The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Extended warranty question...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 05:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Extended warranty question...

Hey everyone, I recently purchased a used G35 with the Infiniti Elite extended warranty. I filled out the paperwork to transfer it under my name, if I need warranty work done do I have to wait until I get a response?

Do I have to have my car serviced at an Infiniti/Nissan dealer as far as oil changes and general maintenance? Or can I DIY or bring it to a local mechanic?

Old 06-12-2010, 05:35 AM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
Not sure about the first question but

Yes you can DIY or bring it to a local mechanic. Just remember to keep records in case they ask you for it for a warranty repair if needed.

Old 06-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I really dont like extended warranties on anything but laptops

Odds are you wont even use it.

I put a side $100 a month for "in case" repairs....I have probably $2700, never had an issue

Old 06-14-2010, 08:01 AM
Originally Posted by blazeplacid
I really dont like extended warranties on anything but laptops

Odds are you wont even use it.

I put a side $100 a month for "in case" repairs....I have probably $2700, never had an issue
I'm glad I got my Infiniti Elite warranty. I've had to replace 2 window motors, 1 power lock motor and my radio headunit. All under 58k miles.

Old 06-14-2010, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by hwoody77
Hey everyone, I recently purchased a used G35 with the Infiniti Elite extended warranty. I filled out the paperwork to transfer it under my name, if I need warranty work done do I have to wait until I get a response?

Do I have to have my car serviced at an Infiniti/Nissan dealer as far as oil changes and general maintenance? Or can I DIY or bring it to a local mechanic?
I got the elite warranty transferred to my name from the previous owner. You can't do any warranty work until it transfers over. Also you have to wait another week or so for what they call a "grace period". The warranty usually takes forever to transfer so you should send that off as soon as you can. For oil changes you can do it yourself, but if you want to get major warranty work done like getting a new engine for the oil consumption issue it becomes a hassle. If you can't provide Infiniti with maintenance records they will tear down your engine to kept for sludge buildup. They do this because they say the owner maybe neglectful and not do frequent oil changes. If they find sludge then you owe them labor costs and you lose your warranty (mine would have been $780 for 6-8 hours), if they don't find any sludge then they will do your warranty work and won't charge you for the tear down or anything.

^I just went through all that, elite warranty saved me lol.

Oh and if the previous owner doesn't have any maintenance records, Infiniti might ask to do a tear down of the car to see if there's sludge buildup. Again, if they find sludge then they will void the warranty and not transfer it to your name.

Lol goodluck, sorry about the essay

Old 06-19-2010, 03:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The extended warranty paid for itself on my 04 G35 for seat rail repairs. Didn't on my used pickup before then.

So, overall, I've paid more on extended warranties than I saved on repairs. They wouldn't offer them if it was otherwise on average.