G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

G35driver Vendors Quality control...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 08:07 PM
Really Needs a Life
Received 177 Likes on 136 Posts
Originally Posted by Jackus
I can vouch for Dustin, he flew down to meet us. How many owners come out to see the crew that bought so much from him?
had to show my appreciation to your cars and community for everything. What better way than to take time out of my schedule and come kick it with ya'll..

Old 12-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
So what do u guys have to buy to have the man come fly down to u?? lol

Old 12-01-2010, 08:26 PM
Received 84 Likes on 77 Posts
I bought a widebody :P

Old 12-01-2010, 08:28 PM
Haha.. I know that.. Im saying all u guys.. How much stuff u get from him??

Old 12-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Received 84 Likes on 77 Posts
Uhmmm we had 3 group buys already, and then all the stuff that people bought outside of the group buys previously.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator
Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Dustin@StrafeAutomotive
business liscenses, fed tax id, sellers permit, etc.. should be minimum to be on this site..
I agree completely... I know what its like trying to drum up business on my local forum. Competing against the guy who does it all for cash (tax free) in his garage, as I am in a nice building, paying taxes, business license and so forth... Its total bull sheit...

you'd be surprised who has this info and who doesnt
Not really, I am sure there are quite a few here that are doing it all under the table...

****ALSO****

I think there should be some type of grading system to the Sponsors. The ones that don't reply to emails/pm's in a day or two should receive a strike. And they should be accountable for their business conduct. Then you know the minute you start dealings with them that they are an A rate sponsor, or even a C or D rate... Actually, there should not even be a D Rating. At that point they should no longer be allowed to be a Sponsor.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:48 AM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
business liscenses, fed tax id, sellers permit, etc.. should be minimum to be on this site..
That's kind of hard though Dustin. We have Sponsors/Vendors like Shane, Randy, Fanyan etc. That do custom **** and DON'T have a vendors permit, if we were to enforce that, we would be pushing those guys out.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator
Your right, and thats hard when its a friend. But I pay my taxes, you pay yours (I hope) and if your in business advertising and doing work for others you should be licensed and paying taxes as well.... If your not, thats tax evasion and a federal crime.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:08 AM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
^Vendor fees are so high, I bet a few of them barely break even :/
That's got to look great on a tax return.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:18 AM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by Kuneff
I agree completely... I know what its like trying to drum up business on my local forum. Competing against the guy who does it all for cash (tax free) in his garage, as I am in a nice building, paying taxes, business license and so forth... Its total bull sheit...

Not really, I am sure there are quite a few here that are doing it all under the table...

****ALSO****

I think there should be some type of grading system to the Sponsors. The ones that don't reply to emails/pm's in a day or two should receive a strike. And they should be accountable for their business conduct. Then you know the minute you start dealings with them that they are an A rate sponsor, or even a C or D rate... Actually, there should not even be a D Rating. At that point they should no longer be allowed to be a Sponsor.
To my knowledge, at least in California, all businesses must have a reseller's certificate or something. Only way to get products from a distributor/warehouse is to provide that information. You can probably only do so much under the table but when it comes to filing taxes, those companies file as well so it's a bit difficult to do everything under the table and not charge any taxes. I'm not trying to back anyone up, just saying.

*edit: I never thought about it the way Blain just mentioned. What I was referring to was a personal business with a bunch of accounts. Sean makes products himself...or gets it done by someone. Whatever it is, it's specialized. Basically only the people on the forums know about his product. A lil different there I guess compared to selling another company's products. But that's where, as Blain mentioned, it would be difficult for some to provide paperwork.

Originally Posted by NFSP G35
So true. Hence the reason why I never signed up as a vendor. It's very competitive as it is in the real world. On the forum it's even worse because you have to worry about other vendors giving better prices. That could start price wars but certain vendors can only do so much because some get better discounts than others, driving the other ones out of business. It's also what you sell. The more stuff you sell that others don't but people will buy, the more you have the upper hand. Also if you're known to sell something, more people will go to you than some other vendor. That could hurt other businesses. On many products, the markup is quite little. I'm not going to get into which products have a larger profit margin, wouldn't be right to leak that out. You'd be surprised on some, and even more on the ones that will only get you a couple bucks because markup is little and competition is heavy.

Alright, I'm done with my morning rant. Sorry fellas, just woke up lol.

Last edited by The Stimulation; 12-02-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:19 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
im happy to say that all my experience with the venders that i have delt with are excellent

i think that there should be a way to tell the bad from the good. the itrader is pretty good i guess :P

Old 12-02-2010, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by NFSP G35
Advertisement it a tax write off.

Believe me, it suck paying taxes and so forth, but I don't have to worry about the IRS seizing all my belongings.

If the Vendor fees are really so high that the sponsors/vendors can barely break even then maybe IB should base the fees on the income of the business, and if your a business you would/should be legit.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by The_Stimulation
To my knowledge, at least in California, all businesses must have a reseller's certificate or something. Only way to get products from a distributor/warehouse is to provide that information. You can probably only do so much under the table but when it comes to filing taxes, those companies file as well so it's a bit difficult to do everything under the table and not charge any taxes. I'm not trying to back anyone up, just saying.
Chances are if they are selling a product they are in some way registered with the Government/IRS. But I can't help but feel that there are no doubt some that have found a loop hole. That being the case, there should not be any reason why any Sponsor/Vender here would not be able to present IB with the Tax ID number to become a sponsor/vendor.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:32 AM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by Kuneff
Chances are if they are selling a product they are in some way registered with the Government/IRS. But I can't help but feel that there are no doubt some that have found a loop hole. That being the case, there should not be any reason why any Sponsor/Vender here would not be able to present IB with the Tax ID number to become a sponsor/vendor.
I totally agree. And you're right, there are always loopholes and the shady businesses will always find a way. I also like your system for rating. In the end it's about protecting the consumer/the member. Vendors shouldn't have an upper hand over forum members selling to each other just because they pay a monthly fee. If that's the case, I'm pretty sure just about anyone can be a vendor and pay that monthly fee and screw over some members.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:40 AM
That's why we have the itrader.. just leave negative comments and let everyone know what happened..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35driver Vendors Quality control...