Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 10:35 PM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
Hand wash is the only way

Old 02-28-2010, 12:58 AM
Received 168 Likes on 149 Posts
I always get hand wash if im getting my car washed.

Old 02-28-2010, 01:01 AM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Those car washes do more damage then hanging you up on the rails. Like a bunch of swirls and scratches in your paint? Keep using those washes.

Old 02-28-2010, 01:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+1 for hand wash.

Old 02-28-2010, 08:29 AM
Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
Those car washes do more damage then hanging you up on the rails. Like a bunch of swirls and scratches in your paint? Keep using those washes.
We have touchless carwashes with rails.

Old 02-28-2010, 10:47 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
I use the touchless carwash here...but I still prefer hand-washing when i can. Prob is when it's 20 degrees out...you can't really do that.

Old 02-28-2010, 11:11 AM
Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Exactly. Handwashing in 20 degree weather is pretty much impossible. The water freezes before you have time to dry it off. Besides, my complex doesn't leave the hose out in winter so I don't even have the luxury of washing it myself.

Old 02-28-2010, 11:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I always use touchless drive-in no rails. I just leave it a little damp wipe her down and hit it with some detailers solution and a little coverall action for the wheels and I'm in business! Perfect result everytime!!

Old 02-28-2010, 12:05 PM
-MN G Crew-

Originally Posted by FederalG
We have touchless carwashes with rails.
Those are just as bad as mechanical washes. They use extremely harsh chemicals that eat away any sealants, waxes, and eventually over time, your clear coat.
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
I use the touchless carwash here...but I still prefer hand-washing when i can. Prob is when it's 20 degrees out...you can't really do that.
Originally Posted by FederalG
Exactly. Handwashing in 20 degree weather is pretty much impossible. The water freezes before you have time to dry it off. Besides, my complex doesn't leave the hose out in winter so I don't even have the luxury of washing it myself.
Find yourself a good heated DIY carwash. Bring a bucket, a mitt, and a drying towel. Put the $2.00 in it requires, and go to town hosing off the whole car, underneath to get the salt, in the wheel wells, tires, etc. Make sure you add some water to your bucket as well.

Put the mitt in the bucket, get it nice and damp, and go to town on your car. Rinse the mitt often though (some guys do the two bucket method).

After your done. Put another $2.00 in and rinse the car completely. Get the entire thing, all the salt, etc. Once the timer is up, get a waterblade thing (some people dont use these, but i do.) and wipe off all the water. Get your drying towel and finish it up.

Bam. Your car looks better than ANY crappy car wash AND it wont be covered it halograms and **** the second you pull it into the sun.

I live in Fargo and Minneapolis, and even I have a heated DIY wash place at both of them. If they have one here, they are bound to have one where you live.

Just for the love of your expensive G35s, get them out of those crappy car washes.

Old 02-28-2010, 01:58 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
Find yourself a good heated DIY carwash. Bring a bucket, a mitt, and a drying towel. Put the $2.00 in it requires, and go to town hosing off the whole car, underneath to get the salt, in the wheel wells, tires, etc. Make sure you add some water to your bucket as well.

Put the mitt in the bucket, get it nice and damp, and go to town on your car. Rinse the mitt often though (some guys do the two bucket method).

After your done. Put another $2.00 in and rinse the car completely. Get the entire thing, all the salt, etc. Once the timer is up, get a waterblade thing (some people dont use these, but i do.) and wipe off all the water. Get your drying towel and finish it up.

Bam. Your car looks better than ANY crappy car wash AND it wont be covered it halograms and **** the second you pull it into the sun.

I live in Fargo and Minneapolis, and even I have a heated DIY wash place at both of them. If they have one here, they are bound to have one where you live.

Just for the love of your expensive G35s, get them out of those crappy car washes.

When i was single and in my late teens, early 20's, I used to do that. Didn't matter if it was 10 degrees outside i'd find a way to wash the car because it was important to me.

Now, I just don't have the time or desire. When spring comes around i'll get back to hand washing...but in the middle of the winter, it's either let the salt sit on the car for months...or touchless wash. Not ideal...but i'm done with the days of handwashing in the winter. Just too old

I wouldn't go as far to say it's not important to me however

Old 02-28-2010, 03:49 PM
oh the joys of owning a slammed car

Old 02-28-2010, 06:12 PM
Damn that sucks. Good to know for when I lower mine this spring.

Old 02-28-2010, 06:14 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Who takes there G to a car wash?

THAT is fail all by itself. Getting stuck is pure entertainment.

Old 02-28-2010, 11:47 PM
-MN G Crew-

Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
When i was single and in my late teens, early 20's, I used to do that. Didn't matter if it was 10 degrees outside i'd find a way to wash the car because it was important to me.

Now, I just don't have the time or desire. When spring comes around i'll get back to hand washing...but in the middle of the winter, it's either let the salt sit on the car for months...or touchless wash. Not ideal...but i'm done with the days of handwashing in the winter. Just too old

I wouldn't go as far to say it's not important to me however
I know a few older people that would agree with me. Never too old to properly take care of a car during the winter.

Old 03-01-2010, 02:19 AM
that sucks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: S-Techs + Waterway car wash = Fail