The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

noob need masters help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 11:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
noob need masters help!

so, I finally got a the car I dream for.. (06, white, coupe, complete OEM)
now, I am a complete mood noob, and I know you all get this kind of questions alot, I try to search for those answers before I post this, yea didnt find good answers. so can you all do little good by help me answer following few questions, and it will make my day and will make you feel good by helping others.

1. I want to lightly smoke both my tail light and head light, should I go for overlays or paint? I mean paint it is prob cheaper right? but painting it ruin the lamp, I mean you cant un-paint it. if i choose vinyl overlay, where do I get it from?
2. I want the kenstyle rear, I know the authentic one dont sell single kit. so how bad is it if i get an replica one? do you have any company you can suggest for some decent quality replica kits? or is anyone willing to split the authentic kit with me, or is anyone have one for sale?
3. I want to paint the wheel, badges, front grill gunmetal, or metallic, what do you think. does anyone have a pic similar to what i describe?
4. brembo breaks are so sweet,I mean the look wise, but yeah, i cant afford it, and I think the oem stops good. Plus i dont race. I found fake breambo covers on ebay, and they dont cost alot. I kno its stupid and ricy, but people paint their calipers, isnt it is ricy too? so im thinking about getting it. does anyone have it and got a suggestion? or if you dont have it, what do you think?

thank to whom ever replay, wish you walk out the door and find a stack of 100$ laying around your G, or a beautiful naked lady laying there, which ever you prefer...

thanks alot to whom ever reply`

Old 10-24-2010, 11:41 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
1. Overlays are actually most likely cheaper unless you have a paint hookup but don't look as nice. Search bluebat if you decide for overlays.

2. Not sure about this specific kit but pretty much everything that is being sold now are replicas and it usually just depends on what company you buy it from. But all pieces are pretty much going to need work.

3. There are definitely pictures of gunmetal oem rims, which rims do you have?

4. You will get flamed to hell for this, so if you decide to do it don't show anyone pictures or mention it. Painting your brakes black or silver is pretty acceptable by most people.

Old 10-25-2010, 12:07 AM
thanx.. the wheels im talking about is my oem wheels.

Old 10-25-2010, 12:15 AM
does anyone has kenstyle replica kit? where did you get it from? will u recomend it? thanx

Old 10-25-2010, 06:30 AM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by soysssauce
I found fake breambo covers on ebay, and they dont cost alot. I kno its stupid and ricy, but people paint their calipers, isnt it is ricy too?
Fake caliper covers..........

Painting the calipers isn't really rice. As long as they're not bright colors as to immitate a BBK. I think black would look best on IP.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I found fake breambo covers on ebay, and they dont cost alot. I kno its stupid and ricy, but people paint their calipers, isnt it is ricy too? so im thinking about getting it. does anyone have it and got a suggestion? or if you dont have it, what do you think?
Great. Nothing says poser like fake caliper covers.

PS. Your spelling and grammar is terrible.

Old 10-25-2010, 11:30 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Welcome to DRIVER Soy....=oD

Check our MARKETPLACE for your bumper/overlays under vendor exterior. Try doing a SEARCH for all other mods you intend to do, the answers to your questions are there. Painted grilles on IP coupes look great, for the rest of your emblems just remove them (debadge) for a much cleaner look. There are far better choices than a Kenstyle rear bumper, check what our vendor have available...
Gary

Old 10-25-2010, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by scrapiron7
Great. Nothing says poser like fake caliper covers.

PS. Your spelling and grammar is terrible.
haha, i kno. Im Chinese. half my life live in US and half my life lived in China, which give me a odd situation of know both languages, but ****ty at both languages.

Old 10-25-2010, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
Check our MARKETPLACE for your bumper/overlays under vendor exterior. Try doing a SEARCH for all other mods you intend to do, the answers to your questions are there. Painted grilles on IP coupes look great, for the rest of your emblems just remove them (debadge) for a much cleaner look. There are far better choices than a Kenstyle rear bumper, check what our vendor have available...
Gary

thanx. i checked there, can you tell me which company is reliable? body kit wise. ..

Old 10-25-2010, 12:11 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by herrschaft

Painting the calipers isn't really rice. As long as they're not bright colors as to immitate a BBK. I think black would look best on IP.
This is starting to get debatable, as much as I am against painting your stock ugly 2pots red to make them look bad ***. Volkswagens are coming with their ugly brakes painted red from the factory. Which I don't get.

OP, in my opinion. Before you dive into buying all these parts, just hang around the forum and learn everything you can. Modding a car is like cutting wood, measure twice, cut once. Don't make the mistake of buying parts that are no good.

Get into contact with Dustin@strafe, he can hook you up with body kits.

Old 10-25-2010, 12:21 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
Strafe or Arch industries

Old 10-25-2010, 12:39 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by herrschaft
Fake caliper covers..........
Painting calipers/rotors a dark color certainly looks way better than the rust you see on them if you don't. Fake caliper covers are a definate....don't do it!
thanx. i checked there, can you tell me which company is reliable? body kit wise. ..
I've done business with many of our vendors and have found them reliable and helpful. If you have a choice of either fiberglass or urethane always choose urethane, it's life expectancy if 500% longer than f/g. Urethane can take several hits but f/g is done with just one!
Gary

Old 10-25-2010, 12:46 PM
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts
everything
1st order of business should be saving up for springs or coilovers. No car looks good on stock suspension. Lower it... looks 1000x better. Next should be a nice set of wheels/tires. Nothing changes the look of a car more than aftermarket wheels.

1. A lot of guys pull their headlights apart and paint the insides and color match them to whatever color your car is. Looks the cleanest and best IMO.

2. Theres a ton of vendors here on the website that offer great deals on everything, search the private classifieds too. Theres always people selling things for awesome prices. Remember... you get what you pay for. Dont buy cheap parts, save for stuff that is gonna save you headaches and fit properly (especially when it comes to body parts)

3. Dont go crazy painting everything. Its an Infiniti, not a Honda. Subtle changes are the best. My suggestion is to browse the gallery of other members cars. You get a lot of good/clean ideas from them.

4. If youre gonna paint your calipers, paint them a color that doesnt stand out, black is probably the best if you want to get rid of the ugly rust color. I painted mine Platinum Graphite (Nissan code K51) it cleans them up but doesnt draw all kinds of unwanted attention like pointing and laughing. Fake caliper covers will definitely get you laughed at by most of the car community

Bottom line, parts for these cars are EXPENSIVE. You want a nice looking Infiniti that gets compliments and looks, you gotta be ready to shell out money on good/worthwhile parts.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:01 PM
thanx to all reply
so i bat blue is in my mind for light cover
and I scratch the idea of that caliper cover.
so body kit wise, strafe or arch? which company have better fitment? and can anyone who already got their product describe their fitment by out of 10...thanx.

Old 10-25-2010, 05:05 PM
Really Needs a Life
Received 177 Likes on 136 Posts
we both sell the same stuff.. its all about better pricing..

hence me telling you in PM i will beat any vendors price on here.. soooo you do the math

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: noob need masters help!