The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

why coupe, not sedan?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 09:47 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
oh boy ! another coupe vs sedan thread!!!

we don't have enough of those

Old 02-20-2010, 11:11 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
To the guy who said coupes are sexier..

Ehh sometimes.. Theres a butt load of ugly *** coupes.. lots of sedans that are sexier than coupes.. Like this guy who posted above me^

Old 02-20-2010, 11:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by officerdbag
To the guy who said coupes are sexier..

Ehh sometimes.. Theres a butt load of ugly *** coupes.. lots of sedans that are sexier than coupes.. Like this guy who posted above me^
Just my opinion but it takes a lot more to make the sedan look sexy than it does a coupe.

A coupe with oem rays 19's really just needs a drop and a gialla grill. Oh and it needs to be black but that should go without saying.

Old 02-21-2010, 02:16 AM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Originally Posted by Jairen
It's the "I'm better than you cause I have 2 more doors" attitude (read the other coupe vs sedan threads). The car world suck if it was your way and every car had 4 doors.

As I stated in an earlier post, I don't need or wanted another sedan. I went with a coupe cause I already have a GS300 and a Honda Pilot as I stated in my other post. A coupe was a nice addition. I also couldn't find an IP 6MT sedan at that time.

The small weight advantage of the sedan is also blown out of proportion. The 50-100 pounds is going to feel "faster". Let alone, most G35 owners rarely even track their cars.

The whole coupe debate is such a useless debate. In the end we're all G35 owners.

Get what YOU need and what fits YOUR style whether it's a coupe or a sedan. We're blessed with choices.
I gotta stick up for the sedans, because i read so much of the "sedans are for old people" and "coupes get the ladies" and all that crap. It's like members who say they will never own a 4 door car until they are 90 ( a few in this thread. Again, why is a four door for old people? Who came up with that?). Then theirs the people who say the sedan doesnt look good. Maybe its just me, because i bought one and drive one every day, but i think it is a VERY good looking four door. I lines, and the taillights, and the bumper, it just looks really nice IMO even stock. There was one guy on here who said he'd drive a Camry over the G sedan. I read that and thought wtf. What is so wrong with the four door? Maybe it doesn't have as much JDM potential as the coupe, but wgaf. We live in NA anyways. Not Japan.

Then theres the people that always tell me that "They like the 2 doors a lot more, but mine is clean for a four door." That is basically like a slap in my face. I'm like "ok... thank you i guess." I just didn't feel like spending the extra money for a car that does everything worse than the one i'm currently looking at.

I love the two doors as much as the next guy, i really do, i just wish half their owners would give the sedans props like we give them.

I don't really care though. I love my car. It works for what i want to do with it and i personally think it looks really good. But thats just me. I plan on buying another one when i'm done with this one.

Sorry for my rant, thats just my observation. Nobody gives the sedan enough credit on any of the other forums i am on and i dont get why..

Whatever. Buy what you like.

Old 02-21-2010, 11:54 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
I gotta stick up for the sedans, because i read so much of the "sedans are for old people" and "coupes get the ladies" and all that crap. It's like members who say they will never own a 4 door car until they are 90 ( a few in this thread. Again, why is a four door for old people? Who came up with that?). Then theirs the people who say the sedan doesnt look good. Maybe its just me, because i bought one and drive one every day, but i think it is a VERY good looking four door. I lines, and the taillights, and the bumper, it just looks really nice IMO even stock. There was one guy on here who said he'd drive a Camry over the G sedan. I read that and thought wtf. What is so wrong with the four door? Maybe it doesn't have as much JDM potential as the coupe, but wgaf. We live in NA anyways. Not Japan.

Then theres the people that always tell me that "They like the 2 doors a lot more, but mine is clean for a four door." That is basically like a slap in my face. I'm like "ok... thank you i guess." I just didn't feel like spending the extra money for a car that does everything worse than the one i'm currently looking at.

I love the two doors as much as the next guy, i really do, i just wish half their owners would give the sedans props like we give them.

I don't really care though. I love my car. It works for what i want to do with it and i personally think it looks really good. But thats just me. I plan on buying another one when i'm done with this one.

Sorry for my rant, thats just my observation. Nobody gives the sedan enough credit on any of the other forums i am on and i dont get why..

Whatever. Buy what you like.

Good post. I never understood the "no 4-door until i'm old" thing either. I didn't know having 2 more doors disqualified you from any sort of youthful social status. I bought my first 4-door at 25 (05 Maxima)..never felt weird about it.

I wanted AWD for a daily driver, so that made the decision for me, but now even though the coupe comes with AWD, i'd prob stick with the sedan when i go trade in for a newer model...even if i go with a 6MT if i move to somewhere where it doesn't snow.

I'd love to own a coupe too. Would be nice if i could buy both and own both. I'd get a G37 6-spd coupe and a G37x sedan.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with you wannabe. I am 18 and own a coupe, but every time I look at the sedan it makes me want it more and more.

