G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Just bought a 05 G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 02:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just bought a 05 G35

Hi everyone,

I am new to your community and just wanted to introduce myself. I am coming over from the Subaru community which has treated me well, i loved my WRX along with the community.

I just purchased a 2005 G35 Coupe Black with black interior, 6 speed, navigation, sunroof. The car seems loaded. It has 39,000 miles and i got it for $18,500 before taxes. It is very nice in and out, i like it a lot. The only thing i liked better about my WRX is the speed and sound (feels much faster than the G35) but i think it will be a good change.

If theres any hints or tips or useful information that you guys could give me about this car that i am unaware of i would appreciate it. Other than that just wanted to say hello.

Joe

Old 04-28-2011, 02:49 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
nice. get some clear corners. upgrade to projectors and maybe get a pair of 06-07 tails too.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:52 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Looks like it's in great shape. Congrats on the buy and welcome to the family!

Old 04-28-2011, 02:55 AM
thanks! i'm excited to pick her up on friday

Old 04-28-2011, 03:11 AM
Car looks awesome, except for those hideous rims. Let me know if you want me to take them off your hands :-D

Old 04-28-2011, 03:52 AM
thanks man. do those wheels come as standard on the 05 or are they an upgraded package?

Old 04-28-2011, 09:39 AM
Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts
Congrats, Keep on eye on the oil levels. These Rev-up engines are known for Burning oil. I would also go to any dealer and see if the engine was ever replaced due to the burning issues.

Trending Topics

Old 04-28-2011, 10:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jrdefuri
thanks man. do those wheels come as standard on the 05 or are they an upgraded package?

Those 19inch wheels come with the sport package version for the auto and all 6mt from 05-07. Nice ride and get a spoiler.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:15 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
nah you don't need a spoiler, just lower it and shaved your emblems.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:28 PM
this web page is your guide to making your ride pimp.. the first few weeks you will be in honeymoon mode with your car, then the modd bug will kick in. whatever you do, do not i repeat do not put one of those crappy wanna be NISSAN GTR body, makes are cars look ugly. id lower it a notch, black out the grill, the ray look good, but if u want to be differant get differant rims.. they Rays look bomb on sedans but on coups idk!! unless its lowered. GL

Old 04-28-2011, 02:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^ what he said, OEM look slammed will always turn heads ina good way

Old 04-28-2011, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator
Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts
Congrats and welcome to Driver.... Sweet looking coupe!!!

Old 04-28-2011, 02:58 PM
Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Enjoy the new ride.
Yeah it won't be as peppy or nimble as the WRX
but the interior is 10 times better and the car will def start to grow on ya.
Are you planning on modding it at all?
If you are you're on the right forum, or maybe the wrong forum
cause this place gives you way too many ideas on how to spend ur cash.

Old 04-28-2011, 03:51 PM
thanks guys. i agree with most of you. i will def not be getting a body kit of any kind. i also prob won't be changing the wheels anytime soon i think they're pretty nice.

i plan on doing light modding but nothing extreme.

My WRX was pretty well modded and i'm not looking to spend a lot in mods. i will consider lowering it, maybe stock spoiler, and some minor exterior fixes but i don't wanna void my warranty.

I miss the power of the wrx (293 whp)- hasn't been sold yet....but everything else seems much nicer on the G so seems like a good choice

Old 04-29-2011, 01:19 PM
Welcome and good luck,

My 05 has been nothing but a liability. I hope you have better luck then I have had. I just sold my fully loaded g35x with 85,000 miles for 10,000, but it was in need of $3,000 in repairs (not from an accident). I suppose I could hook you up with some info on the more common problems with the car, since I have experienced a great majority of them:

-compression rods: If you start to hear loud creaking coming from your suspension every time you go over a bump at slow speeds it is probably the bushings in your compresion rods.

-SES light- either your gas cap isnt on right or your purge valve on your evap canister is stuck open (really easy to get to and fix on your own)

-airbag light - this is tempermental. A lot of times it is the squip/spiral cable/clockspring. My last quote was 350 for part and labor. Otherwise the airbag modules tend to go south without them ever going off or any modification.

-school bus. Unless you have after market brakes (or brembos) your brakes will probably sound like a school bus when you are stopping. There isn't much getting around it without going oem...get used to it.

-if your abs, vdc, and slip light all come on it is probably because your brake fluid is a half ounce low.

-the airbag seatbelt sensor for the passenger seat has a bad wire harness that tends to stop working. There is a recall to get this fixed. Your airbag light should illuminate and stay solid if this is the issue (or likely is).

-The interior of your car rattles. Get over it or insert little pieces of felt/foam to silence it. The rear windows can get longer bolts, there might even be a recall/tsb to have this done.

-Mobile 1 full synthetic is the best oil to use for the life of the engine (per some test posted somewhere on this sight). It also makes a noticable difference in how smooth the engine runs.

-hope to god you never have to replace a headlight.

I owned my car almost 4 years and hated (loved) it. It was in the shop 10-12 times in a 2 year period. I put love in parethesis because it was actually a really really nice, comfortable, powerful car for the price...I just hated the maintenance I need to do. My in law has an 05 g35 and has never had 1 thing go wrong (and he drives much more aggresive than myself) so dont let me scare you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just bought a 05 G35