G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Selling my G35 to Carmax.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2011 | 08:53 AM
carmax wont offer much on it. they will have to sell it as a "valumax" vehicle

Old 04-08-2011 | 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Remember too that coupe prices deflate in the winter and inflate in the summer. Consider holding it until June or July. You should get more for it then.
ive also noticed this. i bluebook on my car varied a good couple thousand from winter to summer.

Old 04-08-2011 | 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by erklep
ive also noticed this. i bluebook on my car varied a good couple thousand from winter to summer.

Car buying season is the summer... thats when peopl get that itch to get a sports/performance car they can drive and stunt... more buyers = higher demand = higher price.

Old 04-08-2011 | 08:22 PM
forget carmax.

They tried to give me $500 for my 95izusu rodeo when I bought my G off them (they had the only low miles 6mt I could find). It had about 90k, but my family were the orginal owners and maintained it well. It ran perfect and was garage kept.

I ended up selling it for $2000 a few days later.

Old 04-08-2011 | 08:44 PM
Cars.com

It costs money, but you'll definitely have a higher chance to sell your car there. I've sold multiple cars with cars.com.

If they offer you too low.. just hang up or tell them to gtfo.. I mean that's what I did lol. I tell them to go look up the prices and don't give me bull**** offers because you'll be getting AT LEAST 2 calls a day if you post your car up there for a decent price.

I got soo freaking annoyed with people when they called and tried to low ball me. Tell them what you've done with the car and that the prices of the tires and etc weigh out because if they were to buy a cheaper G35 or another one from someone else. They would have to get those replaced and tell them the cost to get those replaced. If they don't budge just tell them you aren't going to move and don't bother calling back if they plan on giving you such a bull**** offer.

Old 04-08-2011 | 09:05 PM
Carmax buys its cars off of Black Book, which is updated weekly. KBB is just a 6 month old resource of what dealers report for what they are paying for, an average if you say, it doesn't even factor in for current market trends say Black Book would since it is up to date. They also look at what Manheim is selling them for for the last couple of weeks. So putting those 2 together is what is generated for your offer at Carmax. Sell it at Carmax. Its guaranteed cash and it is pretty easy. The 37's have brought them down so much in price. ValueMax cars must average 12k or less a year in mileage terms...

Oh and Tax season is over. Wholesalers are now buying cars cheaper now... Summer is when car prices go down in the industry.

KBB doesnt buy cars. If you actually call them, they will recommend you to sell your car to Carmax