The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

G35driver Vendors Quality control...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 09:11 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^there is no way to charge someone based on the volume of their sales off of an internet forum. Unless they actually provide a way to take payment through here. Otherwise, it's just heresay.

Old 12-03-2010, 03:35 PM
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Nu_Trendz
If stock isn't kept your money buys your part from the wholesaler ,then it ships. Sometimes body kit parts or special orders can take a while. Frustrating for the business and the consumer. That is why disclaimers are made to the consumer.
That is understandable, but vendors should advertise which items are special orders, so the consumer can make an intelligent decision or pick another item that is stock and will ship right away.

Old 12-03-2010, 04:00 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
I would assume that most vendors do that.
I know that I'm not peddling parts that I don't have or cannot get next-day.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:33 PM
Also I think to be a vendor on the forum you need to have a functioning website. It might sound odd to ask but I know when things were going wrong with my vendor, I looked for a way to communicate other than PM's on here, aka real email or a phone number, most of which can be found on a company's website, he didn't have one.

Also I think a large portion of the secrecy and illusions come from "PM me for Price". Why is it that vendors cant post the price on the forum? And each vendor says "we will beat any other advertised price" but that doesn't include those that people receive in PM.

But don't get me wrong. I don't have any disagreement with a discount with purchasing multiple items or group buys. For example a great site I order from sometimes is JSCspeed.com and certain items they price match and would give you a discount if you ordered a bunch of parts together. thats how it should be here too. it is such a bother to have to send a Pm when I see something I like.

Some times where this wouldn't apply would be if small items were sold or many different variations. I'm not trying to single out Straffe out by saying this but their Dress up nuts and bolts are a perfect example. Just post on there something like, "prices start at: $___ each, $___ for 10-20 and $___ more than 20" I think everybody is smart enough to know that if they get a bigger size bolt or a more Unique color its going to cost more. but it helps give a ballpark guess.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:37 AM
Received 96 Likes on 70 Posts
Possible solutions

Lots of good comments here. My thots:

1) Require that all vendors use Paypal (it's a very small fee) since in Paypal funds cannot be released until the item has arrived and passes quality control of buyer. This ensures quality control to an extent. Signing up for Paypal is easy and carries no fee.

2) Buyer required to sign for item received (adds $1) to keep it honest on both sides

3) Have a Likert scale rating system attached to each vendor for ratings by buyers. Design the website so the rating system appears next to the vendor right on the forum and not in the back where it has to be hunted down

4) Have a similar system for each buyer b/c sometimes buyers are the issue

5) Have a counter that tells prospective buyers how much selling the vendor has done on the site

6) Vendors with negative feedback scores below a certain level are either placed on probation or dropped for a period of time or permanently

7) Requiring an EIN and other forms of proof tells us little and penalizes those who may just be starting off and are experimenting with a new product out of their garage. Business licenses do permit buyers to file complaints with the BBB tho.

This is hardly a perfect system, but it's a starting point for developing the system we seek. Feel free to critique and bat this around. If you critique something on the list, try to offer a more practical, workable, user friendly and relevant solution; thereby adding value to the discussion as opposed to just peeing on an idea. And I agree with 6MT2nr88 above, have prices on the forum up front and center to allow comparison shopping on the spot. We have our prices up front with the price range for services and what the sliding fee scale looks like. Once you begin pming, the foot-in-the-door or door-in-the-face phenomena can take over, and most salespeople know this.

my .02 cents
Isa

Last edited by Infiniti Chica; 12-08-2010 at 08:44 AM.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:07 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by Infiniti Chica
Lots of good comments here. My thots:

1) Require that all vendors use Paypal (it's a very small fee) since in Paypal funds cannot be released until the item has arrived and passes quality control of buyer. This ensures quality control to an extent. Signing up for Paypal is easy and carries no fee.

2) Buyer required to sign for item received (adds $1) to keep it honest on both sides

3) Have a Likert scale rating system attached to each vendor for ratings by buyers. Design the website so the rating system appears next to the vendor right on the forum and not in the back where it has to be hunted down

4) Have a similar system for each buyer b/c sometimes buyers are the issue

5) Have a counter that tells prospective buyers how much selling the vendor has done on the site

6) Vendors with negative feedback scores below a certain level are either placed on probation or dropped for a period of time or permanently

7) Requiring an EIN and other forms of proof tells us little and penalizes those who may just be starting off and are experimenting with a new product out of their garage. Business licenses do permit buyers to file complaints with the BBB tho.

This is hardly a perfect system, but it's a starting point for developing the system we seek. Feel free to critique and bat this around. If you critique something on the list, try to offer a more practical, workable, user friendly and relevant solution; thereby adding value to the discussion as opposed to just peeing on an idea. And I agree with 6MT2nr88 above, have prices on the forum up front and center to allow comparison shopping on the spot. We have our prices up front with the price range for services and what the sliding fee scale looks like. Once you begin pming, the foot-in-the-door or door-in-the-face phenomena can take over, and most salespeople know this.

my .02 cents
Isa
That's not exactly true. Also, some companies prefer to process credit cards directly. Good idea, though.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:28 AM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
^Good point. Though vendors need to be aware that having clients send credit card information through email or the sites PM system presents some substantial security holes.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:37 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
I'm sure most of the real businesses have secure servers like the one we use.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:38 AM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
^I'm sure you guys have everything set up right.

Not pointing any fingers, just making a statement.

Old 12-08-2010, 11:09 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
I know what you're saying. It is hard to do business over the internet without a secure way to complete a transaction. People aren't held accountable.

When I use Paypal, no matter who I am dealing with, if I haven't received my items or service by the 44th day, I will file a claim. Otherwise, you're screwed.

Old 12-24-2010, 05:53 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 121 Likes on 89 Posts
Originally Posted by 6mt2nr88
I'm not trying to single out Straffe out by saying this but their Dress up nuts and bolts are a perfect example. Just post on there something like, "prices start at: $___ each, $___ for 10-20 and $___ more than 20" I think everybody is smart enough to know that if they get a bigger size bolt or a more Unique color its going to cost more. but it helps give a ballpark guess.
I could post up Prices for each bolt if it were that easy. They are sold in Kits or sold individually. I could advertise a listed price as Ballerbolts requires me if it is published. This is why I state where they come from. You can go on their site and see their prices and in PM my prices allows me to have wiggly room to match or beat another vendor if they offer same products. BTW it is Strafe not Straffe...

We are working on our website to get all products we offer in place. Dustin or I can be reached almost 24/7. I think a Vendor should not hide who they are behind a screen name. To me that is just wrong. IMO

Old 12-24-2010, 05:59 PM
Really Needs a Life
Received 177 Likes on 136 Posts
Originally Posted by 6mt2nr88
And each vendor says "we will beat any other advertised price" but that doesn't include those that people receive in PM.

it is such a bother to have to send a Pm when I see something I like.

actually show me another vendor who advertises on here they will beat any other advertised price.. also, when i state i will beat any price, that includes pm pricing as well sir.

also, is it really that big of an issue to post in the vendor thread to say "hey i was this and that shipped to 26754?" - the vendor should be on top of the requests and shoot you a pm. nobody is forcing you to send us pms. we will gladly send you one if you post in our threads to show interest in our product(s).

Old 12-25-2010, 04:15 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,487 Likes on 1,222 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Actually there are a number of vendors on here that will price match; b2autodesigns, CZP, THMotorsports, Marinelli Motorsports, etc. I've been able to get a few smoking deals by comparing prices between vendors. It takes a little more work, but when I can get Hawk HPS pads for $90 shipped F?R to my door, or a set of $1300 coilovers for under $1100 it's worth it.