The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

G35driver Vendors Quality control...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 10:59 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
I've never had any real issues ordering anything from our sponsors/vendors. When we find a vendor that gives us quality and service let everyone know, give them praise here on DRIVER. Same way with poor service and crappy merchandise, let the members know. This way only the "Good Guys" will survive....
Gary

Old 12-02-2010, 11:13 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kuneff
I agree completely... I know what its like trying to drum up business on my local forum. Competing against the guy who does it all for cash (tax free) in his garage, as I am in a nice building, paying taxes, business license and so forth... Its total bull sheit...

Not really, I am sure there are quite a few here that are doing it all under the table...

****ALSO****

I think there should be some type of grading system to the Sponsors. The ones that don't reply to emails/pm's in a day or two should receive a strike. And they should be accountable for their business conduct. Then you know the minute you start dealings with them that they are an A rate sponsor, or even a C or D rate... Actually, there should not even be a D Rating. At that point they should no longer be allowed to be a Sponsor.
Being a vendor....I completely disagree. Sometimes you get so many messages that you cannot respond to all of them quickly. Also, people ask questions that may have already been answered.
In any case, don't forget that we PAY to be on here.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:26 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
However, I agree that their should be some sort of guideline for how a vendor should conduct themselves.

Old 12-02-2010, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator
Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by The_Stimulation
I totally agree. And you're right, there are always loopholes and the shady businesses will always find a way. I also like your system for rating. In the end it's about protecting the consumer/the member. Vendors shouldn't have an upper hand over forum members selling to each other just because they pay a monthly fee. If that's the case, I'm pretty sure just about anyone can be a vendor and pay that monthly fee and screw over some members.
At least if they are a registered business someone can contact their state attorney general over bad business. When its a dead beat with nothing to lose, there isn't much you can do.

Originally Posted by Frankieg35
That's why we have the itrader.. just leave negative comments and let everyone know what happened..
To me the iTrader rating is more of a private seller benefit. I feel there should be more to it with the Sponsors/vendors.

Old 12-02-2010, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Tim@Grubbs
Being a vendor....I completely disagree. Sometimes you get so many messages that you cannot respond to all of them quickly. Also, people ask questions that may have already been answered.
In any case, don't forget that we PAY to be on here.
I see your point there.... So maybe not get a bad mark for speedy replies, but I do feel there should be some type of grading/level/ranking to the Vendor's so that potential buyers will see right off what they are getting involved with.

Old 12-02-2010, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator
So I gotta ask the million dollar question on my mind right now....

What Does it cost to be a vendor???

Old 12-02-2010, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator

Old 12-02-2010, 01:38 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Apparently you are new around these parts. To become a vendor on an IB owned forum all you need is cash. It is that simple. I could start a company name called ScamsRus, pay the vendor fee and they would still let me do whatever I want.

Old 12-02-2010, 02:08 PM
Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts
I dealt with several vendors here, the only problem I have is some vendors will take your money imediately, but not ship your item until around a week later. They should hold on from charging you until the same day the items is going out for shipment.

Also, if they have the item in stock like they claim, then why does it take more than 2 business day to ship. If you buy something from Amazon they won't charge your card until it ships. I know Amazon is a big company, but these vendors should be able to do the same.

If the vendors are worry we don't have the funds at least charge us 1 day prior to shipping. At the same time most if not all of the problems between vendors and members is the vendors not keeping their part of the deal, I have never read of a vendor posting that they got scam or weasel by a buyer who didn't have enough funds on their account.

I apologize for the long message, but this is something that really upsets me and I am dealing with so I had to vent.

Old 12-02-2010, 02:12 PM
Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts
Also some vendors don't even leave you an itrader rating even after you alread left them 2 itrader rating and email/PM them about it. This is it, I am through ranting.

Last edited by lsmooth81; 12-02-2010 at 02:13 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-02-2010, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Apparently you are new around these parts. To become a vendor on an IB owned forum all you need is cash. It is that simple. I could start a company name called ScamsRus, pay the vendor fee and they would still let me do whatever I want.
Well that is obvious, and I feel that is part of the problem. There is no requirements aside from paying the cash...

My question is.... HOW MUCH DOES IT COST????

I am really just curious.

Old 12-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
I'd tell you, but I don't actually know. My accounting department takes care of that stuff.

Old 12-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Just assume it costs me a lot.....so you guys should have pity on me and buy lots of parts so I can put food on my table :-(

Old 12-02-2010, 06:10 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 121 Likes on 89 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DGS
That's kind of hard though Dustin. We have Sponsors/Vendors like Shane, Randy, Fanyan etc. That do custom **** and DON'T have a vendors permit, if we were to enforce that, we would be pushing those guys out.
How would you be pushing them out?

To collect money, charge fees for service, sell bodykits, installs, paint, etc a
Federal Tax ID is required EIN. To get body kits and parts to sell to public a reseller’s permit is required and must be displayed. The city that the work, selling installs etc are done also require a city business permit annually. If work is done at a residence or the business is at a residence city business license is also required by law. California has a Franchise tax board and when a product is bought and sold in CA the sales tax is required to be collected and paid quarterly.

I also want someone to work on my car who is legal, legit and has proper insurance if something goes wrong.

The fees aren't bad to get all the paperwork. Driver Vendor fees are not that bad...If you are going to do business, install and collect people's Money why not be legal. I think it would be good thing for all to know who is behind what and who is legal or not on here....I'm all for this to be made a requirement to be on this site...

Well that is obvious, and I feel that is part of the problem. There is no requirements aside from paying the cash...

My question is.... HOW MUCH DOES IT COST????

I am really just curious.
depends really on packages..

Originally Posted by lsmooth81
I dealt with several vendors here, the only problem I have is some vendors will take your money imediately, but not ship your item until around a week later. They should hold on from charging you until the same day the items is going out for shipment.

Also, if they have the item in stock like they claim, then why does it take more than 2 business day to ship. If you buy something from Amazon they won't charge your card until it ships. I know Amazon is a big company, but these vendors should be able to do the same.

If the vendors are worry we don't have the funds at least charge us 1 day prior to shipping. At the same time most if not all of the problems between vendors and members is the vendors not keeping their part of the deal, I have never read of a vendor posting that they got scam or weasel by a buyer who didn't have enough funds on their account.

I apologize for the long message, but this is something that really upsets me and I am dealing with so I had to vent.
If stock isn't kept your money buys your part from the wholesaler ,then it ships. Sometimes body kit parts or special orders can take a while. Frustrating for the business and the consumer. That is why disclaimers are made to the consumer.

Last edited by Strafe Automotive; 12-02-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:12 AM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Advertisement it a tax write off.

Believe me, it suck paying taxes and so forth, but I don't have to worry about the IRS seizing all my belongings.

If the Vendor fees are really so high that the sponsors/vendors can barely break even then maybe IB should base the fees on the income of the business, and if your a business you would/should be legit.
Believe me. I understand all that, I own a small business and I've always done my own taxes.
But also, I've looked into becoming a vendor and talked to a few vendors, ex-vendors, and IB staff and found out it wasn't worth my while.
It's kinda messed up when you have products or services, an eager market, but can't do anything about it because it would cost you all of your profit just to pay for the advertising.
IDK why they can't make the fees based on the volume of business/sales. Like a straight-up commission

You answered your own question!

Ok, not really.
Apparently, it's worth it if most of your business comes from the site and you sale fairly expensive stuff... but unless you're going to go "big" it's a moneypit.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35driver Vendors Quality control...