G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Owners without a local Infiniti Dealer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2010 | 04:00 PM
|
Owners without a local Infiniti Dealer

Looking for thoughts and opinions...

I am in the last couple of months of my lease. Still not decided on the next vehicle, however, I am leaning towards the G35X/37X Sport. One thing is keeping me from nailing things down... The lack of a local dealer for warranty issues. I will be buying new or CPO, so definitely within the factory warranty period. Closest dealer is 90 miles. The local Nissan dealer would be more than happy to fix any warranty issues I have, but they wont be covering the cost under warranty.

From what I understand, this vehicle has a decent track record, however, if something does go wrong, it'll mean a day off of work and a decent drive/tow to get the car serviced. I need insight from the experts.

Thanks for the help.

Old 04-16-2010 | 05:35 PM
I am 120 miles from 2 dealers and wondered about the same thing. I bought mine with 19k miles and 1 year old so it had a while for the warranty to still be valid. I only used it once for some small things and it was a pain to drive there before they closed, get a loaner and drive back just 1 day later to pick it up. 8 hours of driving for a small fix.

My wife and I just made a night of it each time and, thankfully I haven't had to use it anymore. I'm just over the 60k/4year expiration now and it's running great still. I'll take it locally if I need to now.

Old 04-16-2010 | 08:36 PM
|
Thanks man. Just what I wanted to hear. My other sources, even owners with competing vehicles, say that Lexus and Infiniti have outstanding quality/build history. I could live with letting a couple little things add up and hitting the dealer. Its the possible (although unlikely) vehicle crippling failure and tow fee I want to avoid. I probably will just suck-it-up and stop being such a nancy about what "might" happen.

Old 04-17-2010 | 05:19 AM
My nearest dealer is 150 miles away. When I bought my CPO there they said if the car isn't driveable due to a warranty issue, they'll come get it and bring me a loaner. They'll also do this for any recalls that might come up, but not for non-recall TSB's. Otherwise, they said we could probably arrange something where they meet me half way and charge me a small fee for it. I haven't had anything go wrong so far, and I don't really expect to. It might be a PITA if something happens, but it didn't stop me from buying the car. I wasn't going to settle for something only because I had a local dealer. I do have a Nissan dealer here, so I can get parts if I want to do stuff on my own.

Old 04-17-2010 | 11:05 AM
Nissan is actually better for normal service (cheaper) - so long as it's a decent dealer service department.

As for warranty - unless brand new, most warranty items have probably been addressed... and even as new there aren't enough warranty issues that I would worry about how close the dealer is (you may never need warranty work - but even if so, very rarely).