Why did people buy the coupe? Because it looks nice? I think people buy the coupe because it looks nice and because it preforms well. Unfortunately for me, I didn't know to much about the car when I first bought it. All I knew was the coupe is sportier, meaning looks more like a sports car and I thought it performed better then the sedan. I was wrong.

People who say they'd drive a Camary over a G sedan are just being ridiculous. Take a look at Marcus' : and G35papa's : sedan. Their sedans are much nicer then 95% of the coupes on this site.

Performance. Like I said earlier, I have a coupe. My friend has a 2006 sedan AWD. We did a bunch of runs stock to stock. I beat him a few times, he beat me a few times. The sedan is no slower then the coupe. The only thing that the coupe has over the sedan is the handling; but after you drop the sedan and put in sway bars, the sedan once again is just as good, if not better then the coupe with a drop and sways.

Finally, practicality. Lets face it, the coupe is not practical. Two doors with 4 seats. The two back seats are not realistic. I'm 5'11 and I can not have anyone sit behind me. Not even my sister's 12 year old friends. There just isn't enough room. Not only is it very uncomfortable for people to sit in the back of the car, it is equally uncomfortable for people to climb into the back of the car. Besides for only having 2 usable seats the stock coupe is awful in the rain and snow. The AWD sedan has no limits. The AWD system in the sedan is ideal for people who live in areas with changing seasons. I live in New Jersey, my house is 3 miles from the beach. In the summer I love my coupe, but in the winter I can not drive it. The g35 coupe is light and RWD and it does not handle well in any wet weather. The sedan is a smarter choice for anyone who lives in an area that is not 60+ degrees everyday.

With the knowledge I now have for the g35, I would buy a sedan over a coupe in a heartbeat. It is just as nice, it performs just as well, is more practical, and it is even a few thousand dollars cheaper then the coupe.

There is no reason for coupe people to bash the sedan people, these people who hate the sedan should specify why they hate the sedan, and not just say, "its ugly".

end rant

Last edited by HarrisonK; 02-21-2010 at 12:26 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:51 PM
sedans are for stoopidz

Old 02-21-2010, 01:34 PM
Received 535 Likes on 296 Posts
if i would get a sedan it wouldn't be the g35 not because there is something wrong with it but because there are better sedans out there

Old 02-21-2010, 01:44 PM
^^^ no ****! Every sedan is better... I have no idea why a single G sedan was ever sold - it just makes no sense... all those people don't know ****... they need to read this thread to learn how bad they phucked up... bunch of dummies

btw, which one should all these retards get instead anyway?

Old 02-21-2010, 01:46 PM
Received 535 Likes on 296 Posts
depends on what ur looking for in a sedan

Old 02-21-2010, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by eurodre
depends on what ur looking for in a sedan
the "better ones" that you mentioned...

Old 02-21-2010, 01:49 PM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by HarrisonK
Performance. Like I said earlier, I have a coupe. My friend has a 2006 sedan AWD. We did a bunch of runs stock to stock. I beat him a few times, he beat me a few times. The sedan is no slower then the coupe. The only thing that the coupe has over the sedan is the handling; but after you drop the sedan and put in sway bars, the sedan once again is just as good, if not better then the coupe with a drop and sways.
Sorry, but the Sedan is actually faster than a Coupe because it's lighter. You were racing against an AWD, which is heavier than a Coupe. RWD vs. RWD, the Sedan wins.

Personally, I think the Sedan is better looking than the Coupe, mostly because the Coupe looks terrible from the rear. Looks like some wild cat in heat with her **** up in the air waiting to get poked.

(Christ, my flame suit's at the dry cleaners!)

Old 02-21-2010, 01:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BuckeyeInMI
Sorry, but the Sedan is actually faster than a Coupe because it's lighter. You were racing against an AWD, which is heavier than a Coupe. RWD vs. RWD, the Sedan wins.

Personally, I think the Sedan is better looking than the Coupe, mostly because the Coupe looks terrible from the rear. Looks like some wild cat in heat with her **** up in the air waiting to get poked.

My bad.

Old 02-21-2010, 01:54 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
nah the coupe looks better from the rear. it looks better overall, im not gonna debate that..lol

i like that the sedan looks boring, makes it more surprising when it does something sporty..lol

i guess technically you could call the sedan faster, but you are talking about 38lbs or something, i doubt you would notice that in a race

any videos?

Old 02-21-2010, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by BuckeyeInMI

I was gonna comment on the AWD thing too... but since he was basically endorsing, I didnt want to create drama...

besides, sedans suck - especially G35... you must learn to accept this coupes dont have to be faster and they dont have to have a need for the pointless back seats... they are coupes and they are the right ones. There are no better coupes, but there are lots of better sedans... now say it with me

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: why coupe, not sedan?