible to have the seats to rattle? Also is there any adjustments that I can do with the seats? I greatly appreciate everyone's comment. Thanks.

Old 11-20-2009, 03:49 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
It's hard to isolate rattles, since the sound can bounce from pretty much anywhere. Two common right side rattles that I've discovered are the seatbelt buckle rattling against the B pillar and the glovebox door rattling a little bit against the lock.

Old 11-20-2009, 06:11 PM
Received 148 Likes on 106 Posts
I had a ticking noise coming fro driver side dash (gauge cluster) that has since gone away...

I know your noise is coming from a different area - but the response that I got might be of help to you.

Here is the thread:
https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-...ound-dash.html

Also, there is a TSB for what could be you issue (it wasn't mine though) its #ITB06-012 (fuel pressure regulator).

Old 11-20-2009, 09:40 PM
When I took my car into the dealer last year...I think they just hosed the inside down w/ wd40 or some kind of oil...it was a quick fix...bastards

Old 11-21-2009, 06:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pch316 View Post
Hi everyone recently I had a rattling noise by passenger side dashboard as I am traveling at the speed of 65-70pm. Today I had a friend of mine sitting at the passenger side and I did not notice anymore rattling. I was wondering if the rattling was actually comming from the passenger seat since I did not hear the rattling anymore. Have anyone ever experience this same situation? And is it possible to have the seats to rattle? Also is there any adjustments that I can do with the seats? I greatly appreciate everyone's comment. Thanks.
There have been some reports of seat rattles between the back of the seat and the framing or the head rest. To see if the head rest just take it out (does it come out?) or change its postion.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:16 PM
Yestereday I took my car to Infiniti dealer and they told me I would have to bring the car back because they would have to spend the whole day to check the rattle and they had to take everything apart. Do you guys think I should go with that or just leave it. When I have radio on it's not that noticeable. But it gets little annoying sometimes. I don't want Infiniti to make things worse after they take things apart. Any suggestions please. Thanks.

Old 11-26-2009, 12:31 AM
hey guys I took my car to Infiniti last week regarding the problem I have they told me to bring it back and leave the car there the whole day. They probably would have to take everything apart to see where the rattle is comming from. Do you guys think it is a good idea for to do that. I don't want the chance of them making things worse when they take things apart. Thanks.

Old 11-26-2009, 01:51 AM
Originally Posted by pch316 View Post
hey guys I took my car to Infiniti last week regarding the problem I have they told me to bring it back and leave the car there the whole day. They probably would have to take everything apart to see where the rattle is comming from. Do you guys think it is a good idea for to do that. I don't want the chance of them making things worse when they take things apart. Thanks.
Wewl, yur palm palms myght beh gehtyngh endawweghy

jhushhhhhht (hhhh this is the "lisssspp part") thhhit ohnnnit - thenitz fast

umm... I think thta right?... ritgh?

Old 11-26-2009, 01:53 AM
Originally Posted by ocg35 View Post
wewl, yur palm palms myght beh gehtyngh endawweghy

jhushhhhhht (hhhh this is the "lisssspp part") thhhit ohnnnit - thenitz fast

umm... I think thta right?... Ritgh?
dont waste space with stoooooooopid post!

Old 11-26-2009, 04:29 AM
Is your car a coupe or sedan?
What year?
My 07 coupe had a rattle in the right door speaker. After 3 tries, replacing the speaker and then the door panel itself I think the dealer has it fixed.
My AC vent to the left of the steering wheel vibrates when I come to a stop sometimes, so check that on that side also. If you have a friend just hold it the noise may go away.

Old 11-26-2009, 05:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you don't want rattles don't buy a G35

Old 11-26-2009, 05:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ or just fix it, then u can have a G35 without rattles.